Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

Don't remember it being that wet up there growing up.
I'm quite a bit older than you Sharkman84 Sharkman84 and I recall at boarding school days upon days of wet weather.. or as we called it a ''big wet'. We in fact seem to have less of those today.. but we do have more extreme storms. I had never heard of La Nina or El Nina weather patterns when I was growing up. They are commonplace these days.

Last edited:
Starc remains wicketless from 18 overs. Time for Boland or Green.

The skipper produces swing from nowhere to take Aussies within site of victory..

Only 15 overs left. Can England hold on? Enthralling cricket.

Last edited:
No other cricket format can produce such theatre and excitement up to the final over like a Test match can.

Well done England to hold on for a gutsy and worthy draw.

Last edited:
Poms dodge a bullet by whinging about the light to the umps so only the spinners were only allowed to bowl the last few overs and also that rain delay didn't help matters either.

Gotta chuckle at the steadfast attitude of CA. It said at the start of this series that Harris was going to get an extended run. He has had four matches in which to make a statement that he belongs at this level. He has made one good score only in his 8 innings, yet it looks at tho Usman will not have the chance to follow his twin ton knock as CA is holding onto Harris for Hobart. Surely Harris will not make the Paki tour.

Khawaja is almost undroppable after this test with twin centuries, it would be very harsh to drop him after such a strong performance. With Head to come back in, the only player they could drop is Harris, very unlikely Warner is chopped. I'd much prefer Khawaja stay in the middle order but feel he may be a "plug-in and play" type player when the team has a problem that needs solving.

Sydney's a much wetter city than it was when I lived up there. Don't remember it being that wet up there growing up.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Sydney averages over 1,200mm of rain per calendar year. It's a very wet city, wetter than what most people think. The first half of the calendar year is the wettest for them and they have a pretty wet summer.

So a draw in the end. England did well to bat out for a draw while Australia will be disappointed they fell one wicket short of getting victory. Personally I think Australia did leave enough time to get the win, shelling several chances didn't help with the weather also helping England's cause.

The fifth test should be interesting with Australia's team selection sure to be a talking point heading into the game. For England, Buttler is out of the fifth test with a badly broken finger and will fly home for treatment. One of Jonny Bairstow or Ollie Pope will take the gloves for the fifth test you would think.

Last edited:
I'm quite a bit older than you Sharkman84 Sharkman84 and I recall at boarding school days upon days of wet weather.. or as we called it a ''big wet'. We in fact seem to have less of those today.. but we do have more extreme storms. I had never heard of La Nina or El Nino weather patterns when I was growing up. They are commonplace these days.
What does El Nina mean Richie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back