Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

Mountie;113310 said:
East Ballarat? Will the take the flag again?

They don't seem to be the same well oiled machine that they were over the past couple of seasons. Perhaps the custard heads have got complacent and are happy with the 2 flags after years of non-performance in the BCA?

Can anyone tell me what the BCA were thinking in suspending Mt.Clear player Dale Sidebottom for dissent, surely has been made a scapegoat? The BCA have a lot to answer for, in the way they are handing out fines and suspensions for trivial acts. Lot of clubs unhappy with this anarchy approach!!

Colonel;117899 said:
They don't seem to be the same well oiled machine that they were over the past couple of seasons. Perhaps the custard heads have got complacent and are happy with the 2 flags after years of non-performance in the BCA?

Can anyone tell me what the BCA were thinking in suspending Mt.Clear player Dale Sidebottom for dissent, surely has been made a scapegoat? The BCA have a lot to answer for, in the way they are handing out fines and suspensions for trivial acts. Lot of clubs unhappy with this anarchy approach!!

yeah i think the 'fabricated' nature of the current east team is really showing through. But i guess when they slapped that team together if someone told them it would get them back to back flags you would take it. still its not doing the longevity of the club any favours.

As for the BCA dont get me started! there are certain people in certain roles that are just destroying this association. Sidebottom was an example plain and simple. if the next bloke to show descent doesnt get 4 weeks ill be more than sh*tty!

Would be interestd to hear who people thought were the best players in the comp......blokes who could win you a game. I will start by naming Hopkinson from North, Bambury from Ball-Redan...........

Colonel;120384 said:
Would be interestd to hear who people thought were the best players in the comp......blokes who could win you a game. I will start by naming Hopkinson from North, Bambury from Ball-Redan...........

I have been disappointed with Cape this year. Really thought he would carry Darley to the next level, but from what I have seen he throws his wicket almost as if he feels he is too good for this competition. Nothing against him, hes a good bloke, just thought we would see more maturity and club focus from him this year.

Colonel;120384 said:
Pyke is the most dangerous batter in the comp - he is the key to the target heads.

straight bat;120427 said:
Pyke is the most dangerous batter in the comp - he is the key to the target heads.

yeah but pyke has red hair. no further comment required.

Don Jaccobson has no common sense. He has cautioned players every round and made Sidebottom a scape goat. Don was never out when he played and used to carry on alot worse.

Colonel;120384 said:

Have been impressed with Jeffrey this year. Still showing he can cut it. thought he was turning into a bambury last year, batting for himself a bit, but have been impressed with the knocks he has put together this year.

I agree with Mounties comments regarding Cape also, would like to see him lift darley a bit more, he shouldnt have to, but like in any team if your champions take charge the rest will follow.

straight bat;120431 said:
Don Jaccobson has no common sense. He has cautioned players every round and made Sidebottom a scape goat. Don was never out when he played and used to carry on alot worse.

yeah agreed, i would love to have seen the shoe on the other foot when Don was playing. He just constantly contradicts himself. there have been a number of instances this year that really expose him, he says one thing then does something to completely contradict it, it ruins his credability as an umpire and an official.

Bouncer;120436 said:
Have been impressed with Jeffrey this year. Still showing he can cut it. thought he was turning into a bambury last year, batting for himself a bit, but have been impressed with the knocks he has put together this year.

I agree with Mounties comments regarding Cape also, would like to see him lift darley a bit more, he shouldnt have to, but like in any team if your champions take charge the rest will follow.

i think Jeffreyis the most team commited person i know. so much that every one that doesn't play for mountie hates him for his arrogance. he loves his "core" a bit too much though.

Bouncer;120438 said:
yeah agreed, i would love to have seen the shoe on the other foot when Don was playing. He just constantly contradicts himself. there have been a number of instances this year that really expose him, he says one thing then does something to completely contradict it, it ruins his credability as an umpire and an official.

How annoying is that stupid nod he gives when giving someone out. I guess he is trying to pretend to everyone like he knows what he is doing. what a tosser!!! As for sidebottom, a reprimand would of sent just as gooda message.

Mountie;120443 said:
So who is the team to beat right now? any thoughts on a standout unit?

Wendouree still the team to beat, very organised unit and well balanced. Golden Point have the batting to win it with Kelton, but bowling is pretty thin still relying on the medium pies of Glenn King.
Naps are not the real deal, plenty of talented young blokes but if they think stacking the twos to win a couple of flags transfers to the A-grade then they are mistaken.

straight bat;120431 said:

Excuse me but I know Don Jacobbson and he is a very good umpire. He knows his stuff. Sidebottom was probably a little undiscipline to do what he did.... It just proves that you don't know the rules all that well. Cricket umpires take things a little more seriously than what footy umpires do.

Colonel;121057 said:
Wendouree still the team to beat, very organised unit and well balanced. Golden Point have the batting to win it with Kelton, but bowling is pretty thin still relying on the medium pies of Glenn King.
Naps are not the real deal, plenty of talented young blokes but if they think stacking the twos to win a couple of flags transfers to the A-grade then they are mistaken.

Who do you play for in the Ballarat comp mate?

pidgeon fan;121063 said:
Who do you play for in the Ballarat comp mate?

Nah not a player mate just have an interest and keep an eye on things from a far.

And yes Pidgeon is a champion, expect a big test match from him in Perth to respond to the critics!

Colonel;121066 said:
Nah not a player mate just have an interest and keep an eye on things from a far.

And yes Pidgeon is a champion, expect a big test match from him in Perth to respond to the critics!

rumour is that the colonel is an ex bca player but now is living in the west to work on his tan.
can you confirm this????

pidgeon fan;121061 said:
Excuse me but I know Don Jacobbson and he is a very good umpire. He knows his stuff. Sidebottom was probably a little undiscipline to do what he did.... It just proves that you don't know the rules all that well. Cricket umpires take things a little more seriously than what footy umpires do.

What about you? Whats your involvement? If you haven"t had Don umpire you than you shouldnt comment. To know him is one thing but to have him as an umpire is a completely different thing.
I know him. Very well. He used to co coach me when i was a junior at football and he is a good bloke. But there is one thing you want from all umpires and thats consistency. Wouldnt you agree???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back