Australia In New Zealand 16

No, there was an appeal from the catch, a crap appeal but an appeal nonetheless and that requires a decision from the umpires. The fault all lies with the umpires for not giving a decision straight away or referring it straight away if they had doubt.
didn't see it live only a long replay and it didn't seem they had appealed untill they saw the big screen but i suppose a muffled grunt is an appeal.

Wish i could watch the test, don't have fox and refuse to get it. Seems to be a good game for the Aussies and McCullum getting out at the end of the day will hurt NZ tomorrow

So Australia lead 1-0 with the second and final test starting on Saturday. Doug Bracewell is out for New Zealand with a shoulder issue and looks set to be replaced by Neil Wagner or Matt Henry. Ross Taylor looks as if he won't play the second test and will instead play in the Island of Origin T20 on 28 February.

Peter Siddle is doubtful for Australia at the moment with James Pattinson the obvious inclusion. Jackson Bird will probably hold his spot if Siddle is declared unfit despite struggling with the ball in his first test back for three years.

There's also talk of another green pitch being prepared for Christchurch, could be a case of win the toss and bowl again when day one begins on Saturday.

Here's some of the highlights for those who haven't seen his innings yet.

Watching the events unfold on Cricinfo was an interesting experience to say the least. I remember reading the commentary when he was on about 36 and jokingly said to my brother that he's probably trying to knock off the fastest test century, never did we think it would actually happen. Although he played some streaky shots I've got to give to him for going out hard in an unideal situation.

Well shaping up as a good test with the first innings going to be not to far apart so long as the Kiwi's don't let Voges and the tail get away. Only day two long way and a result for sure

Pretty good innings from Burns.
Slow innings from Burns, clearly was struggling but that only shows how determined he was. It was a very important innings in the context of the game so he must be feeling very happy with his effort.

Back