Australia In New Zealand 16

It's a nice enough stadium the Caketin but who was the genius that decided to make all the seats bright yellow?

I personally like it haha. It's Wellington colours, that's the reason.

It's usually called Wespac Stadium but they had to call it "Wellington Stadium" because ANZ has the bank sponsorship for all cricket in NZ.

Good win, nice to see our middle and lower order getting us home. Part of our top order failed again though which is a bit concerning.

I should also add that James Faulkner is out of the series with a hamstring injury and has been replaced by Marcus Stoinis. Kane Richardson has also gone home with back issues with Joel Paris taking his spot in the squad for the final ODI.

Well, Australia bowed well and we stuffed up badly after getting into a good position to launch... Ronchi NEEDS to go!

We are going to have to bowl and field like demons to have a chance tonight!

Great send-off for Baz! We are again ranked 2nd in the world. :)

Here's an interesting stat: all three of Williamson, Taylor and Guptill have averaged over 50 in ODIs when McCullum has been captain.

Dear Steven Smith, while I can see where you are coming from with the Marsh dismissal, I don't recall you having a similar reaction with the Lyon wicket in Australia recently... At the end of the day, the correct decision was made and maybe just maybe, you take the loss on the chin like a man for once?

He is a good captain tactically, but I think he still has a bit of maturing to to do as yet..

Dear Steven Smith, while I can see where you are coming from with the Marsh dismissal, I don't recall you having a similar reaction with the Lyon wicket in Australia recently... At the end of the day, the correct decision was made and maybe just maybe, you take the loss on the chin like a man for once?

He is a good captain tactically, but I think he still has a bit of maturing to to do as yet..
Well not sure you quite get it. We will start with Smith, he will be a good captain but has much to learn tactically. The decision was right it was off the foot and it was out, but clearly the appeal was only made due to the big screen replay. Bad sportsmanship, never mind NZ will never forgive the underarm no matter how many time they have to top it. Remember it was in the rules. Oh and the Lyon decision was just a crap third umpire decision, we was out be there no doubt

Well this is no fun.... All the Aussies are hiding away. :(

Polishing the World Cup trophy. ;)

In all seriousness we were outplayed in two of the three matches. Our bowling did pretty well in two and a half games for a second/third string attack but our batting let us down bar a few individual innings. That Mitch Marsh was our second top scorer says a lot about how our top order went. Hopefully we can turn it around in the tests.

I should also point out that Mark Craig has been added to the New Zealand test squad in place of Mitchell Santner who is out with bone bruising in one of his feet.

The decision was right it was off the foot and it was out, but clearly the appeal was only made due to the big screen replay.
No, there was an appeal from the catch, a crap appeal but an appeal nonetheless and that requires a decision from the umpires. The fault all lies with the umpires for not giving a decision straight away or referring it straight away if they had doubt.

Polishing the World Cup trophy. ;)

In all seriousness we were outplayed in two of the three matches. Our bowling did pretty well in two and a half games for a second/third string attack but our batting let us down bar a few individual innings. That Mitch Marsh was our second top scorer says a lot about how our top order went. Hopefully we can turn it around in the tests.

I should also point out that Mark Craig has been added to the New Zealand test squad in place of Mitchell Santner who is out with bone bruising in one of his feet.
Damn straight, when Australia have all their players on deck they are a champion side.

Serious problems if the Aussie top 3 fail, NZ look like they have a game plan for Smith and that bottom order won't contribute as much as they do in Oz.

From a NZ perspective, Mark Craig?

Well not sure you quite get it. We will start with Smith, he will be a good captain but has much to learn tactically. The decision was right it was off the foot and it was out, but clearly the appeal was only made due to the big screen replay. Bad sportsmanship, never mind NZ will never forgive the underarm no matter how many time they have to top it. Remember it was in the rules. Oh and the Lyon decision was just a crap third umpire decision, we was out be there no doubt

Smith is hypocritical in his reactions to different decisions. If a decision goes Australia's way (any type of decision) then he's like, 'that's cricket, move on...' and if it goes against them and has a big impact then he cries wolf and questions the way the game is run... Some consistency and maybe I'd give him a bit more respect.

As for his captaincy, I thought he was excellent in all of the three matches..

Sodhi should have been added. Why did this have to happen?? We only just got rid of Craig! :eek:

Smith is hypocritical in his reactions to different decisions. If a decision goes Australia's way (any type of decision) then he's like, 'that's cricket, move on...' and if it goes against them and has a big impact then he cries wolf and questions the way the game is run... Some consistency and maybe I'd give him a bit more respect.

As for his captaincy, I thought he was excellent in all of the three matches..

Sodhi should have been added. Why did this have to happen?? We only just got rid of Craig! :eek:
I completely agree, Smith is a very good captain as shown by his planning for Williamson and the NZ middle order. Isn't it weird how batting failures are blamed on the captain and not on the selectors?

He just needs to start taking these losses on the chin, nothing wrong with setting high targets but you can't change results by sulking.

Obviously not happy with the way Astle is being treated but if not him then it should be Sodhi...this normally means Craig takes a 10-for to make everyone eat their words :D

Back