Australia Needs A Mcgrath

futureblackcap

The biggest problem I see with Australia's national side is the lack of consistency and accuracy in the fast bowlers. Australia has some quick bowlers but they really need a bloke like McGrath to come in and bowl line and length and tie up the batsmen while the really quick bowlers get the wickets at the other end.

Another issue is the selectors chopping and changing bowlers all the time. There are a number of good bowlers that were in the side for a while that have been left out Hifenhaus, Harris etc.

Copeland seems to have taken that mantle. Hilfy is a good bowler who has lost form and seemed to be a one trick pony, who without swing, didn't have much else. Harris has been in and out mainly due to injuries, not because of the selectors. The fast bowling ranks have been fairly stable.

Its the spinners where the selectors really let the ball go. ;)

Harris is pretty solid and is in good form at the moment, he's more of the side's "McGrath" if you like. There are plenty of quicks around to fill the gaps but as el-cap has said it's the spinning department where we are struggling.

The tests aginats South Africa will show where we are at in the new Clarke era. I'm hoping we've improved a bit.

We have been spoilt for good speedsters for a long time and now we have to be patient while the current young bowlers settle into an attach. Johnson will only last as long as it takes for the youngsters to find their way.

I really feels that Australia needs a bowler like McGrath because current Australian bowlers has not consistency and accuracy like McGrath.Australian team looks weak on bowling side without McGrath.

Back