Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

Ljp86;276748 said:
India are 6/563, Laxman on 188, Kumble on 39. I'd say India will declare one Laxman reaches 200 and then Australia will have a to face a shortish period before the close of play.

Correct weight. Might face 12 overs.

Kumble playing a good knock also.

Over 2000 runs in test for the spin bowler.

V. V. S. Laxman by far my favourite player outside of India to watch. Just pure class against the aussies

Wouldn't mind the aussies having a bit of a bat soon, going to be a long long day tomorrow.

D.K;276768 said:
V. V. S. Laxman by far my favourite player outside of India to watch. Just pure class against the aussies

Wouldn't mind the aussies having a bit of a bat soon, going to be a long long day tomorrow.
Yeah I agree with you here. He's awesome to watch. He is just about to get a double century.

India declared at 7/613, Laxman scored 200 not out with Zaheer Khan having a dip at the end to finish with 28 from 21 balls.

Australia have been batting for about 15 minutes, they are 0/2 from four overs with Hayden scoring both runs to date. 14 overs remaining today so I don't think we'll see too much strokeplay being so close to stumps.

Hayden and Katich surprisingly both there at stumps, with Katich 29* Hayden 16* Aus 0/50.

Long hard day ahead.

Will be interesting to see how the pitch plays on day 3 , if it holds up the Aussies should be able to bat through the day . 613 is a long way away and they need to bat for 2 days to save this game .

Look at Laxman averages over 55 against the aussies while his career average is only 44. Just knows how to step it up against the bst nation in the world.

Long day for the aussies, pitch could crumble and this game will be over inside 2 days.

schwab2clarkson;276698 said:
Of course it is. Just go and do your research. Maybe go and watch some cricket instead of making stupid comments.
It wasn't the fault of Matthew Hayden when Zaheer Khan gave him the send off.
It certainly wasn't the fault of Simon Katich and Shane Watson when Gambhir put his elbow up.....
Regulars on here would know I'm one of the Kat's biggest fans, and I love a bit of the argy bargy, but to say that he said nothing to Gambhir is just silly.

I love the fact that it does mean something to the players and that there is some passion out there.

What I don't like is the fact you won't/can't understand that the Aussies are giving as good as they are getting, and it looks stupid, as they are getting smashed out of the park! :eek:

To even try to say that Watson didn't provoke Ghambir into the elbow poke- all you can do is laugh! :rolleyes:

schwab2clarkson;276714 said:
I saw what happened. It was Gambhir the whole time making comments.
I saw Billy Bowden talk to both guys and he told Gambhir off. That guy has got some serious anger issues that need urgent attention.

Anyway we have had two more wickets fall. Gambhir and Ganguly are out.
By the way eagle eye- the all-innocent Watson was found guilty overnight! ;)

Watson was slapped with a Level 1 charge under the same offence.

Watson pleaded not guilty to the offence during his hearing but Broad found him "guilty of verbally engaging with Gambhir in a manner that was not in keeping with the spirit of cricket". There is no right of appeal for Level 1 offences and the match referee's decision is final.

Cricinfo - Watson found guilty in elbow incident

el-capitano;276935 said:
Regulars on here would know I'm one of the Kat's biggest fans, and I love a bit of the argy bargy, but to say that he said nothing to Gambhir is just silly.

I love the fact that it does mean something to the players and that there is some passion out there.

What I don't like is the fact you won't/can't understand that the Aussies are giving as good as they are getting, and it looks stupid, as they are getting smashed out of the park! :eek:

To even try to say that Watson didn't provoke Ghambir into the elbow poke- all you can do is laugh! :rolleyes:
Hey she thinks Gambhir was at fault standing his ground, apparently he was supposed to walk out of his crease so Katich could field the ball and run him out :rolleyes:

eddiesmith;276670 said:
Typical of the Aussies to blame everyone else for what happens when they play

But it must be the fault of Big Bad India, the Aussie boys are all such sweet Angels who wouldnt hurt a fly and they would certainly never step over the line for sledging...

Schwab2clarkson responded to the above post.

schwab2clarkson;276698 said:
Of course it is. Just go and do your research. Maybe go and watch some cricket instead of making stupid comments.
It wasn't the fault of Matthew Hayden when Zaheer Khan gave him the send off.
It certainly wasn't the fault of Simon Katich and Shane Watson when Gambhir put his elbow up.....

The gorilla in Symonds' midst - Peter FitzSimons - Columns - Sport - smh.com.au

If you can't get it to work go to the Sydney Morning Herald and find Peter Fitzsimon's article "The gorilla in Symonds' midst" published on Saturday October 18, 2008

In the link above schwab2clarkson, you'll find that Andrew Symond's called Robin Uthappa a baby Gorilla in the Perth Test match. I wasn't going to put this up but just had to pop the bubble that is your ego.

Funny isn't it when an Australian calls an Indian a monkey its not spoken about in the Aussie media? Funny how other teams don't cry when they get called names?

To everyone else sorry for posting in the thread without being relevant.

Big Man;276985 said:
We Australians have dished it out for over 2 decades.

Time for us to wear a little now.
Did you know that back in 2005 the Aussie team were trying to stamp out the sledging?
Somehow you don't care....

Back