Aps 1sts players playing district cricket

Re: Aps 1sts players playing district cricket

Anyone from any teams got any tips on the best way to beat Haileybury? Eg. Do they play spin well? Is it best to attack them when batting?? Which batsmen should you target?? Just anything useful as im sure noone wants them to win!!

JAFRO2006;188604 said:
Anyone from any teams got any tips on the best way to beat Haileybury? Eg. Do they play spin well? Is it best to attack them when batting?? Which batsmen should you target?? Just anything useful as im sure noone wants them to win!!

attack there team morale it is lacking as they seem to be a team of individuals and their fielding is terrible (one lollypop went down at point). They lack depth in bowling especially if pattinson cannot bowl and tie up one end with a spinner who bowls flat

'team morale +3'

teamorale491;188611 said:
attack there team morale it is lacking as they seem to be a team of individuals and their fielding is terrible (one lollypop went down at point). They lack depth in bowling especially if pattinson cannot bowl and tie up one end with a spinner who bowls flat

'team morale +3'

Thanks alot from what you have said sounds like we will have a good chance as we are a strong unit and have decent spinners and field well. I hope everyone gets behind us in 2 sats time as im sure everyone hates HC!

i am sure the whole APS cricketing world will be behind wesley...|@
although no1 likes haileybury, no1 really likes the other teams either, eg Wesley, Scotch, MGS...
JAFRO2006, i think you might need to calm down on these forums mate, you're makin wesley out to be champions and undefeatable... wait till we win a "real" game(s), then you can talk us up hahahaha.

Also, if carey are so good with these players like Parker, Chancellor, Potter etc, how come they lost to Brighton... i thought brighton weren't supposed to be good according to these forums...

davey36;188756 said:
although no1 likes haileybury, no1 really likes the other teams either, eg Wesley, Scotch, MGS...
JAFRO2006, i think you might need to calm down on these forums mate, you're makin wesley out to be champions and undefeatable... wait till we win a "real" game(s), then you can talk us up hahahaha.

Also, if carey are so good with these players like Parker, Chancellor, Potter etc, how come they lost to Brighton... i thought brighton weren't supposed to be good according to these forums...

Just trying to be positive and every other team is talking themselves up so why cant we! At the end of the day the main talk is to be done on the cricket pitch and not on these stupid forums.

davey36;188756 said:

mate remember brighton beat haileybury last year, only team to do so in 2 seasons. with haileybury winning the toss too and making 220 odd. and that was with that williamson bloke making 60 odd at 8. don't underestimate brighton, this year but especially in two or 3.

cheers

carey lost to brighton becoz they bowled 30 extras. a lot of these came from part time bowlers who wont actually bowl in games. Also chancellor didnt play due to a back injury but will be back this week.

As this is a forum for 1st players playing district cricket I wanna ask a few questions. I have just moved out here from England and although am batting like a blind person atm (think its the overly flat wickets here!!!) I am looking to play as high a level of cricket as possible and played what i believe is the equivilant to district cricket in England and in that system I was playing mainly 2's with a couple of games for the 1's just b4 i left. I know that district cricket is probs a slightly better standard than my English league but I wanna look to join a district club if poss. I live in Warrandyte (fair way out I know!!) and have been told my nearest clubs are Ringwood and Fitzroy/Doncaster but was wondering if any1 had any advice on clubs etc.

Thanks.

I think you will find the competition out here to be a lot stronger. District 1's is a very good standard. All i have heard about district clubs is that they are all very good.

playing district ones is ********ing good. playing district 1s means u are playing against state and australian players.

Like i said its probs a better standard but wen i played 1's i did play with county players.

davey36;188756 said:

chancellor didnt play against brighton

and we were playing lots of year 9s to give them ago.... lost with a couple of overs to go and didnt even go for the win..... opening bowlers were both crook n shouldnt of played also

SouthSwans;185146 said:
Patto's playing Dandy 2s I think,

theres a fair few going around from last year, Tormey is playing ones, Footie is in Melbourne 2s, theres a few more I know.

foote is playing at glen iris

davey36;188756 said:

mate ******** you anyway mate probably the best game of APS cricket observed in the last 5 years was witnessed today with wesley kicking the ********out of Hailebury and half the hailebury team acting like spoilt brats, and i believe beating hailebury 1 down with several wesley players out due to injury plus the new south african quick bowler to come after christmas i'd pull your head in mate cause that is a top effort, just wait for this south african kid bowls 135-140 quicker than collins from hailebury three seasons ago

burwood;191047 said:
mate ******** you anyway mate probably the best game of APS cricket observed in the last 5 years was witnessed today with wesley kicking the ********out of Hailebury and half the hailebury team acting like spoilt brats, and i believe beating hailebury 1 down with several wesley players out due to injury plus the new south african quick bowler to come after christmas i'd pull your head in mate cause that is a top effort, just wait for this south african kid bowls 135-140 quicker than collins from hailebury three seasons ago

cant wait as it may put the dickheads from HC in ther place havin some quickies in the comp!!!

burwood;191047 said:
and i believe beating hailebury 2 down with several wesley players out due to injury plus the new south african quick bowler to come after christmas i'd pull ur head in mate coz that is a top effort, just wait for this south african kid bowls 135-140 quicker than collins from hailebury three seasons ago

and he is only in year 10!

wouldnt be boasting yes each team has to play him once, but mate uve got to twice a week for the next year, good luck with that.

pupisgod;191052 said:
wouldnt be boasting yes each team has to play him once, but mate uve got to twice a week for the next year, good luck with that.

Im lookin forward to it, aint scared of quickies like you.

Back