Australia In England, The Ashes 2013

That is an overt example of what's been going on for a while now. Our batting really does stink. Clarke needs to go back to 5 now and I mean now or you can kiss goodbye to substantial runs from him.

I don't see why, it makes little difference and after Hughes made some runs in the first innings he deserves a chance to develop that position. Haddin did do very well, he had looked plain all test but dug in when needed. Just what they are going to do about some runs i don't know as this has been the issue for 2 years now.

Are you aware of the difference between Clarke's record at 4 and his record at 5?

very much so but he has not really spent much time at 4 and if he really is our best then it should not make any difference. No: 3 i understand, either you can or you cannot. Considering some of the things coming out in the court papers filed by Arthur, Clarke could be in for a very difficult time. He is clearly not popular with the team and these revelations will only cause further toxicity to fester.

They need to give him some clear advice and information. That's what they need to do.
He passed 40 once in 12 Test innings and only had a decent Shield season last year. He's not that 'unlucky' to be on the fringes.

Missed watching the 1st Test but 98 from a number 11 just amazing, really annoyed that I didn't see it.

He passed 40 once in 12 Test innings and only had a decent Shield season last year. He's not that 'unlucky' to be on the fringes.

Missed watching the 1st Test but 98 from a number 11 just amazing, really annoyed that I didn't see it.

I disagree with you saying he only had a decent Shield season last year.

When he first cracked the Test team in the Ashes last time England was in Australia in 2010, he averaged nearly 50 with the bat for NSW that season.

Hallelujah, the selectors have finally woken up to themselves and dropped Ed Cowan. He has been in woeful form of late.

Hopefully Usman takes his opportunity with both hands and cements himself in the team at last.

Great to see Ryan Harris back in the team as well.

Hallelujah, the selectors have finally woken up to themselves and dropped Ed Cowan. He has been in woeful form of late.

Hopefully Usman takes his opportunity with both hands and cements himself in the team at last.

Great to see Ryan Harris back in the team as well.

Why not Johnson instead of Ryan Harris?

Why not Johnson instead of Ryan Harris?

I am guessing you're an England fan.

Mitchell Johnson was absolutely rubbish on the last tour of England in 2009 and cost us any chance we had of winning that series.

His bowling is far too erratic and in English conditions, the England batsmen would have a field day.

Ryan Harris is a consistent bowler and likely to be more economical than Johnson.

I am guessing you're an England fan.

Mitchell Johnson was absolutely rubbish on the last tour of England in 2009 and cost us any chance we had of winning that series.

His bowling is far too erratic and in English conditions, the England batsmen would have a field day.

Ryan Harris is a consistent bowler and likely to be more economical than Johnson.

And what about James Faulkner ??:D;)

Back