Australia In The West Indies

I was fortunate to watch the first 3 ODI's live in St Vincent and i think the WI gave a very good account of themselves. They should have won the last one easily!

There were some encouraging signs from the West Indies side, but there have been encouraging signs after their tour of India and Bangladesh and when the hosted Pakistan and India last year. I'm just waiting for it to all click -- when the openers get comfortable at the crease and are making runs, and the batting order has found their balance. The bowlers did well, I thought, though they need to work on capitalising after taking wickets -- the Aussie tail did tremendously well, but from what I read, the Windies' bowlers could have done more to turn the screws.

I still think they need experience in the top three, and Gayle is the obvious candidate. Batting Sarwan at number three could also work too, though he's not in the squad for the England tour (even though he's PLAYING IN ENGLAND NOW AND BATTING WELL :mad: ). I don't see Samuels as a number three, and I don't think they needed to add Fudadin to the pool of middle-order batsmen. I would absolutely love to see Gayle train with the squad -- even if he doesn't play -- and Sarwan bat at three. I'm glad to see Ramdin back and I hope Carlton Baugh works on his batting temperament more than anything else.

I doubt the WICB will pick Sarwan ever again. They claim he has some attitude problems which is why he is not currently in the squad.

Back