Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

shakes_7;214920 said:
i also agree with carpet legs, i had to leave because i was hungry and with food vans that wouldn't happen.

Congratulations to Mt Clear, they are good blokes. Leith Pelissier is one of the best blokes you will meet and it was good to see that he came through with a match winning performance (along with Nicho).

I feel bad for Clarkey because he deserves all good things to come to him and it was a shame that he was injured because he has been so good for them over many years and deserved to be out there, but knowing him he will just be happy for those who were on the field.

Yeah full credit to players from both sides for what sounds like must be an absolute epic of a match. So many twists and turns with both teams looking well and truly gone at different stages only to then fight right back. Sounds like cricket was the winner there........

Played in a pretty high quality 3rds GF. Wendouree really took the advantage by rolling us for 275 on day 1 after we were 4/230 which always left us a little light on at small and fast progress park. We had a rough chance when we had them 7/260 in reply but they were good enough to get a 1st innings lead and from there played sensibly to secure the win. Great to see young kids perform in big matches. Matt Begbie an excellent mature knock in the 2nds innings for the target heads. Anthony Taylor still another year in under 16's top scored for us in the 1st dig with 60 odd and Kyle Eyres only 15 was arguably man of the match. Runs in both innings and bowled beautifuly without luck constantly troubling all batsmen.

Didn't produce a nail biting finish like the A graders but again a pretty high quality game

napisan;214858 said:
What have I got to say pidegeon? I say you are probably a Mount Clear Stalker. Atleast guys like scud don't hide in the bushes outside the club rooms waiting for a glimpse of the boys.

I don't support Naps or Mount clear so get your facts straight.

Was a great game though. Thought naps were gone but fought back well. Lincoln Blakes maiden and general tight bowling towards the end probably got the mounties over the line.

Agree with carpet legs that more needs to be done to promote the grand final such as food and drink vans etc.
With a username of napisan, I would have thought that you were a naps supporter. Sorry mate.

I don't go hiding behind bushes either mate.

napisan;214858 said:
What have I got to say pidegeon? I say you are probably a Mount Clear Stalker. Atleast guys like scud don't hide in the bushes outside the club rooms waiting for a glimpse of the boys.

I don't support Naps or Mount clear so get your facts straight.

Was a great game though. Thought naps were gone but fought back well. Lincoln Blakes maiden and general tight bowling towards the end probably got the mounties over the line.

Agree with carpet legs that more needs to be done to promote the grand final such as food and drink vans etc.
With a username of napisan, I would have thought that you were a naps supporter. Sorry mate.

I don't go hiding behind bushes either mate.

Sleeper;214849 said:
didnt watch matey, was a part of it. so disappointing but thats cricket for ya! hell of a game..
Sounds like you had fun, no matter what. Disappointing for you guys though. As i said stick to your team as they need people like you. @|

Sleeper;214849 said:
didnt watch matey, was a part of it. so disappointing but thats cricket for ya! hell of a game..
Sounds like you had fun, no matter what. Disappointing for you guys though. As i said stick to your team as they need people like you. @|

Well its been a pretty big couple of big days. All you Mountie supporters party at Spongs tonight at 123 ******** st. Just dont tell him.
Now to look at next year. Hot scoop....... There will be a new team captain of mountie next year due to D. Fletchers marriage, travel and baby commitments. I will give you guys a hint, Its down to two!!!!

Well its been a pretty big couple of big days. All you Mountie supporters party at Spongs tonight at 123 ******** st. Just dont tell him.
Now to look at next year. Hot scoop....... There will be a new team captain of mountie next year due to D. Fletchers marriage, travel and baby commitments. I will give you guys a hint, Its down to two!!!!

Sleeper;214841 said:
Noone can say anything bad about that game. There was not one person out there who didnt bust their guts.

1st Innings
Goonan and Kentish with the bat did really well
Thommo and Ash excellent with the ball

Naps from 5/45 to make 216 was great effort

2nd Innings
Mt Clear to recover from 6/50 thanks to a solid knock from Don 84 not out
Thommo exceptional with the ball finishin with 9 wickets for the match

Naps anchored by a great knock from Cordo 82 got oh so tantalising close.
If you weren't there to watch it then shame on you. Was one of the best contests I have every seen or being a part of. Anyone who was there would agree.

Carn Naps '09

Gee Luke you dont rate your self very much do ya!!!!!!

Sleeper;214841 said:
Noone can say anything bad about that game. There was not one person out there who didnt bust their guts.

1st Innings
Goonan and Kentish with the bat did really well
Thommo and Ash excellent with the ball

Naps from 5/45 to make 216 was great effort

2nd Innings
Mt Clear to recover from 6/50 thanks to a solid knock from Don 84 not out
Thommo exceptional with the ball finishin with 9 wickets for the match

Naps anchored by a great knock from Cordo 82 got oh so tantalising close.
If you weren't there to watch it then shame on you. Was one of the best contests I have every seen or being a part of. Anyone who was there would agree.

