Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

That was an exhilarating finish to the best SCG Test in a decade. Was a far cry from the usual turgid affairs at this iconic ground. The match had everything, theatre, excitement, courage, stamina, brilliance.. but above all it was a fair contest between bat and ball that went down to the final ball of the final over. Absolutely nail-biting stuff and the perfect advertisement for Test cricket..

What does El Nina mean Richie?
Its El Nino Jess. It and La Nina are Spanish words for "little boy and little girl". As I understand, the two are weather patterns that form in the southern ocean and cause either extreme dry conditions or extreme wet ones. My state and in fact the entire Australian Eastern Seaboard has been in the grip of La Nina.. the wet system this autumn/summer. With it brings cyclones, thunderstorms, heavy rain and oppressive humidity. This is the worst weather you can imagine as it also usually brings flash flooding and crop destruction in our rural areas.

Having a crack at a likely Pakistan Tour X1.
Warner
Khawaja
Labuchagne
Smith
Green
Head
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Reserves: Richardson, Boland, Swepson, Ashton Agar, Maddinson/Renshaw. Possibles, Handscomb, Whiteman, Inglis, Kuhnemann.

Last edited:
With your predicted squad i actually don't think Hazelwood will be going back to red ball cricket.
He wants to concentrate on white ball cricket.

Having a crack at a likely Pakistan Tour X1.
Warner
Khawaja
Labuchagne
Smith
Green
Head
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Reserves: Richardson, Boland, Swepson, Ashton Agar, Maddinson/Renshaw. Possibles, Handscomb, Whiteman, Inglis, Kuhnemann.

i think ozzie will have hard time in Pakistan.

i think ozzie will have hard time in Pakistan.
Are Pakistan decks more suited to pace or spin these days. I recall our older Aussie teams going there and making masses of runs. Tubby Taylor for instance reached Don Bradman's top score and then declared.

Are Pakistan decks more suited to pace or spin these days. I recall our former Aussie teams going there and making masses of runs. Tubby Taylor for instance reached Don Bradman's top score and then declared.

we have not had much test match there of late. the ones against safrica had good pace as we have shaheen and hasan who are world class pace.

think ozzies will suffer from them and yasir

Last edited by a moderator:
Its El Nino Jess. It and La Nina are Spanish words for "little boy and little girl". As I understand, the two are weather patterns that form in the southern ocean and cause either extreme dry conditions or extreme wet ones. My state and in fact the entire Australian Eastern Seaboard has been in the grip of La Nina.. the wet system this autumn/summer. With it brings cyclones, thunderstorms, heavy rain and oppressive humidity. This is the worst weather you can imagine as it also usually brings flash flooding and crop destruction in our rural areas.
I never knew Australia could have such bad weather 😲
I always thought you guys had extreme heat and endless sunshine.

I never knew Australia could have such bad weather
Our recent extreme weather co-incides with the rise in climate change/global warming Jess. Australia has always had dry spells and wet weather spells but nothing like what we have had over ..say the past five years. Two years ago we had our worst ever wildfires with a third of my large state scorched. and last year close to our most severe flooding. Already had a repeat this year with many rural towns under water.

Weather in Hobart looks no better than Sydney's with showers first three days of the historic Tassie Test. Yet again it may have cleared by start of play.

Back