Article - Nuggets will be hard to beat again: SouthSwans

SouthSwans

Article - Nuggets will be hard to beat again: SouthSwans

articlebcfx3.jpg

January 18, 2009

Former Nairobi captain SouthSwans today announced in his comeback press conference that the Nuggets will once again be the team to beat this season.

"The boys are looking sensational but when I got here (at the Thomas Odoyo Cricket Academy) on Friday morning I've been going flat knacker."

Swans struggled with some of the drills, carrying excess weight from the silly season, but was quick to note some of the physical improvements of some of his team-mates in the off-season.

"Gee, Ljp's looking alright, he must've dropped what, 20-30 kegs? He's looking like a young Dwayne Leverock now."

Ljp86 has done some extensive work on his fitness over the break to cope with the workload of bowling up to twenty overs a day at express pace, and has shedded 21 kilograms to be back to a mere shadow of his former phisique at 143kg. Others to have made improvements in last season's skin-fold results were Kram81, weapons05/06, Flawed Genius and loopy_cam.

ljpli6.jpg

Swans took a leave of abscence from the Nuggets earlier in the year after struggling with the bat in the first few matches last season. He handed over the captaincy to current skipper Ljp and although Swans was playing in matches, he struggled to attend training sessions and to find his passion for the game.

"My mind really wasn't in it, but being there at the end when Benny hit those winning runs in the final was something ultra-special. It just brought me back to the game I love."

Swans has been playing for his club team for the last few months to get that form back to it's best in time for his return.
"I've been off playing a few games of club cricket for a little bit now. Smashing them everywhere."
He scored 157* from 64 balls last Sunday with a blistering performance that put his mindset right back to the BCFCL.
"Yeah those twelve-year olds didn't know what hit them, I absolutely belted them to all corners. Gotta love the Pulp Sport attitude."

The Nuggets are now looking forward to the first instalment of another big season with the TwentyFive25 Competition that begun last week with a narrow six-run loss to the Kingston Kings in which Swans made a hand 35 batting at first drop. "Wouldn't mind opening in these games, but really it's all about the team and if the chemistry of the side is working then I'm just happy to be in the side."

The next game of the new look TwentyFive25 competition is on Thursday with the Nuggets coming up against the Geelong Gators.

Re: Article - Nuggets will be hard to beat again: SouthSwans

Southie knows something the Wizards don't.

These things are always leaked before Jolldo makes the announcements. :p

Lucky Jolldo doesnt make such big decisions on his own eh?

Hmmmm, must've picked up somewhere along the line that they were no more before I came back. I think it's cause Jolldo left and thats what he was saying to me on BigFooty and I interpreted that the whole team went down. I'll alter that.... :eek:

breeno;312440 said:
As Ben Stiller once said in Zoolander "Cool".

As Breeno once quoted a word from a Ben Stiller movie... 'cool'

Dirk Kuyt;312454 said:
As Breeno once quoted a word from a Ben Stiller movie... 'cool'

As Dirk Kuyt once quoted a word Breeno quoted from a Ben Stiller movie...'cool'

SouthSwans;312049 said:
He scored 157* from 64 balls last Sunday with a blistering performance that put his mindset right back to the BCFCL.
"Yeah those twelve-year olds didn't know what hit them, I absolutely belted them to all corners. Gotta love the Pulp Sport attitude."

Funny as!!:D

Back