Australia in the West Indies

Re: Australia in the West Indies

Guru™;219528 said:
Lee took 5 fa

His fiery spell of 4 or 5 overs that I watched yielded 3 wickets. Just brilliant

Katich was missing from the top of the order and is yet to bat, anyone know why?

Jaques made 76, Hussey opening hit 40 and Symonds is 46 not out

Lead of over 350 I believe.

Declare overnight, let the Windies chase

I'd bat for 20 overs and put them in just before lunch. The mental advantage of 350 v 400 is significant although 250 would be pushing the West Indies.

Guru™;219528 said:
Lee took 5 fa

His fiery spell of 4 or 5 overs that I watched yielded 3 wickets. Just brilliant

Katich was missing from the top of the order and is yet to bat, anyone know why?

Jaques made 76, Hussey opening hit 40 and Symonds is 46 not out

Lead of over 350 I believe.

Declare overnight, let the Windies chase

I'd bat for 20 overs and put them in just before lunch. The mental advantage of 350 v 400 is significant although 250 would be pushing the West Indies.

Australia declared overnight at 6/244, Andrew Symonds finished 43 not out.

That set West Indies a target of 372 runs from 90 overs. So far they're 2/64 in reply, both wickets to fall, Devon Smith and Xavier Marshall fell very early, Smith was out to Brett Lee in the fifth over for a duck and Marshall was out about 30 mins later for five courtesy of a rare Stuart Clark bouncer.

Ramnaresh Sarwan is lookin in good touch though and has moved up to 43 with Runako Morton on 13. Australia will be looking to get Sarwan as quick as they can and go through the West Indies batting card in a similar fashion to the first innings.

308 needed off a minimum of 74.4 overs. Required run rate is 4.14.

Australia declared overnight at 6/244, Andrew Symonds finished 43 not out.

That set West Indies a target of 372 runs from 90 overs. So far they're 2/64 in reply, both wickets to fall, Devon Smith and Xavier Marshall fell very early, Smith was out to Brett Lee in the fifth over for a duck and Marshall was out about 30 mins later for five courtesy of a rare Stuart Clark bouncer.

Ramnaresh Sarwan is lookin in good touch though and has moved up to 43 with Runako Morton on 13. Australia will be looking to get Sarwan as quick as they can and go through the West Indies batting card in a similar fashion to the first innings.

308 needed off a minimum of 74.4 overs. Required run rate is 4.14.

Brett Lee's first ball of his second spell is a wicket. Lee manages to nip one off the pitch back into Runako Morton whose foot movement is non-existant and he is plumb in front.

3/84 now with Sarwan up to 60. Shiv Chanderpaul walks to the crease, this partnership will either make or break West Indies now.

Brett Lee's first ball of his second spell is a wicket. Lee manages to nip one off the pitch back into Runako Morton whose foot movement is non-existant and he is plumb in front.

3/84 now with Sarwan up to 60. Shiv Chanderpaul walks to the crease, this partnership will either make or break West Indies now.

This is the one, the Windies depend on this partnership. Would love to see one of these two ton up and have them really make a good fist of this.

This is the one, the Windies depend on this partnership. Would love to see one of these two ton up and have them really make a good fist of this.

Jolldo87;219585 said:
whoops, i didn't realise today was the final day :eek:

Jolldo87;219585 said:
whoops, i didn't realise today was the final day :eek:

Ponting calls the game off with 5 overs remaining. West Indies finish 5 wickets down and Australia retain the Frank Worell Trophy.

Ponting calls the game off with 5 overs remaining. West Indies finish 5 wickets down and Australia retain the Frank Worell Trophy.

With regards to Tiffin, I saw him in the IPL, and the one game I saw of him, he made three terrible general field calls in about 2 overs.

He's an absolute shocker!

With regards to Tiffin, I saw him in the IPL, and the one game I saw of him, he made three terrible general field calls in about 2 overs.

He's an absolute shocker!

Beau Casson is going to play as will Brad Haddin despite a broken finger. I'm cringing at the prospect of Casson being introduced on those flat pacemen decks in the Carribean. Chris Gayle - back in the side - Shiv Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan will take to him like there's no tomorrow. I would've liked us to play four quicks (Ash Noffke or Doug Bollinger). I also would've liked to see Luke Ronchi play, it would be good to see how he shapes up at international level.

Beau Casson is going to play as will Brad Haddin despite a broken finger. I'm cringing at the prospect of Casson being introduced on those flat pacemen decks in the Carribean. Chris Gayle - back in the side - Shiv Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan will take to him like there's no tomorrow. I would've liked us to play four quicks (Ash Noffke or Doug Bollinger). I also would've liked to see Luke Ronchi play, it would be good to see how he shapes up at international level.

Australia are batting on a fast, bouncing wicket with overcast clouds

Jaques was striking the ball well before falling to a good catch by Ramdin for 31

Taylor also removed Ponting for 18 and now Bravo has sent Huss back to the pavilion

Aussies in trouble at 3/96

Taylor has 2/29

Australia are batting on a fast, bouncing wicket with overcast clouds

Jaques was striking the ball well before falling to a good catch by Ramdin for 31

Taylor also removed Ponting for 18 and now Bravo has sent Huss back to the pavilion

Aussies in trouble at 3/96

Taylor has 2/29

Haddin just fell, Casson comes in at number 8 ahead of Lee. Symo has steading making 47 and we are 6/200. Still shaky. The Windies should really bring Edwards back on, he looked dangerous albeit wayward early.

