Aus A Squads For Zim & Sa

Good little series for the "A" side. Some good performances by some and some poor ones by others. Might see a few new names in the ODI and test sides soon enough.

Good little series for the "A" side. Some good performances by some and some poor ones by others. Might see a few new names in the ODI and test sides soon enough.

I don't think we'll see any new bowlers. It will be mostly recycling. Same with the batsmen.

I would really like to see them give Copeland a shot in the test team but I think there is a snowball's chance in hell on that one coming to pass as he didn't really take enough wickets.

They can't do anything yet with Mitchell Marsh despite his excellent bowling returns, he's practically a part-timer and his batting is too fragile.

Mitchell Starc didn't set the world alight in either one or four-day series and Luke Butterworth wasn't given enough opportunity, unlike Peter Siddle who took the most wickets and is a shoe-in despite those wickets being 95% tail-enders and nary a new ball wicket in sight.

Perhaps James Pattinson might be given a test hanger-on berth.

Aaron Finch is possibly a chance for the one dayers.

I don't think we'll see any new bowlers. It will be mostly recycling. Same with the batsmen.

I would really like to see them give Copeland a shot in the test team but I think there is a snowball's chance in hell on that one coming to pass as he didn't really take enough wickets.

They can't do anything yet with Mitchell Marsh despite his excellent bowling returns, he's practically a part-timer and his batting is too fragile.

Mitchell Starc didn't set the world alight in either one or four-day series and Luke Butterworth wasn't given enough opportunity, unlike Peter Siddle who took the most wickets and is a shoe-in despite those wickets being 95% tail-enders and nary a new ball wicket in sight.

Perhaps James Pattinson might be given a test hanger-on berth.

Aaron Finch is possibly a chance for the one dayers.

Copeland and Pattinson both got in. Copeland's record at first class level (although brief) is fairly good if I remember correctly so I guess his good work has come off. As I said in other thread it's good to see a few younger guys getting picked (Marsh, Lyon etc), although it' probably been about a year too late unfortunately.

Copeland and Pattinson both got in. Copeland's record at first class level (although brief) is fairly good if I remember correctly so I guess his good work has come off. As I said in other thread it's good to see a few younger guys getting picked (Marsh, Lyon etc), although it' probably been about a year too late unfortunately.

Copeland's record at Shield is excellent, really excellent, but i thought that might act against him believe it or not. Very pleased that form is being rewarded.

Big tour for Marsh, he's in all the squads. So they obviously expect him to fire. I hope his mental state is strong. That's my biggest worry with him, that he's not that confident under all that talent.

Back