Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

UNplayable;385346 said:
I do agree that Ellis and Shaw should be in ahead of Winnard however he did play three days of country week last year by memory and we all know selectors won't have all three north blokes miss out on the same day and the ex north bloke also (Burns).. Reason i had Knowlesy that low was becauase he seems to be struggling alot with form this season and doubt he'd go anyway with his injury. Don't think Belly will bat at no 10 when he hardly bowls for wendouree.

True that. Only reason I'd have Bell that low is he is a better cricketer than the ones I left out but not as good a bat as those I had above him. You just couldn't play the North blokes ahead of any of the others. It would be a disservice to the comp.

SteveO;385396 said:
True that. Only reason I'd have Bell that low is he is a better cricketer than the ones I left out but not as good a bat as those I had above him. You just couldn't play the North blokes ahead of any of the others. It would be a disservice to the comp.

Matt Cations and Ray Dumesney on standby for country week.

Wow ... what a weekend in cricket !

East with a good win over the Hill, Naps with a comfortable win over Mt Clear, the Combine upstaging Wendouree, Point shellacking Coronet outright, and the Northies getting home in a thriller.

Certainly going to make the run to March interesting now !

Yab_Yab;385739 said:
Hey Wacka, Fridge must of batted all right on the weekend?

He certainly did BDC. Sprouler got us off to a reasonable start and Fridge kicked us on in the middle/latter stages belting everyone to all parts. I managed to get up there for the last 9 overs and that I think was more tense than the GF a few years back, flucking phenomenal effort by our boys.

Don't wanna make any rash statements or get ahead of myself here but I may have mentioned pre-season that we just might be better off than the 8th position most of these blokes had us pitted in on here. Only lost the one game to Mt. Clear by not much and now knocked off an undefeated Red Cap outfit with one missing Allan boy and a jet lagged other!

Yab_Yab;385739 said:
Hey Wacka, Fridge must of batted all right on the weekend?

Fark me, only got 121 against the top team, take much to work that out Yab?!?!?!?!

Dean Waugh;367072 said:
Think BRCC will be big improvers this year, good recruit in fridge brown.

Waka, posted this on the 27th of Sept. I think i may have been the only one to put you in the top 4!
You should win it now!!!!

Dean Waugh;385843 said:
Waka, posted this on the 27th of Sept. I think i may have been the only one to put you in the top 4!

Correct you are Deano, you also said a little bit back that Lee Brown will get BRCC into the finals off his own bat..........Well yes, obviously outstanding performance on the weekend. I'd like to think he wont be the only person getting them to the finals though. Sproules, Hoey and Landry capable of Big Scores also. There bowling also sees Egan and Sproules sitting in the top 5 wicket takers I believe, not to mention the Allan boys.......

As far as them winning it, MASSIVE call hahahaha, Wendouree havent lost too many games in the last few years, nor has Mt.Clear for that matter....

Dean Waugh;385843 said:

I reckon you were the only one old mate. Dunno about winning it, we still have 3 tough games to go to prove our worth then will come up against a quality outfit no doubt in a semi given we get there of course.

All the best for the Willow tomorrow Gibba, I'm sure you blokes will do some damage and get back some form. Just don't blow all of your winnings on cans and darts on the way home!!

Jedi9;385779 said:
Fark me, only got 121 against the top team, take much to work that out Yab?!?!?!?!

That took so much brain power to work out that my little hamster used to turn the wheel inside my head has died of exhaustion. I think I might lay down for a bit.

Yab_Yab;385974 said:
That took so much brain power to work out that my little hamster used to turn the wheel inside my head has died of exhaustion. I think I might lay down for a bit.

It's OK BDC, plenty of gerbals to replace it where you are old mate!!

Waka05;385987 said:
It's OK BDC, plenty of gerbals to replace it where you are old mate!!

San Francisco at the moment. Rather wet here. Head to Vegas in a couple of days.

I'm bored so I'll make a martyr of myself again.

Have been talking to a few chaps around the place and the whisper is that we may have an 8 team comp next year? I've noticed that Coronet have had some issues fielding full sides of 11 in their seconds especially this year and am under the impression that this was their last chance to fix this issue. A few years back all the clubs were asked to, what we called, "Justify your existence" in which the BCA requested we "Tick all the boxes" to comply with their requirements to be a "Club" club. Now having had to do this myself for BRCC I can't see the Coronet boys complying and heard that this year was their 3rd and final warning, and by the looks of their 2nd XI they've not met the requirements. I could be way off the mark and someone please slap me upside the noggin if it's the case but I've heard from 2 unrelated sources that this was the case.

Another one I've heard is that Darley were considering to apply to play in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association next year? Any blokes from down the highway wanna confirm, deny or scoff in my general direction on that one?

If both were to leave, then our dreams of a dead even comp would come true in that we could have 7 One Dayers and 7 Two Dayers, all playing each other twice! Not only that the 5ths would be included in the BCA comp too which probably means not that much really I guess but all the same 5 teams would be good.

Did hear also that Gisborne were considering applying to come and play in our league. I say f*ck that in the back pipe big time! 2 hours in the car just to get there, 6 hours cricket time, 2 hours home, surely we'd knock that one on the head if it were to happen.

As I said, bored, mrs is watching Neighbours, Daughter's in bed, thought I'd start a topic other than how the Bulls led by the Marlboro Mooses Gibba and Knowles concentrating too much on T20 instead of real flags......it's working though!!

Waka05;386173 said:
thought I'd start a topic other than how the Bulls led by the Marlboro Mooses Gibba and Knowles concentrating too much on T20 instead of real flags......it's working though!!

I must sincerely apologise to both Sam Giblett and Ryan Knowles along with the Brown Hill Cricket Club for any offence my comments may have caused. They were made tongue in cheek and followed on from a personal conversation I have had with both the above named players. I don't honestly believe nor does anyone else at my club that they are not taking the regular BCA season seriously and congratulate them on their outstanding achievements in the T20 competition. I'm sure the victory will get the boys back in form to give the Mounties a big shake this round. Waka

Waka05;386292 said:
I must sincerely apologise to both Sam Giblett and Ryan Knowles along with the Brown Hill Cricket Club for any offence my comments may have caused. They were made tongue in cheek and followed on from a personal conversation I have had with both the above named players. I don't honestly believe nor does anyone else at my club that they are not taking the regular BCA season seriously and congratulate them on their outstanding achievements in the T20 competition. I'm sure the victory will get the boys back in form to give the Mounties a big shake this round. Waka

I was wondering how long it would take for Skontra to pull you back in line. Ha Ha. As for Gisbourne entering the comp, there would definately be a new PB for the drinks on the ride home.

the_don88;386312 said:
I was wondering how long it would take for Skontra to pull you back in line. Ha Ha. As for Gisbourne entering the comp, there would definately be a new PB for the drinks on the ride home.

Nothing like that mate, I was just made aware that some not very smart people who like thinking badly of everything we say on here may have thought I was serious. Damn me for not putting a smiley face next to every little joke I make. :):p;):rolleyes:

Who was the personal conversation with as it wasn't with me waka and i couldn't care less about your tongue & cheek posts! And for the record... I'm a B&H Man myself & Knowelsy is Winfield!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back