M.Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

what do you think the second XI would be?

I'd say:

Rogers
Jaques
Hughes
Hodge
White
D.Hussey
Paine
McDonald/Bollinger
Lee
Krejza
Clark

Would make a good game!

Re: Australia's current 2nd test XI?

I would back the 2nd XI to win comfortably on the strength of their batting, although it could be a 700 v 700 draw given the weakness in the 2nd XI bowling attack, surely there are better bowlers around?

You could even make a competitive 3rd XI

1. Klinger
2. Marsh
3. Carseldine
4. Ferguson
5. Birt
6. Henriques
7. Manou
8. S.Smith
9. Laughlin
10. Tait
11. Nannes

I reckon these guys would have Bangladesh, New Zealand and West Indies covered, and maybe even a bigger scalp on their day.

This sort of exercise really shows up how poor our unlimited overs bowling stocks are at the moment. The batsmen in those 2nd and 3rd XIs really deserve better to back them up.

Probably half the reason the Test guys are fairly uninspiring - there's not much competition for bowling seats on the tour bus.

Lee, Bollinger and Clark would clean up the Australian First XI, they have shown against other teams they can't play reverse swing, or swing in general, pace, consistency, or left handers at the same time in the same game. Therefore with that bowling attack I think that one of them will step up in a rotational basis and clean up half the order while the other two get smashed. And Krejza would get Ponting's wicket, because he can't play big spinning off spinners.

:D :D :D

Back