Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

big guy;206502 said:
so you used to play against steve in your/his younger days, spoke to nijam at under 21's training, and think branchy stuffs around to much at naps.........interesting

yes, you've got me. I'm a gutless wimp and I was at under 21s training and used to play against SteveO. spot on. confused? So who am i?

ha ha.

big guy;206502 said:
so you used to play against steve in your/his younger days, spoke to nijam at under 21's training, and think branchy stuffs around to much at naps.........interesting

yes, you've got me. I'm a gutless wimp and I was at under 21s training and used to play against SteveO. spot on. confused? So who am i?

ha ha.

Administrator;206503 said:

ha ha.

An old has been who likes to hang around at u/21's training hoping to catch even the slightest glimpse of a younger mans ass?????

Administrator;206503 said:

ha ha.

An old has been who likes to hang around at u/21's training hoping to catch even the slightest glimpse of a younger mans ass?????

Speedster;206447 said:
The spinners at Country Week are Parker, Nicholson and Fletcher.

In all seriousness do you think any of these are better than Branch???

Parker - bowls trash, nothing further. good bloke tho.
Nicolson - left arm trash, half trackers and general poo a specialty.
Fletcher - Accurate darts, good bat. brings experience.

Branch - Pain in the ar** and a face you just want to smear sh** on. Who cares what he bowls hes a c***. You'd take parker, the worst of the three spinners before kevin federline purely on the fact that he's a better guy to have in a team environment.

I honestly think discussion on this should cease as i only intended to mention this 'oversight' in an attempt to highlight the fact that one j.branch is a tw**.

Speedster;206447 said:
The spinners at Country Week are Parker, Nicholson and Fletcher.

In all seriousness do you think any of these are better than Branch???

Parker - bowls trash, nothing further. good bloke tho.
Nicolson - left arm trash, half trackers and general poo a specialty.
Fletcher - Accurate darts, good bat. brings experience.

Branch - Pain in the ar** and a face you just want to smear sh** on. Who cares what he bowls hes a c***. You'd take parker, the worst of the three spinners before kevin federline purely on the fact that he's a better guy to have in a team environment.

I honestly think discussion on this should cease as i only intended to mention this 'oversight' in an attempt to highlight the fact that one j.branch is a tw**.

Quickton;206504 said:

Couldn't be a player as an under 21 would have played firsts for the last 4 years maximum and I would have been 29-30. Hardly my "younger days".

Maybe a coach. Who coached the 21s last year? Not Hammer or Dash as they wouldn't lower themselves and I've never played against them in ones or twos.

Otherwise, I agree with Quickton. We may have a Rock Spider on our hands.

Quickton;206504 said:

Couldn't be a player as an under 21 would have played firsts for the last 4 years maximum and I would have been 29-30. Hardly my "younger days".

Maybe a coach. Who coached the 21s last year? Not Hammer or Dash as they wouldn't lower themselves and I've never played against them in ones or twos.

Otherwise, I agree with Quickton. We may have a Rock Spider on our hands.

Played a bit of cricket with the likes of Les, Banners and Branchy and must admit there's been times when I've scratched my head at some of their "chirping" but still think they wouldn't even be close to being admitted to the East school of sledging. Now last season I played the entire season in the 3rds and the only team you could be guaranteed to cop sledging from was East. Gotta love those quality sledges too where you get reminded by 3 or 4 blokes after playing and missing that you are crap and have no idea!!!! Well of course thats the case otherwise why would I be playing 3rds????? Didn't realise that East had so many players at 3rds level that weren't crap and had every idea. But the icing on the cake was going out to open the batting in the GF needing 20 to win inside 2 days and some of the East boys were still full of advice. and not just from the blokes on the field but from some of the east supporters from the boundary as well. Quality stuff!! Gotta admire their commitment to the sledging cause. I'm only new on this forum so I don't know a lot of the psuedonyms but I would hope it isn't to many East boys getting precious about the young Nappers "chirpers".

