Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

STICK;233016 said:
Geez if he is still possibly not right that would be a big loss for them as he was pretty reliable in the home and away season. Im not writing them off at all but im just not sure they will be able to cover the loss of Blakey and a few of these others.

You blokes might have to get mumpy wallis back with his tweakers !!

Please Stick lets get serious here.......actually yeah you're right he's about due for his 47th comeback!!

Pre season for cricket is a bit of a joke to most cricketers. You will get between 10 - 20 blokes a session and most of these play in the lower grades. Pre season benefits those who bat well on carpet. Once the season goes to turf then a lot of guys who have done a preseason struggle to make a run. You see it every year. A young kid makes runs in the first two rounds and gets ahead of himself and the gets on turf and struggles. It also works the other way good bats on turf struggle on carpet. Preseason should start two weeks before the season. Get three good nets under your belt and you should be right if your any good.

Pre season for cricket is a bit of a joke to most cricketers. You will get between 10 - 20 blokes a session and most of these play in the lower grades. Pre season benefits those who bat well on carpet. Once the season goes to turf then a lot of guys who have done a preseason struggle to make a run. You see it every year. A young kid makes runs in the first two rounds and gets ahead of himself and the gets on turf and struggles. It also works the other way good bats on turf struggle on carpet. Preseason should start two weeks before the season. Get three good nets under your belt and you should be right if your any good.

Long Time Reader;233034 said:

Hmmm.....i dont reckon your a bowler then !!

Hmmm.....i dont reckon your a bowler then !!

STICK;233016 said:
Geez if he is still possibly not right that would be a big loss for them as he was pretty reliable in the home and away season. Im not writing them off at all but im just not sure they will be able to cover the loss of Blakey and a few of these others.

Definitely a long road back to getting a healthy calf and achilles back guys. Certainly something that I've known about for a long time thru my work, but it's another story when it's your own leg. The typical time for return to sport is around 9 months, which is mid-october for me. So certainly will take some time to get back to the carpet legs of old!

Disappointed that you could still see a limp Waka. Been desperately trying to smooth that out, but maybe the adrenaline pump of being on the G affected the concentration - what a rippa of an experience that was.

Lot of work for the Mounties to do to remain at the top of the tree. Lost some quality, but gives opportunities to some quality young guys and a couple of blokes returning. Then there's the development of the 'middle tier' guys who can take on more responsibility - ie. George, Nicholson, Goonen and McVitty (when he returns).

STICK;233016 said:

Definitely a long road back to getting a healthy calf and achilles back guys. Certainly something that I've known about for a long time thru my work, but it's another story when it's your own leg. The typical time for return to sport is around 9 months, which is mid-october for me. So certainly will take some time to get back to the carpet legs of old!

Disappointed that you could still see a limp Waka. Been desperately trying to smooth that out, but maybe the adrenaline pump of being on the G affected the concentration - what a rippa of an experience that was.

Lot of work for the Mounties to do to remain at the top of the tree. Lost some quality, but gives opportunities to some quality young guys and a couple of blokes returning. Then there's the development of the 'middle tier' guys who can take on more responsibility - ie. George, Nicholson, Goonen and McVitty (when he returns).

Carpet Legs;233053 said:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to burst the bubble, I was very surprised to notice it actually. We'll blame it on the cold weather I reckon. I think we all hope to see you back, and not firing too well for our sake, ASAP.

Carpet Legs;233053 said:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to burst the bubble, I was very surprised to notice it actually. We'll blame it on the cold weather I reckon. I think we all hope to see you back, and not firing too well for our sake, ASAP.

Finally we have a winner.

Best & Most sensible post i've seen on this site.

Finally we have a winner.

Best & Most sensible post i've seen on this site.

Carpet Legs;233053 said:

Gay

Carpet Legs;233053 said:

Gay

STICK;233005 said:
Hows Carpet Legs leg injury coming on you Mountie lads. Not a bad player to count as a recruit given he was out of the G/Final team.

Talking up Clarkey there Sticker. You wouldn't be trying to get into his good books and be angling for a permanent position on 3BA radio previewing BCA games by chance would ya?

STICK;233005 said:
Hows Carpet Legs leg injury coming on you Mountie lads. Not a bad player to count as a recruit given he was out of the G/Final team.

Talking up Clarkey there Sticker. You wouldn't be trying to get into his good books and be angling for a permanent position on 3BA radio previewing BCA games by chance would ya?

big guy;233137 said:
look out here is another pidgeon.

good start to come on here and say something like that to one of the most respected blokes going around..
Nope.. Still gay.

Uses way too much oil.

big guy;233137 said:
look out here is another pidgeon.

good start to come on here and say something like that to one of the most respected blokes going around..
Nope.. Still gay.

Uses way too much oil.

Hmmm ... I have to disagree with almost everything there !

Our pre-season attendences are normally higher grade cricketers, with the odd lower grader thrown in.

Pre-season to me is all about gaining and maintaining touch, discipline, timing, confidence, and consistency, such that come round 1, most decisions with either bat or ball are automatic.

Far too often people treat rounds 1-4 as their pre-season and wonder why they can't buy a run or wickets before christmas.