Haddin just fell, Casson comes in at number 8 ahead of Lee. Symo has steading making 47 and we are 6/200. Still shaky. The Windies should really bring Edwards back on, he looked dangerous albeit wayward early.

Australia 7/226 at Stumps. Really, really struggling. We really need Casson and Lee to put on another 50 runs and try and get the score up around 300.

Australia 7/226 at Stumps. Really, really struggling. We really need Casson and Lee to put on another 50 runs and try and get the score up around 300.

I had the honour of watching Ponting smash consecutive 6's of Powell and then be dismissed LBW by Taylor.

I went to bed thinking Hussey and Katich look comfortable and woke up to this result?? WTF???

Damn.

I had the honour of watching Ponting smash consecutive 6's of Powell and then be dismissed LBW by Taylor.

I went to bed thinking Hussey and Katich look comfortable and woke up to this result?? WTF???

Damn.

Cricinfo was saying that the pitch was providing some uneven bounce so maybe Australia's total isn't as bad as what it looks.

Hopefully Lee and Casson can score some runs and get us towards 300.

Cricinfo was saying that the pitch was providing some uneven bounce so maybe Australia's total isn't as bad as what it looks.

Hopefully Lee and Casson can score some runs and get us towards 300.

Big Man;220655 said:
All out for less than 250.

Ordinary at best.

When was the last time the Aussies did so poorly in a first innings? the end is near?

Windies are 2/52 in reply Lee has got both the openers

Chanderpaul should be batting at 3 or 4. There best batsman and always is running out of partners

Big Man;220655 said:
All out for less than 250.

Ordinary at best.

When was the last time the Aussies did so poorly in a first innings? the end is near?

Windies are 2/52 in reply Lee has got both the openers

Chanderpaul should be batting at 3 or 4. There best batsman and always is running out of partners

3/64 now, Sarwan square drives off Clark but squirts the ball to backward point where Mike Hussey takes a great catch.

In walks Chanderpaul, he'll need to fire here.

3/64 now, Sarwan square drives off Clark but squirts the ball to backward point where Mike Hussey takes a great catch.

In walks Chanderpaul, he'll need to fire here.

West Indies were looking good when Chanderpaul and Bravo were together but Mitch Johnson tore through the middle and lower order, taking career best figured of 4/41 and bowling out West Indies for 216. Brett Lee and Michael Clarke also got wickets to bring their tallies for the innings to 3 and 1 respectively. Beau Casson's debut was rather unimpressive, 0/43 from seven overs.

Chanderpaul was again the star for West Indies, this time he made 79 not out and single handedly got West Indies over 200. Xavier Marshall scored 39 and Dwayne Bravo made 29 before falling to Johnson.

In reply, Australia are 0/35 which doubles their lead to 70 runs. Simon Katich is 17 not out and Phil Jaques is on 13.

West Indies were looking good when Chanderpaul and Bravo were together but Mitch Johnson tore through the middle and lower order, taking career best figured of 4/41 and bowling out West Indies for 216. Brett Lee and Michael Clarke also got wickets to bring their tallies for the innings to 3 and 1 respectively. Beau Casson's debut was rather unimpressive, 0/43 from seven overs.

Chanderpaul was again the star for West Indies, this time he made 79 not out and single handedly got West Indies over 200. Xavier Marshall scored 39 and Dwayne Bravo made 29 before falling to Johnson.

In reply, Australia are 0/35 which doubles their lead to 70 runs. Simon Katich is 17 not out and Phil Jaques is on 13.

Australia in total control at the moment, they're up to 0/129 on Day 3. Simon Katich has increased his score to 64 not out while Phil Jaques is up to 55 now.

West Indies have both spinners on, Sulieman Benn and Chris Gayle. None of the bowlers today have made any real impact.

Australia's lead is up to 164 and they still have 10 wickets in hand.

Australia in total control at the moment, they're up to 0/129 on Day 3. Simon Katich has increased his score to 64 not out while Phil Jaques is up to 55 now.

West Indies have both spinners on, Sulieman Benn and Chris Gayle. None of the bowlers today have made any real impact.

Australia's lead is up to 164 and they still have 10 wickets in hand.

Lunch came and went, Australia are 0/179, a lead of 214.

Chattergoon went off on a stretcher after suffering a very painful ankle injury. His left ankle became stuck in the grass and wenched underneath him after making a diving attempt to stop a Jaques cover-drive. He is now off to hospital for tests and it appears he won't bat in West Indies second innings.

Jaques on 89 and Katich is 77, West Indies don't really look like they are going to take a wicket soon.

Lunch came and went, Australia are 0/179, a lead of 214.

Chattergoon went off on a stretcher after suffering a very painful ankle injury. His left ankle became stuck in the grass and wenched underneath him after making a diving attempt to stop a Jaques cover-drive. He is now off to hospital for tests and it appears he won't bat in West Indies second innings.

Jaques on 89 and Katich is 77, West Indies don't really look like they are going to take a wicket soon.

Back