Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

eddiesmith;272948 said:
Dussey should head over, make it 3 Vic debutants in 3 matches, that will make one site go into meltdown :eek: :D

:D I think I know who you're talking about. Siddle has been very impressive so far - sure, a bit expensive at times - but he looks far more comfortable than your usual debutant in a big match.

edladd;272956 said:
:D I think I know who you're talking about. Siddle has been very impressive so far - sure, a bit expensive at times - but he looks far more comfortable than your usual debutant in a big match.

SO true, his first ball was short and struck Gambier on the helmet. The perfect start and has looked comfortable out there.

Kumble career finished? dropped as captain....

Welldone to the little master

Siddle picks up his second wicket, Sharma caught at leg gully by Simon Katich.

6/332, Ganguly on 64, Dhoni is four from one ball.

India are 6/401 at lunch. Ganguly not out on 91 with Dhoni on 45 from 60 balls.

Another good session for India, they're a good chance for 500+ if thses two can keep batting like they are, they may get it by tea if Dhoni keeps up the agression.

Australia need to find a wicket or two and pretty quickly.

D.K;273004 said:
Kumble career finished? dropped as captain....

Dropped?

Late withdrawal with the shoulder problem he recieved in the first test.

Onto the match and Australia are up shit creek.

Hayden bowled 3rd ball duck :eek: Ponting out to Sharma LBW for 5.

18/2 the Aussies, chasing 469.

A spot of bother indeed.

Ishant Sharma is bowling well, as is Zaheer Khan. The ball is reversing in the ninth over. I wonder how Amit Mishra will bowl on this surface, which is gripping.

Hussey will come and save the day fellas :)

He is from the most brilliant state in our great land.. as we all know, WA ;)

Hussey, Haddin and Watson will need to score at least another 200 runs between them for Australia to have any chance of getting back into the game.

Following on is a real possibility at this point and it all rests on Hussey's shoulders again. If Huss doesn't go on with it as well as Haddin and Watson then Australia are in real trouble.

Huss Dog again will have to show us how good the kid is. Good day's cricket guarenteed today

Ljp86;273085 said:
Hussey, Haddin and Watson will need to score at least another 200 runs between them for Australia to have any chance of getting back into the game.

Following on is a real possibility at this point and it all rests on Hussey's shoulders again. If Huss doesn't go on with it as well as Haddin and Watson then Australia are in real trouble.
Yeah its a shame they dont have a batsman at no8 capable of big scores, oh wait...;)

Hussey gone, we are really in the shit now.

eddiesmith;273126 said:
Yeah its a shame they dont have a batsman at no8 capable of big scores, oh wait...;)

Yeah, big opportunity for White.

Watson VERY impressive, 66* as I speak. Brett Lee also batted well, does anyone think all rounder status will come to him?

Australia's all out for 268, and India 0/69 in the 16th over. At the moment India's probably going to win. Unless Australia can stay in on the fourth and fifth days when they get sent in.

Edit: 20th post

eddiesmith;273126 said:

Yep, don't have a number eight capable of big scores. ;)

India 0/100 at stumps, well and truly in control. You would think they only they can win the game now. Sehwag on 53, Gambhir on 46.

Watson top scored in Australia's innings with 78, Brett Lee made 35 and Hussey was out early in the day for 53. Mishra picked up five wickets on debut, a great effort with India deciding not to enforce the follow-on.

Australia face an uphill battle to stave off defeat, either chase down 500+ or bat for around one and half days, either are very unlikely to happen.

Back