Played a bit of cricket with the likes of Les, Banners and Branchy and must admit there's been times when I've scratched my head at some of their "chirping" but still think they wouldn't even be close to being admitted to the East school of sledging. Now last season I played the entire season in the 3rds and the only team you could be guaranteed to cop sledging from was East. Gotta love those quality sledges too where you get reminded by 3 or 4 blokes after playing and missing that you are crap and have no idea!!!! Well of course thats the case otherwise why would I be playing 3rds????? Didn't realise that East had so many players at 3rds level that weren't crap and had every idea. But the icing on the cake was going out to open the batting in the GF needing 20 to win inside 2 days and some of the East boys were still full of advice. and not just from the blokes on the field but from some of the east supporters from the boundary as well. Quality stuff!! Gotta admire their commitment to the sledging cause. I'm only new on this forum so I don't know a lot of the psuedonyms but I would hope it isn't to many East boys getting precious about the young Nappers "chirpers".

Rider;206511 said:

Both Naps and East sledge as does almost every other side to a certain degree. Again its the mentality of those sledging and as you point out if they are sledging when you are on the verge of a huge grand final win, maybe they should pull their heads in. But having played against all the teams and certain individuals posted as "sledges" in the comp who realy cares what and when they say it. Get the job done on the field. If their gunna still give sprays when they are about to get flogged in a grand final, i say good on 'em. Says a bit about their mental toughness and also common sense

Just out of interest which teams/clubs don't sledge at all?

Rider;206511 said:

Both Naps and East sledge as does almost every other side to a certain degree. Again its the mentality of those sledging and as you point out if they are sledging when you are on the verge of a huge grand final win, maybe they should pull their heads in. But having played against all the teams and certain individuals posted as "sledges" in the comp who realy cares what and when they say it. Get the job done on the field. If their gunna still give sprays when they are about to get flogged in a grand final, i say good on 'em. Says a bit about their mental toughness and also common sense

Stix;206519 said:

found east by far the worst in the comp, but surprisingly, coronet arent far behind them. when you consider how many games they have won over the past 5 years, its a wonder they can talk at all.

as for the sides that hardly sledge at all, if you take bambury out, i have hardly heard a word from any of the redan lads over the past few seasons. dont know if thats a club directive or just the people there arent sledgers?

Stix;206519 said:

found east by far the worst in the comp, but surprisingly, coronet arent far behind them. when you consider how many games they have won over the past 5 years, its a wonder they can talk at all.

as for the sides that hardly sledge at all, if you take bambury out, i have hardly heard a word from any of the redan lads over the past few seasons. dont know if thats a club directive or just the people there arent sledgers?

cobber14;206520 said:

You gotta have the mindset and attitude for it and don't think Redan really got it.
I agree bout the coronet and their sledging. Prorbably even more embarrising about them sledging is it is blokes who make stuff all runs batting at 9,10,11 and don't bowl who have the most to say. East love it don't they...

cobber14;206520 said:

You gotta have the mindset and attitude for it and don't think Redan really got it.
I agree bout the coronet and their sledging. Prorbably even more embarrising about them sledging is it is blokes who make stuff all runs batting at 9,10,11 and don't bowl who have the most to say. East love it don't they...

Stix;206519 said:

I don't think we get into too much sledging, even when the great........... was playing you would only hear from him and not many others. Don't get me wrong a few words get spoken on occasion and I'm not impartial to a quiet word here and there but I'll at least wait until I've done something in the game to pipe up, unlike a few others previously mentioned.
(I think the Rider may have a differing opinion on that last comment if he is who I think he is though. That was a one off)

Stix;206519 said:

I don't think we get into too much sledging, even when the great........... was playing you would only hear from him and not many others. Don't get me wrong a few words get spoken on occasion and I'm not impartial to a quiet word here and there but I'll at least wait until I've done something in the game to pipe up, unlike a few others previously mentioned.
(I think the Rider may have a differing opinion on that last comment if he is who I think he is though. That was a one off)

