APS: 2007/08 Season

Re: APS: 2007/08 Season

skevs could b strong this yr. on the w/e went down to xavier by 3 runs whilst trying out a few other players. (run-outs galore because of strong winds and trouble hearing each other). griffiths did not play and will no doubt open up the bowling and bat high.
the side could look sumthin like this:
pana karageorgiou (played in and out of side since yr9/10, time to shine)
hunter santamaria
james hoppe (played since yr9/10, hitting em as wel as anyone)
lachie roberts (played most of the games last yr as yr10)
josh griffiths (standout player, one of most threatening bowlers in aps this yr)
anthony stubbs
andrew lightfoot (played last yr as yr10, also wktkeeper)
chris moore (up and coming yr9)
liam clancey (played last yr as yr 9/10)
pat turnbull (few games towards end of last season)
mark stafford? / matt murphy?

wesley
10 players who have played at least two games in the 1's, 6 of which played most of last year, two imports from england (not scholarship), bat to 10. Fairly good preseason, pumped Yarra valley, no stand outs but fairly solid with bat and ball.

It should be interesting this week if Wesley say they are all they live up to be. I heard from a source that one of their players isn't playing school cricket because he wants to play premier cricket instead. That's committment to your school in the highest regard|@ . Scotch has a reasonable outfit and will be quite competitive with a lot of youngens. Clayton is in solid form with the bat and there also a certain gamebreaker who can perform some magical moments and turn a game within overs.

Yeah i heard that as well bout this wesley guy not liking wesley cricket. thats defintaley not commitment. who is this gamebreaker?? sounds interesting pushfatwo.

the hot beef injection;187614 said:
skevs could b strong this yr. on the w/e went down to xavier by 3 runs whilst trying out a few other players. (run-outs galore because of strong winds and trouble hearing each other). griffiths did not play and will no doubt open up the bowling and bat high.
the side could look sumthin like this:
pana karageorgiou (played in and out of side since yr9/10, time to shine)
hunter santamaria
james hoppe (played since yr9/10, hitting em as wel as anyone)
lachie roberts (played most of the games last yr as yr10)
josh griffiths (standout player, one of most threatening bowlers in aps this yr)
anthony stubbs
andrew lightfoot (played last yr as yr10, also wktkeeper)
chris moore (up and coming yr9)
liam clancey (played last yr as yr 9/10)
pat turnbull (few games towards end of last season)
mark stafford? / matt murphy?

I think you are dreaming a little bit there mate. What about the fielding from Xavier? Goss threw the stumps down from 25 metres and Curtain did something similar. Poor running is poor cricket and xavier were also "trying" a few things. Having said that the none of the bowling from either side was fantastic but I reckon OSullivan from Xavier did the best into the wind. Keep saying how good StK are but the fact is you were beaten and really 5 Xavier threw their wickets away in an attempt to give all the boys a bat.
Neither will figure in the top three is my guess.

Pushfatwo;187791 said:
It should be interesting this week if Wesley say they are all they live up to be. I heard from a source that one of their players isn't playing school cricket because he wants to play premier cricket instead. That's committment to your school in the highest regard|@ .

I do not remember Wesley talking up their players like you say, maybe i am reading a wrong forum but the previous post just told it how it was.
Although at Wesley, there have been some poor years recently, this year is already looking much better, with the Gairns and Smith brothers older and more mature, plus some other quality players.

As to do with supposed a player who wants to play premier cricket, that is not true. There was speculation but mostly over the off-season, but that player is 100% commited i can assure you.

It will be an interesting game this friday, it will be good to see how some of the wesley boys do after limited pre-season due to aths and how Scotch will bowl because Wesley have a very strong batting line-up with the number 10 & 11 opening the batting in the 2's last year and i think they had a 200-run opening partnership in a game. But yes, they do both bowl also.

