Australia v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Australia v India

I would personally bring Sreesanth on now to get the wicket. I hope Ganguly is allowed a runner.

Yeah India let it slip in the middle overs. Australia set for a 300+ score now.

australia finished with 307... haddin and clarke played very well which was bad for us :( the batsman took the time to settled in and they made lot of runs in the end... pathan needed to get wickets

I think Pathan should have bowled at the end, he seems to have the control level to bowl enough yorkers in the latter overs. I am still not a fan of Sreesanth bowling at the death, I still feel his first two spells should be in powerplay cricket and the third in the latter middle overs in order to get vital wickets before the last ten.

A competitive total there for Australia, although they wobbled at the start, India let it slip in the middle.

Great knock by Clarke and good support from Haddin.

Talking about Haddin, its a shame for the guy, imagine being good, but getting beat by world class in your country, it'd annoy me slightly! Although the only reason im not in the England squad is due to Monty Panesar :lol:

Seemed like a classy knock from Clarke, i've always backed this boy, i think hes a gem, he can bat both agressively as show today, or defensively as hes showed in tests. Plus he has some useful SLA tweakers.

Haddin and Clarke did a fantastic job. The 144 run partnership between them took the game away from India. Gambhir has been sent in to open, if ganguly doesnt take further part in this match it will be bad news for India.
Sachin gone for a duck!

Methinks Sachin's time is almost up, I'd hope he retire on Indian soil, Brian Lara did it infront of his home fans, so Sachin should also :laugh:

As far as this game goes, I think Australia showed why they are the 50ov World Champions

Rain has haulted play, i think this will be to the advantage of the Indians, they can have a vhat and decide on how to tackle the World Champions!

Haddin and Hopes did alright, good to see Australia's second XI (or close to it) do a good job. Hopefully it stops raining soon.

The rain Its not looking good for play. A lot of overs have been lost. If play does resume then it could benefit India as its likely to be around 20 overs. But the chances of play resuming are very slim. The fans who turned up will be very disappointed as they didn't get to see the Indians bat.

If the game is reduced to around 20-30 overs, Gambhir and Pathan are the two who you would want out there with Yuvraj and Dravid with a partnership in the middle and Dhoni to finish it off.

There is going to be a final inspection in about 15 minutes. Hopefully we get some play soon.

26 overs: 201 runs
27 overs: 207 runs
28 overs: 212 runs
29 overs: 218 runs
30 overs: 223 runs
31 overs: 228 runs

:D

Just to add to that to give an insight as to the run rate needed.

26 overs: 201 runs. 7.73rpo
27 overs: 207. 7.66rpo
28 overs: 212. 7.57rpo
29 overs: 218. 7.52rpo
30 overs: 223. 7.43rpo
31 overs: 228. 7.35rpo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back