Australia In India

Went it was 6 down, I made plans to go to a pub to see the end of it. I was half way there when, on the radio, they said it was 9 down. Turned back home at the next roundabout.

Just saw the ball that got Clarke. That was a beauty. I would've clipped it off my pads for 4. But then Clarke isn't a left hander...nor is he anywhere near as good as me.

That was a terrible performance by Australia. Australia's batting needs to be looked out. More of our batsman need to go on and make big scores, instead of getting to 50 and then getting out. Michael Clarke and Moises Henriques are the only batsman that have really done this. Usman Khawaja needs to be given a go. He might be one batsman who can make some runs in our top 4. Spin is the thing bringing our batsman undone. we need more batsman that play spin well. I have heard Steve Smith plays spin well, he needs to be included in the team if this is the case.

Our bowling has been as bad as our batting. Xavier Doherty and Glenn Maxwell managed to take some wickets against India. This might help them stay in the team for the next test. I would like to see Mitchell Johnson included in the team as one of the fast bowlers because of his raw pace and aggression.

The selectors need to make some changes to stop this tour ending up in a thrashing.

My team for the next test would be:

Ed Cowan
David Warner
Usman Khawaja
Michael Clarke
Matthew Wade
Moises Henriques
Steve Smith
Glenn Maxwell
Mitchell Johnson
James Pattinson
Xavier Doherty

Dunno about Khawaja, he's pretty ordinary against spin but I guess he can't do any worse than Hughes ATM. You would think Smith will almost certainly play next match when Watson goes home.

Also how much of a flog is Hayden in the commentary box, spends half the time talking about himself...

With the recent developments Australia have pretty much conceded the series, can't see the Aussies winning one game let alone two to tie it up at 2-2.

There is little wrong with the abilities of the players we have, nor can i disagree with the coach even if i do find the whole turn of events quite odd. The responsibility here lays firmly with the captain. Clarke is failing with the team, he is no leader even if he has some tactical thinking. The problem is there is no one else at this stage as any threat has been dispatched. The vic captain is a joke who has had very little form ever. Even when he was on for that short period he was so nervous he kept getting out when he needed to get on with it. Now he won't bowl he is not good enough to keep his spot.

David Warner and Ed Cowan are batting well for Australia after they won the toss. Warner is 54 not out and Ed Cowan is 43 not out. The pitch is meant to be flat so hopefully Australia take advantage of the conditions. Australia is 0/109 in total.

OMG what a shamozel. we simply can not seem to take a wicket. I appreciate they are at home but our bowlers have been the only thing keeping the team together for the last couple of years. Our spinners are a joke, it looks like we need our pakistan import to be cleared real soon.

Good fight back by Australia in Day 4 of the Test match, at Tea. Siddle and Starc are both bowling well. Siddle has bowling figures of 3/67 with 8 maidens. Starc picked up the important wicket of Vijay and has bowling figures of 2/74 including 5 maidens. Lyon has been expensive but removed Dhawan for 187 who was smashing the Australian bowlers. Lyon has bowling figures of 1/124 bowling 4 maidens. Smith also picked up a wicket with bowling figures of 1/63. India lead by 71 runs. Hopefully Australia can dismiss India in the final session of the day.

Australia dismiss India for 499 in their first innings. Siddle got the wicket of Sharma for a duck. Siddle finishes with bowling figures of 4/71 bowling 9 maidens. Siddle was the pick of the Australian bowlers. Henriques picked up Kumar for 18 edging to Haddin for his first wicket of the match. His bowling figures are 1/62 he bowled 2 maidens. A good come back from Australia's bowlers without James Pattinson in the bowling attack.

Ed Cowan and David Warner opened the batting for Australia. David Warner was dismissed for 2 caught by Dhoni off Kumar's bowling. It was a poor shot so early in his innings. He needed to stick around with Ed Cowan. Phil Hughes has come in at 3 instead of Michael Clarke. This is a very risky move, Hughes is not a good player of spin. Ed Cowan is not out on 5 and Hughes is 12 not out. Australia currently trail by 67 runs.

Ed Cowan gone. LBW for 9 bowled by Kumar. Top order needs to do better then this. Steve Smith now in. Hughes and Smith need to make runs or Australia are in danger of a batting collapse. Hughes is 24 not out and Smith is 1 not out.

Australia are struggling a tad and needs something big to stop India from winning the match. Must say that its a big scoring match too, so there is potential if Australia can keep themselves together and stop shedding the wickets like they have so far in this second innings.

Back