Carn Naps '09

Gee Luke you dont rate your self very much do ya!!!!!!

the_don88;214951 said:

hmm I reckon they would be looking towards somebody young. Not sure what Blake and kentish's plans are so I reckon you would have to be a chance Don.

the_don88;214951 said:

hmm I reckon they would be looking towards somebody young. Not sure what Blake and kentish's plans are so I reckon you would have to be a chance Don.

Could be interesting off season for who is at the helm at their respective clubs after that news about Fletcher. Heard S Lynch is is standing down due to work commitments next year. Also the other whisper i have is there is a bit of uncertainty if the Cations led North Ballarat will continue his role with a bit of unrest in the camp. Could be just rumours. I would think if D Fletcher is gone you would think that Jeffrey would take over the reigns again.
Not sure about the other clubs. B Redan might have a few candidates but i think North Ballarat would be scraping the barrel a bit due to the lack of experience in the team.
Has there been any other changes at other clubs that anyone has heard of?? And who would be the leading candidates?

Could be interesting off season for who is at the helm at their respective clubs after that news about Fletcher. Heard S Lynch is is standing down due to work commitments next year. Also the other whisper i have is there is a bit of uncertainty if the Cations led North Ballarat will continue his role with a bit of unrest in the camp. Could be just rumours. I would think if D Fletcher is gone you would think that Jeffrey would take over the reigns again.
Not sure about the other clubs. B Redan might have a few candidates but i think North Ballarat would be scraping the barrel a bit due to the lack of experience in the team.
Has there been any other changes at other clubs that anyone has heard of?? And who would be the leading candidates?

the day steve nicho captains the mt.clear 1s will b a sad day for a once strong club and as an outsider would hopefully see many mt.clear players head to greener pastures around the BCA.....anyone care to comment?

the day steve nicho captains the mt.clear 1s will b a sad day for a once strong club and as an outsider would hopefully see many mt.clear players head to greener pastures around the BCA.....anyone care to comment?

Cleary Medalist Eamon Johnson likely to try his luck in the City next year at the Melbourne Cricket Club, Big loss if true for the Wendouree CC.
Also heard that Lynchy had stood down at the Combine, maybe creating room for a return from BAM BAM. I'm sure WAKA05 would welcome him with open arms. lol

Cleary Medalist Eamon Johnson likely to try his luck in the City next year at the Melbourne Cricket Club, Big loss if true for the Wendouree CC.
Also heard that Lynchy had stood down at the Combine, maybe creating room for a return from BAM BAM. I'm sure WAKA05 would welcome him with open arms. lol

The rumour mill is already flying with one being heard the other week that the great bam bam may be back in ballarat next year, but not at the combine, the rumour has him perching himself in at the roosters nest.....dissapointing for the target heads if johnson does go, leaves a big gap, also with the possibility of miller, dixon, mayne being capable to go down to the big smoke. D Knight being in his 40's. May be a changing of the guard at the target heads...????

The rumour mill is already flying with one being heard the other week that the great bam bam may be back in ballarat next year, but not at the combine, the rumour has him perching himself in at the roosters nest.....dissapointing for the target heads if johnson does go, leaves a big gap, also with the possibility of miller, dixon, mayne being capable to go down to the big smoke. D Knight being in his 40's. May be a changing of the guard at the target heads...????

thickedge;215072 said:

lock it in eddie, will happen. they have had a couple of chats, its as good as a done deal. spoke to miller monday, no chance of going to melb yet, will be staying here.

thickedge;215072 said:

lock it in eddie, will happen. they have had a couple of chats, its as good as a done deal. spoke to miller monday, no chance of going to melb yet, will be staying here.

cobber14;215074 said:

Heard a rumour D Hopkinson was back to take over at the roosters.

cobber14;215074 said:

Heard a rumour D Hopkinson was back to take over at the roosters.

other possible departures are some out at naps suggesting that leech is finished and that a.ringin may head downtown....???? anybody else heard any movements from the stations at this early time...??? obviously mt clear will be without kentish and blake next year...

other possible departures are some out at naps suggesting that leech is finished and that a.ringin may head downtown....???? anybody else heard any movements from the stations at this early time...??? obviously mt clear will be without kentish and blake next year...

cobber14;215074 said:

thoughts on this waka?

reckon he can ******** up another club?

cobber14;215074 said:

thoughts on this waka?

big guy;215107 said:
thoughts on this waka?

Mate I would love to have the opportunity to play against the great Bambino coz I reckon I could do some damage to his figures (I only say that because he refused to bowl to me at training as he chased more than he got thrown back).