Polecat stroker 4;206370 said:
Quite simple i believe here... Pack mentality. Take Naps as the perfect example. As a side they are a relatively young grounp, branch, sandwith and banwell are the three 'chatters' that instantly spring to mind. They simply feed off each other. If one yaps, they all yap and so it sets the tone for the rest of the game. All sides seem to have a mix of 3-4 guys in late teens early 20's who like a yap, its the way society has come. It is also alot easier in a game of cricket to have a good dig at someone without fear of physical retribution as in football....

What qualification gives you the licence to go ahead and have a few words? Obviously guys in their 30's like yourself, irv and a few others who have proven themselves over the years and put the hard yards in should be treated with some sort of respect when they take the field and in turn should, when the time calls for it, have a little word in a batsmans ear if things arent looking too bright for him. As for the 20 somethings, does qualification include league representitive sides? Regional rep sides (central highlands)? or is it simply a matter of making a ton or taking a few wickets and then going for broke? Is it playing in the district comp, regardless of what grade of cricket?

I have an opinion on this but will wait until a few more have their say....

Finally though, talking sh** for the sake of talking sh** is crap, grow up and and get creative, if your going to have something to say make it insightful and at the very least humourous. We could all do with a laugh out there regardless of whos expense it is at.....

- Should i sign this off as 'Carrie Bradshaw'???

Branch, Banwell and Sandwith have all played Country Week champ and Banwell has played district one's so I think they've earnt the right to give a bit of lip...

Polecat stroker 4;206370 said:
Quite simple i believe here... Pack mentality. Take Naps as the perfect example. As a side they are a relatively young grounp, branch, sandwith and banwell are the three 'chatters' that instantly spring to mind. They simply feed off each other. If one yaps, they all yap and so it sets the tone for the rest of the game. All sides seem to have a mix of 3-4 guys in late teens early 20's who like a yap, its the way society has come. It is also alot easier in a game of cricket to have a good dig at someone without fear of physical retribution as in football....

What qualification gives you the licence to go ahead and have a few words? Obviously guys in their 30's like yourself, irv and a few others who have proven themselves over the years and put the hard yards in should be treated with some sort of respect when they take the field and in turn should, when the time calls for it, have a little word in a batsmans ear if things arent looking too bright for him. As for the 20 somethings, does qualification include league representitive sides? Regional rep sides (central highlands)? or is it simply a matter of making a ton or taking a few wickets and then going for broke? Is it playing in the district comp, regardless of what grade of cricket?

I have an opinion on this but will wait until a few more have their say....

Finally though, talking sh** for the sake of talking sh** is crap, grow up and and get creative, if your going to have something to say make it insightful and at the very least humourous. We could all do with a laugh out there regardless of whos expense it is at.....

- Should i sign this off as 'Carrie Bradshaw'???

Branch, Banwell and Sandwith have all played Country Week champ and Banwell has played district one's so I think they've earnt the right to give a bit of lip...

Stix;206486 said:
Yea I know an oversight on my behalf as i didn't realise they play Darley and Darley have been struggling so probably about time they pull a win out of their a*** against a top side. Either Pointies this week or Wendouree in Round 12.

Sorry for the oversight.>> Cobber14

I dont think they will recover from the smashing they copped last round...

Stix;206486 said:
Yea I know an oversight on my behalf as i didn't realise they play Darley and Darley have been struggling so probably about time they pull a win out of their a*** against a top side. Either Pointies this week or Wendouree in Round 12.

Sorry for the oversight.>> Cobber14

I dont think they will recover from the smashing they copped last round...

Yeah mate was a bit surprised to here you having a crack at a bloke for playing across the line and missing........ would be a bit like me criticising a bloke for being too slow...........

although I thought a few of the Nappers blokes dubbing me Rahul Riding after Dravid's Melb test innings was a bit harsh.........

