Australia In India

Pitch, stumps on day 3:

BD3ljcpCYAAmxFZ.jpg

This is what I love about cricket. Aside from tennis there aren't many other sports where the range of possible playing environments are so varied, and have such an impact on the way the game is played.

Pitch, stumps on day 3:

BD3ljcpCYAAmxFZ.jpg

This is what I love about cricket. Aside from tennis there aren't many other sports where the range of possible playing environments are so varied, and have such an impact on the way the game is played.

Too true, the ground has so much impact on the flight and pitch of the ball that it can work to one teams advantage or the other. An example of this for me was the recent England v India series in India...the ground looked terrible and some of the bowlers truly struggled, it caused some low scoring matches. England go to New Zealand and the ground seemed a lot firmer and faster causing a higher scoring games (not withstanding the shorter boundaries).

Australia dismiss India for 572 in their first innings. MS Dhoni top scored with 224. James Pattinson was Australia's best bowler with 5/96. Nathan Lyon was very expensive taking 3/215. Peter Siddle and Moises Henriques both picked up 1 wicket each.

I think only playing one spinner has cost Australia and allowed India to take control of the game.

Ed Cowan opened the batting with Shane Watson because David Warner has gastro. Shane Watson was frustratingly caught off Ashwin's bowling on the last ball before lunch.

Well after a disastrous morning Australia clawing their way back a bit through Clarke and Wade. Still in massive trouble at 4 for 121, Surely Clarke has to move up to number 4.

I have much respect for that declaration decision -- I like that Clarke's always thinking about the state of the game.

If Henriques hadn't batted so well in the first Test, he wouldn't have had a spot in this one. Playing Maxwell as the second spinner to Doherty is a big, big risk, though I can faintly follow the selectors' mindset for playing the extra batsman. In their defence, there are at least several bowling options: Siddle and Pattinson as your front-liners with Henriques as another pace option, Doherty and Maxwell as your front-line spinners with Clarke and Warner as extra options. Still, Lyon can feel hard done by.

Well this is going well... India approaching 200 with only 1 down, hard to even see where the next wicket might come from.

I think the selectors should of played two spinners in Nathan Lyon and Xavier Doherty. If they both don't take wickets, it is a good indication they are not good spin bowlers.

For fast bowlers to have any affect on this match they need to steam in and bowl fast. Mitchell Johnson would be more suited to this as we have seen him rattle batsman, with his fiery bowling.

Hopefully Australia's current bowling attack can take some wickets. At the moment we are in big trouble.

If this goes on and he doesn't get another Test Doherty could end up with some fantastically career stats, sitting on 3 wickets @ 132 at the moment.

Don't know why they took so long looking at that Tendulkar caught behind off Pattinson, he hit the cover off it and it obviously carried.

WTF was Warner thinking with that sweep shot.. Hughes one wasn't great either, boy he's struggling at the moment.

Wow. This is absolutely abysmal... Won't even get past 150. Wade also owes Moises a slab for that ridiculous call for a run.

Back