APS: 2007/08 Season

Re: APS 1st XI 2007/08

hi guys

i think a really hard team to beat will be the mighty carey boys and girls. They have fantastic skills and supreme conditions to facinate spectators. Who will stare in awe.
We have
Meg lanning who will challenge patto for the number one player in the comp. chancellor is a great bloke and nearly made firsts in yr 9
And parker who is a excellent stroke player on and off the field.

YAY Carey!!!!
we are the ones to beat

carey_hero;173465 said:
hi guys

i think a really hard team to beat will be the mighty carey boys and girls. They have fantastic skills and supreme conditions to facinate spectators. Who will stare in awe.
We have
Meg lanning who will challenge patto for the number one player in the comp. chancellor is a great bloke and nearly made firsts in yr 9
And parker who is a excellent stroke player on and off the field.

YAY Carey!!!!
we are the ones to beat
Surely this is someone joking around.... :p....

SouthSwans;173344 said:
You need more than one player if you are going to contend. Especially if the player is someone like Clayton.

QUOTE]

whats the supposed to meen south swans?

Overrated IMO, I've seen him 3 times and on all 3 occasions his innings' have been streaky and edgy and -40s. Flat track bully.

SouthSwans;173513 said:
Overrated IMO, I've seen him 3 times and on all 3 occasions his innings' have been streaky and edgy and -40s. Flat track bully.

Agree south swans.
i got ur back mate.
If anyone knows, what was his average last year? is he on a scholorship? thanks

Re: APS Predictions

i only caught one game of them last year, against the mighty scotch, but Geelong College should be ok, as will Scotch

Both have their standouts in Kitchen and Clayton respectively, and decent bowlers in "noodles" and grosse respectively.

I believe both these sides will finish top 4, as both have very solid top orders which i feel is the key to a successful side.
Who are Scotchs top 4, and Also geelong colleges?
lol dont mean to sound unpatriotic talking about GC so much!
cheers@|

ok i played with clayton last year how can someone who played vic 17's district 2z and has played 2 years of firsts and rep cricket be bad? ever thought it could just be school cricket?

Brighton Grammar: Expect bgs to have a few upsets this year. They did so in year 10 and have that same instinctive 'underdog' spirit.

Haileybury: Reuben Wakefield is a good starting player, as well as kyle martin who can be handy at times, but apart from them, look a little shaky form what i know. Talk is that Lynch is injured, and from last season that Max Wakefield may never play again. Pattinson may have Vic duties, and the intense workload may cause him to break down again.

Scotch: Unsure about Scotch, if their top players can all perform well at once they will have th potential to do well, but i can't see them stringing together lots of wins due to their lack of depth and experience.

Carey: Once again this year, i dont think Carey will be too strong. They were weak in yr10 and their year below seems failry weak as well. Go Meg!

Melbourne Grammar: Expect Melbourne to do fairly well this year. They have lots of experience, as well as a deep batting order and a variety of bowlers. If Shaw and Thomas can emulate Vance and Sartori, they will go pretty well this year.

Geelong College: I dont understand what all the fuss is about? They have one good player in Kitchen and that's it. Lugg will be punished by batsmen this year and their lack of depth and quality will be exposed.

Geelong Grammar: Weren't any good last year even with O'keefe. Wouldn't think they'll be too good this year either.

Wesley: Wesley were no good last year, the year before that, or the year before that etc. Unfortunately the culture for cricket is no good at Wesley, thus i cant see them doing any better this year. Also, who do they have??

Caulfield: Were reasonably strong last year, but very few players remain, leaving an exposed team which was average in year 10 and whose year below isn't too strong either, so i dont think they'll be contenders this year. But then again, Caulfield may just surprise...

Xavier: Personally, i think there has been a lack of respect shown to Xavier so far on the threads so far. Xavier were pretty strong in yr 10, their yr level below is strong as well, their players are experienced and have that Xavier winning culture.

St. Kevins: Unsure on this one, could do well. McDermott has the potential, and there is obviously something there about Griffiths.

Based on this, i think the ladder will look something like this:

Haileybury or Melbourne
Melbourne or Haileybury
Xavier
Scotch
St Kevins
Brighton
Caulfield
Geelong College
Carey
Geelong Grammar
Wesley

comments.....?????

HC, Skevs, GC, CGS and possibly Xavs & BGS will finish above Melbourne.

Vance and Sarts are gone now. They were the only things keeping that ship afloat.

For GC I think you are forgetting Easton Wood as well. That kid's a gun. I'm pretty sure Rogerson's a year 11 as well.

SouthSwans;174237 said:
For GC I think you are forgetting Easton Wood as well. That kid's a gun. I'm pretty sure Rogerson's a year 11 as well.

Easton Wood is a Yr 12 at geelong grammar and Rogerson from GC can barely even be rated as good on his best days

Apparently mgs have got in a new scholarship player from up north - chris wischer. Rumour is that he bowls in excess of 135k's consistently and has plenty of improvement left. He also hits the ball a bloody long way

how about 'club cricketer' stops making stupid baised comments. GC versus MGS will be a good game this year as it was last year with ROGERSON and LUGG (who club cricket donesnt rate) getting GC over the line by 2 wickets in the biggest run chase in GC history (334 runs). Before you decide that lugg and rogerson arent good have a look at last years stats. Both dominated.

SouthSwans;172860 said:
The best bowling attack (apart from HC the filthy dogs) for one.

Handel, Everett, Jayaweera, Axais, Breen.

Axais is not playing this year. Done his knee but regardless was not going to play

Club Cricketer;174238 said:
Easton Wood is a Yr 12 at geelong grammar and Rogerson from GC can barely even be rated as good on his best days

I rate Noodles, he has actually picked up a bit of pace and given that he is a left armer, could cause some troubles. Can also hold the bat ok too

xavier have a year 10 bloke that is a border and he just happend to come here this year and hitted runs in the 10as last yeaar and just happens to be here.

bull**** xavs dont do scholarships

TOP FOUR SIDES (NO ORDER)
what do u reckon

BGS have 7 players who have played 1 or more games in 1st XI. They will be top four

Halybury have many experienced players but they already have afew injuries. They should finish in the top four.

Scotch with morris clayton will be strong and finish in the top 4

Geelong College will also finish in the top four. With plenty of experience.

Back