So enough speculating, all those details are facts@|

the gamebreaker is looking to tear up the pitch this week with bat and ball. should b interesting to c how wesley handle it. personally pushfatwo is solid but gamebreaker with that little extra heat is well a gamebreaker. wesley look out!

how is the pitch/grounds looking at scotch? ...coz i know at wesley it is going to be a road again this season.

so r scotch giving out scholarships this season.. wesley have given a scholarship to a country boy whos an opening bowler, but he may not start till next year unfortunately but it will booster up our pace attack massively.

davey give it a rest mate you know you guys have got no-one as usual so please stop talking yourself up. i mean the question you have got to ask yourself is do you really think you're good enough for this competition? cos i dont think you are. so why dont you go back to your little hole where you came from and forget about the season altogether. btw change your motto - it is fairly gay.

Wow Gamebreaker... telling Davey to stop talking himself up.. Rather rich buddy rather rich.. Is there still a nice little whole in the middle of the scotchs' grounds?

Carey07;188031 said:
Wow Gamebreaker... telling Davey to stop talking himself up.. Rather rich buddy rather rich.. Is there still a nice little whole in the middle of the scotchs' grounds?

You think thats pretty funny dont you. You wanna tell us who did it? making a whole and putting weed killer on someones pitch is taking it a little bit to far. its one of the tightest things

Sharkies;188084 said:
You wanna tell us who did it? making a whole and putting weed killer on someones pitch is taking it a little bit to far. its one of the tightest things

Well actually i heard it was a Scotchie.. So yeah actaully pretty damn funny

gamebreaker;187975 said:
davey give it a rest mate you know you guys have got no-one as usual so please stop talking yourself up. i mean the question you have got to ask yourself is do you really think you're good enough for this competition? cos i dont think you are. so why dont you go back to your little hole where you came from and forget about the season altogether. btw change your motto - it is fairly gay.

gamebreaker mate, how did you go today?
make any runs / get any wickets...|@
I don't want to rub it in mate but if your gonna talk the talk, please walk the walk, i am pretty sure wesley beat scotch today, and if it wan't for jamie mcmillan, it wood've been very comfortable... and i don't think you made over 5 or had an economy rate under 5.

So, do i think we are good enough for this competition?
Yes, i suppose we are, it is only a praccy match but i think both teams had full teams today.
and mate, "success has a purple lining", you can repeat that over to your bf's

davey36;188221 said:
gamebreaker mate, how did you go today?
make any runs / get any wickets...|@
I don't want to rub it in mate but if your gonna talk the talk, please walk the walk, i am pretty sure wesley beat scotch today, and if it wan't for jamie mcmillan, it wood've been very comfortable... and i don't think you made over 5 or had an economy rate under 5.

So, do i think we are good enough for this competition?
Yes, i suppose we are, it is only a praccy match but i think both teams had full teams today.
and mate, "success has a purple lining", you can repeat that over to your bf's

cop it gamebreaker

Haha cop that GB!!! Btw the real season starts next week, so Wesley don't get too cocky, its only a praccy.

I have to say, Wesley won because of one man today. Ash Manus. This kid saved you with some help from Hamish Gairns and also some poor fielding, but overall, he stepped up when you needed him with bat and ball. An underrated player, good bloke and an asset to Wesleys purple outfit. He made the right decision to play for school.

davey36;188221 said:
it is only a praccy match but i think both teams had full teams today.

Pushfatwo;188241 said:
I have to say, Wesley won because of one man today. Ash Manus. This kid saved you with some help from Hamish Gairns and also some poor fielding, but overall, he stepped up when you needed him with bat and ball. An underrated player, good bloke and an asset to Wesleys purple outfit. He made the right decision to play for school.

I don't think i would say that we won because of one man, yes he is a top bloke and he did make the right decision...
BUT
he got spanked in his last 2 overs in bowling, but that was mainly due to a poor field. And H. Gairns got our batting started, making a quick 43 until being run out. When 3 out of 4 batsmen get run out, there is a problem with Ash's and Wesley's running.

He had a standout performance, but i don't think you can can say we won becasue of one man.

Back