Also good bats on turf have an absolute field day on matting. The consistent bounce and minimal movement means almost every ball is party time !

It's the "eye" players who can thrash about on matting for the exact reasons above who then struggle big-time when playing on a jagging, inconsistent turf wicket.

Hmmm ... I have to disagree with almost everything there !

Our pre-season attendences are normally higher grade cricketers, with the odd lower grader thrown in.

Pre-season to me is all about gaining and maintaining touch, discipline, timing, confidence, and consistency, such that come round 1, most decisions with either bat or ball are automatic.

Far too often people treat rounds 1-4 as their pre-season and wonder why they can't buy a run or wickets before christmas.

Also good bats on turf have an absolute field day on matting. The consistent bounce and minimal movement means almost every ball is party time !

It's the "eye" players who can thrash about on matting for the exact reasons above who then struggle big-time when playing on a jagging, inconsistent turf wicket.

Fence Sitter;233172 said:
Nope.. Still gay.

Uses way too much oil.

Thanks for that bud. Quality!!
Look forward to you popping out from behind the alias and chatting further about your fantastic thoughts on training techniques and physio management.
No further comment needed....too busy for non cricket topics

Fence Sitter;233172 said:
Nope.. Still gay.

Uses way too much oil.

Thanks for that bud. Quality!!
Look forward to you popping out from behind the alias and chatting further about your fantastic thoughts on training techniques and physio management.
No further comment needed....too busy for non cricket topics

hi there people. just a quick one. how r clubs goin for round 1 on turf. naps in my oppinion should get a track up no footy on that ground. down at the lions we should be ready as usual. hows city oval looking. lakers should have a crack and get one up. i think that A grade should not play on hard wickets. seems funny that we do. the Vtca never plays on hard wicket. all of there grounds have footy on them it's not as if it's been a wet winter. I say no hard wicket cricket fo A grade. Go Lions

hi there people. just a quick one. how r clubs goin for round 1 on turf. naps in my oppinion should get a track up no footy on that ground. down at the lions we should be ready as usual. hows city oval looking. lakers should have a crack and get one up. i think that A grade should not play on hard wickets. seems funny that we do. the Vtca never plays on hard wicket. all of there grounds have footy on them it's not as if it's been a wet winter. I say no hard wicket cricket fo A grade. Go Lions

cobber14;233380 said:
so whats the pete moore status? refused at appeal yes, but has he agreed to play at point this season?

Heard he was going to play in the Bacchus Marsh league. Dont need a clearance for there. Dont think that will help though. Still wont be cleared the year after i dont think. Needs to PLAY three years at Point. Not be listed. Could be wrong though.

cobber14;233380 said:
so whats the pete moore status? refused at appeal yes, but has he agreed to play at point this season?

Heard he was going to play in the Bacchus Marsh league. Dont need a clearance for there. Dont think that will help though. Still wont be cleared the year after i dont think. Needs to PLAY three years at Point. Not be listed. Could be wrong though.

who is the captain of naps this year ? they should be the new powerhouse
of the competition anyone agree? hearing things are not good at darley !any word to confirm

of the competition anyone agree? hearing things are not good at darley !any word to confirm

The whole situation is horseshit.

I can understand Point wanting to "protect their investment" as it were, and not wanting to open the door for people to leave willy-nilly, but if someone has moved house and employment, particularly to Darley which is the furtherest road trip, why be a stick in the mud ? Isn't the primary objective to keep involved in the game and to enjoy it ? I don't believe that everyone should get cleared, but clearly there are some extenuating circumstances here.

The whole situation is horseshit.

I can understand Point wanting to "protect their investment" as it were, and not wanting to open the door for people to leave willy-nilly, but if someone has moved house and employment, particularly to Darley which is the furtherest road trip, why be a stick in the mud ? Isn't the primary objective to keep involved in the game and to enjoy it ? I don't believe that everyone should get cleared, but clearly there are some extenuating circumstances here.

eleven 11;233411 said:

me, why?

eleven 11;233411 said:

me, why?

i heard u had retired: but i suppose u have unfinnised business u r the ones to beat i reckon all the best v good team: wendouree your threat dasher collins will make a big difference there : point will have to pick up some bowlers or they will struggle: i here redan have started footy training : any news on north or brown hill : must be some news out there people ?

i heard u had retired: but i suppose u have unfinnised business u r the ones to beat i reckon all the best v good team: wendouree your threat dasher collins will make a big difference there : point will have to pick up some bowlers or they will struggle: i here redan have started footy training : any news on north or brown hill : must be some news out there people ?

eleven 11;233532 said:

we arent the team to beat. mt clear are the premiers, they are the ones everyone is trying to beat.

eleven 11;233532 said:

we arent the team to beat. mt clear are the premiers, they are the ones everyone is trying to beat.

leechy is it a bit cold out there in front of the pack > new territory > mounties have lost to much to replace allthough sidebottom will add but he isnt kentish blake and joffa allthough u can never right that club off >

no naps will have to lead from the front leechy : u getting a bit old now will the body stand up to it ?

hearing darley losing 4 or 5 players dewar blake pommy opener Lh parker any truth out there ?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back