Yeah mate was a bit surprised to here you having a crack at a bloke for playing across the line and missing........ would be a bit like me criticising a bloke for being too slow...........

although I thought a few of the Nappers blokes dubbing me Rahul Riding after Dravid's Melb test innings was a bit harsh.........

Rider;206533 said:

Shot myself in the foot on that one didn't I? In fairness I did agree with your retaliation comments. I can have words to blokes playing "hack" shots coz I am one! Takes one to know one as they say. :)

Rider;206533 said:

Shot myself in the foot on that one didn't I? In fairness I did agree with your retaliation comments. I can have words to blokes playing "hack" shots coz I am one! Takes one to know one as they say. :)

Yeah can't say I've ever heard much from the Redan boys. But given they wear green caps you'd expect they'd be good blokes.......

Yeah can't say I've ever heard much from the Redan boys. But given they wear green caps you'd expect they'd be good blokes.......

Rider;206533 said:

There must be dozens of Rahul's popping up around clubs. We've got Matt "Rahul" McKenzie. Any more Rahul's?

Rider;206533 said:

There must be dozens of Rahul's popping up around clubs. We've got Matt "Rahul" McKenzie. Any more Rahul's?

Speedster;206523 said:

So all of a sudden if you have played country week you earn the right to give some lip these days....gee whiz. Banwell has played district ones and that gives him the right as well does it. How many games in the one's did he play champ???? I think there is room for sledging in the game don't get me wrong but there is a time and a place. These lads named haven't really set the world on fire consistantly in the BCA to be giving to much lip I don't think.

Speedster;206523 said:

So all of a sudden if you have played country week you earn the right to give some lip these days....gee whiz. Banwell has played district ones and that gives him the right as well does it. How many games in the one's did he play champ???? I think there is room for sledging in the game don't get me wrong but there is a time and a place. These lads named haven't really set the world on fire consistantly in the BCA to be giving to much lip I don't think.

thickedge;206547 said:

ok lets get over this sledging talk. its a never ending discussion. As long as there is cricket there will be sledging it not going to stop. Does anyone really care what people say to you on the field? If so you shouldn't be playing.

Here's a new topic. Does anyone reckon there are any suspect actions in any of the bowlers going around in Ballarat cricket?

thickedge;206547 said:

ok lets get over this sledging talk. its a never ending discussion. As long as there is cricket there will be sledging it not going to stop. Does anyone really care what people say to you on the field? If so you shouldn't be playing.

Here's a new topic. Does anyone reckon there are any suspect actions in any of the bowlers going around in Ballarat cricket?

napisan;206549 said:

We have an Indian bloke playing 3rds for us named Dinesh who bowls nothing but Doosras and chucks. We've tried to copy him but it's hard to do.

napisan;206549 said:

We have an Indian bloke playing 3rds for us named Dinesh who bowls nothing but Doosras and chucks. We've tried to copy him but it's hard to do.

Old Stephen "Seagull" Seagrave had a very supsect action on his 140+ bouncer her bowled. I suspect and i feel Daryl Hair would agree his arms extended more than the 15 degrees allowable.

Old Stephen "Seagull" Seagrave had a very supsect action on his 140+ bouncer her bowled. I suspect and i feel Daryl Hair would agree his arms extended more than the 15 degrees allowable.

thickedge;206547 said:

Just because you have played Country Week doesn't give you an automatic right to give some lip but it does show that you are one of the better players in the comp so I would've thought you could sledge then.

Banwell played a couple of games in the one's and he is one of only a handful of players in the comp to have played district one's so I think he is justified in having a sledge.

thickedge;206547 said:

Just because you have played Country Week doesn't give you an automatic right to give some lip but it does show that you are one of the better players in the comp so I would've thought you could sledge then.

Banwell played a couple of games in the one's and he is one of only a handful of players in the comp to have played district one's so I think he is justified in having a sledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back