Australia in New Zealand

Re: Australia in New Zealand

brickwaller99;395421 said:
Of course eddie. Ponting is a terrible slips fieldsman isn't he? Especially compared to white. Who has taken several catches that are in the top few of all time and who just snatches the sitters from other for attention?
Never said anything against Ponting, but I think it shows why White dives in front of Watson all the time ;)

I notice in the highlights that Watson also dropped Taylor twice, he will want to make a double century tomorrow

Good day for the Australians; Watson started like a train, but once again failed to go on. A pretty soft dismissal in the end for Watson, holing out at deep mid-wicket.

Ponting was unlucky, went to tuck a ball of his pads and was caught at short leg in a magnificent piece of fielding.

Hussey and Katich went to work, slowly but surely building the lead. Both were out to good pills.

Clarke and North steadied the ship and took the team to stumps without further loss and with a lead of 300.

6 wickets in hand.

Hussey looked pretty good, form looking on the up. He only offered two fake shots in his innings, and one got him out. Much better than the streaky runs he has been getting.

Also noticed a trend that he he has been scoring well in the last game/innings of a series all the time. It has what has kept him in the side. I'm thinking he needs time to adjust these days to the conditions of the country, meanwhile when in Australia it doesn't matter as much.

Yes but that has happened every series in every country for the last near 2 years. I will look into some stats later, but from my memory - S.A. Tour of Australia he scored 80 I think last game, S.A. Tour he scored 70 in his last game/innings, English Tour he scored 100 something in his last innings, Pakistan tour of Australia he scored 131 third last innings. They are just the ones from my memory, he has been doing it for longer, all without scoring much before it for the whole tour.

I think he needs the time to settle, but by the time he does it's the end of the tour and then too big a gap to the next series to continue the form.

Either way he is looking much better lately, expect him to bring up 15 centuries by his retirment at least.

Bowling well, but he'd want to after his performance in the first test, and with the likely return of Hilfenhaus for the two test matchs against Pakistan in England.

The pitch is still very flat at Hamilton, so it's a good effort to have the kiwi's 5 down at stumps.

The ball just looked like it might have been going reverse just before stumps, so the first hour will be interesting tomorrow.

I'd say Johnson is never in or out of form. Just performs randomly, and when he does he performs very well.

Nothing like inconsistency to throw the other teams off, as long as the other bowlers are consistent.

Looks like North has found some form. Really has shown he is a 100 or nothing player.

Well, Australia wrap up the summer with a convincing win.

Overall, it was been a good performance this summer, following on from the trauma of losing the Ashes.

The team started with winning the Champions Trophy and have followed on from there.

Bollinger, Harris and Johnson worked hard all series, with each bowler excelling at different times.

Special mention to Hauritz, who did the hard work in the first test, he should have had McCullum out today but Katich dropped the catch.

We all know that bigger fixtures await. This summer has been a long road, but at no time did the team complain.

The summer will be remembered the emergence of Bollinger as a genuine strike bowler and a great character as well as the emergence of Harris.

It has been an enjoyable period of cricket, I have also enjoyed the company on this website.

Now the cricket is over, I guess things on this site will slow down a bit.

Until, the T20 world cup starts, it is goodbye.

Did anyone here the banter on day 4 of the 2nd test between Ian Smith, Blewy and Simon Doull.

Regarding some memebers of the NZ female hockey team, Blewy getting phone numbers, and Simon Doull going with the Mark Nicholas look with the shirt undone.

Back