Are Hussey's best days behind him ?

• Only for this summer he will refind his form

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

grapedo

After Mike Hussey's horror summer do you agree with certain media factions in saying his best days are behind him ?

Re: Are Hussey's best days behind him ?

I am going to have to say yes on this one.

Although I think he will remain in the side and still hit the occasional big knock but I don't think he will be able to average 60 anymore.

No Absolutley not.

Knee jerk reaction.

Every one has a form slump and unfortunately he is having one now against a world class attack. Looked to be fighting it today, only to be undone by Paul Harris.

Will finish his career avg 50+.

Top class player.

He's having his first lean spell after scoring a pile of runs for Australia since 2004.

Stupid thread.

Kram81;303693 said:
He's having his first lean spell after scoring a pile of runs for Australia since 2004.Stupid thread.

Actually he made his debut in 2005 against the West Indies but thats okay.

He played his first ODI for Australia that year champ, another form of the game he has dominated in.

Kram this guy has me on ignore but Hussey did indeed make his debut in 2005. In the test arena.

He has been making a pile of runs since 2004 however, in the shorter version of the game. Feb 1 2004.

It wasnt clarified that this was a Test only poll, but thats okay. :)

grapedo;303694 said:
Actually he made his debut in 2005 against the West Indies but thats okay.

Depends, are you talking tests or one day?

Still managed to average 56 in the one day format this year, which is in keeping with his average overall.

In terms of tests, hard to say. He's had a few rough decisions plus there was always going to be a correction of sorts from the days when he was averaging 75+. It will depend on how he performs in the next 9 months, this will be the main pointer in terms of form etc.

Kram81;303696 said:
He played his first ODI for Australia that year champ, another form of the game he has dominated in.

Yes he made his debut against India and hit 17 n.o. which was the only international match he played that year.

So your statement is still false because 17 runs in 2004 is not a pile of runs but thats okay :)

grapedo;303703 said:
Yes he made his debut against India and hit 17 n.o. which was the only international match he played that year.

So your statement is still false because 17 runs in 2004 is not a pile of runs but thats okay :)

That is being a tad pedantic and you know it.

grapedo;303704 said:
both now I assume.

Logical thread progression.

Biggie;303705 said:
Geez, he said since 2004 not in 2004. :eek:

So if it is since 2004 it must mean he scored a pile of runs in 2004.
Otherwise he could have said bar 2004 where he played one match or just said 2005.

mas cambios;303706 said:

Logical thread progression.

Yes it is. But if you're not 100% sure on your facts being correct either double check them or don't say anything it is a valuable lesson.

grapedo;303708 said:
So if it is since 2004 it must mean he scored a pile of runs in 2004.
Otherwise he could have said bar 2004 where he played one match or just said 2005.

mas cambios;303706 said:

Yeah. What Mas posted. :)

grapedo;303709 said:
Yes it is. But if you're not 100% sure on your facts being correct either double check them or don't say anything it is a valuable lesson.

So with that theory you would never have actually started this Hussey bashing thread, would you. :)

The man is a proud Western Australian and that is all that matters :)

This (first) form slump wont last long.

Biggie;303711 said:
So with that theory you would never have actually started this Hussey bashing thread, would you. :)

that makes no sense to me what so ever sorry.

Kram81;303712 said:
The man is a proud Western Australian and that is all that matters :)

This (first) form slump wont last long.

He is one of my favourite players.

I just wanted to know what the current public opinion was on it.

Shall we all take 5? Might be for the best.

For the record then, Hussey made his one day début in 2004 but only played one game. I think it's fair to say that since his test début in 2005 he's been a regular and important member of the Australian team.

With that out of the way, lets get back on to the original point which has been Hussey's seemingly poor return this year in the test arena, which for the record has been 14 tests returning 744 runs @ 31.00 with 1 century.

Is it a sign of declining ability, a bad run, dodgy decisions or something else?

Back