Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

What about Katich? Fair enough don't bowl Clarke as he's injured but surely Kat will be more dangerous than Hussey.

Is Hussey getting the same reverse swing that Binger and Watson were?

Big Man;279787 said:
Is Ponting putting himself before the team here?

Yes and No. He's risking a ban if the overs don't get through but the others may also lose part of the match fee for the slow over rate.

Still a pretty poor effort though. Had a small opportunity to win but now that is well and truly gone.

Krejza has 11 wickets in this game so far with the chance for more. When was the last time a debutant took 11 wickets?

Lead up to 367, 7/281, Harbhajan Singh 51 not out with Zaheer Khan on 5.

Watson gets his 4th, shame Ponting was to selfish to use him earlier.

382 needed to win off about 92 overs.

Jolldo87;279842 said:
Watson gets his 4th, shame Ponting was to selfish to use him earlier.

382 needed to win off about 92 overs.
I don't think that ponting was selfish especially after the Match Referee was onto him about the overrate.
Did you know that we were 10 overs behind?
Did you know that Chris Broad was going to suspend Ricky Ponting because of the overrate?

Stop your whinging.

It's a fact that spinners have to be used in this case. No matter what you think.

Fair dinkum it is going to be some chase! 4.15 an over I think is a bit too much, but hey, maybe the hungry Australia of old may poke its head out and we get there. Or is that a bit to optimistic?

Krezja is an absolute superstar! Man I love him now. Sure he goes at a rate very rarely seen in a Test match, but he gives the ball some air and a bit of rip, has a go, and has been rewarded. Not sure how he will go next Test he gets (possibly next Friday). Will he be a solid performer or just a one-Test wonder? Only time will tell

schwab2clarkson;279845 said:
I don't think that ponting was selfish especially after the Match Referee was onto him about the overrate.
Did you know that we were 10 overs behind?
Did you know that Chris Broad was going to suspend Ricky Ponting because of the overrate?

Stop your whinging.

It's a fact that spinners have to be used in this case. No matter what you think.

So what if Ponting was suspended?

I'd take the Border-Gavkasar trophy and a Ponting suspension over a series loss.

Had Watson bowled earlier then we could have bowled then out sooner and actually (possibly) had a very good chance at winning.

13 off the first over. Hayden on 5, Katich 8 from only two balls.

Sharma to bowl the final over of the day.

Jolldo87;279850 said:
So what if Ponting was suspended?

I'd take the Border-Gavkasar trophy and a Ponting suspension over a series loss.

Had Watson bowled earlier then we could have bowled then out sooner and actually had a very good chance at winning.
Um we have got NZ when we come back.

You wouldn't care if ponting got a 5 week suspension?

I care and so do the Aussies.

Watson couldn't bowl because of the overrate problem.
He could only bowl after we got the ok to bowl him again. It meant that we had to bowl spin for most of the last session.

It's not a limited over game so it doesn't really matter when we have to get them out.

My cousin, who works for Cricket Australia, was on the phone to the coaching staff wondering what was going on and got to have a chat to both Ricky Ponting and Chris Broad. So we know what is going.

Sounds like most of you guys don't know what you are talking about.

Back