However it would seem that I may not get that opportunity next year...........It's time to go.........Waka.

I'm stepping down from all duties at the Combine next season and most likely playing aswell. If I do play it will be in the magoos as training would be minimal, and desire would be even lower. I may change my mind closer to the season start but life changes, and so has my will...........

At the moment I couldn't care less if the Bambino goes to North, EJ Johnson goes to Melbourne, Lynchy goes to Slovenia or Nicho captains Mt. Clear.

Can anyone tell I'm over it?

big guy;215107 said:
thoughts on this waka?

Mate I would love to have the opportunity to play against the great Bambino coz I reckon I could do some damage to his figures (I only say that because he refused to bowl to me at training as he chased more than he got thrown back).

However it would seem that I may not get that opportunity next year...........It's time to go.........Waka.

I'm stepping down from all duties at the Combine next season and most likely playing aswell. If I do play it will be in the magoos as training would be minimal, and desire would be even lower. I may change my mind closer to the season start but life changes, and so has my will...........

At the moment I couldn't care less if the Bambino goes to North, EJ Johnson goes to Melbourne, Lynchy goes to Slovenia or Nicho captains Mt. Clear.

Waka05;215141 said:

Im the same at the end of the last few years but usually by the start of the season you are keen and ready to rumble. Give away the off field stuff and just play the game.

Waka05;215141 said:

Im the same at the end of the last few years but usually by the start of the season you are keen and ready to rumble. Give away the off field stuff and just play the game.

STICK;215205 said:

possibly maybe just off field stick, learn a few tunes?! just an idea...na was brilliant to listen to out there mate!! loved every "note"

STICK;215205 said:

possibly maybe just off field stick, learn a few tunes?! just an idea...na was brilliant to listen to out there mate!! loved every "note"

My 2 cents...

A Grade final, One of the better games of A grade cricket Ballarat would have seen. Took me back to the 2000/01 final between Mt Clear and Golden Point, which was an equally exciting match, for everyone who was there what a final day!. I thought the crowds were solid, people have mentioned they were poor, but realise this game went for 4 days midday to 5:30, I think the accumulative crowd over the 4 days would have been quite a good number.

Hats off to the Naps and Mt Clear boys, played in great spirit which unfortunately was over shadowed by some battlers in the crowd, We can all handle crowd abuse, the creative people often are quite funny sometimes. But some of the dribble that came from the Naps hill was sometimes really personal and just another reason why cricket in ballarat has had a poor image in recent times. Just on that it was only 2 or 3 blokes though. Dont want to cast a blanket over the club.

I took part in the game, and want to make it known that the relationship between the teams in my opinion was fantastic. of course there was a winner and a loser, but once the initial celebration was over I couldn't count the amount of beers, shots, lay backs, straight arms and god knows what else I had with the Naps boys, pretty much all day on Monday. They have really shown to be a great bunch of blokes and good luck to them next year.

There is no doubt Mt clear are in a good place for the future, such a tight group of blokes, will be broken a little next year, but I have never been part of a team with such a strong bond ever before, would go to any length for any bloke on that team... Even get a tattoo :) What an amazing thing to be apart of.

Lastly it also should be known that Ballarat cricket is on the up. I had messages from half a dozen rival players during the GF what fantastic blokes. You wouldnt read about that a couple of years ago, with the Country week success and the way players have really come together this year I can only see goodness in years to come. Im not saying its all a big happy family, you never want that, still needs to have competitiveness, but they way players have lightened up and kept things on the field this year in my opinion has been exactly what this town and cricket community has been calling out for.

From a bloke who wont be back for a while keep up the great work Boys.

My 2 cents...

A Grade final, One of the better games of A grade cricket Ballarat would have seen. Took me back to the 2000/01 final between Mt Clear and Golden Point, which was an equally exciting match, for everyone who was there what a final day!. I thought the crowds were solid, people have mentioned they were poor, but realise this game went for 4 days midday to 5:30, I think the accumulative crowd over the 4 days would have been quite a good number.

Hats off to the Naps and Mt Clear boys, played in great spirit which unfortunately was over shadowed by some battlers in the crowd, We can all handle crowd abuse, the creative people often are quite funny sometimes. But some of the dribble that came from the Naps hill was sometimes really personal and just another reason why cricket in ballarat has had a poor image in recent times. Just on that it was only 2 or 3 blokes though. Dont want to cast a blanket over the club.

I took part in the game, and want to make it known that the relationship between the teams in my opinion was fantastic. of course there was a winner and a loser, but once the initial celebration was over I couldn't count the amount of beers, shots, lay backs, straight arms and god knows what else I had with the Naps boys, pretty much all day on Monday. They have really shown to be a great bunch of blokes and good luck to them next year.

There is no doubt Mt clear are in a good place for the future, such a tight group of blokes, will be broken a little next year, but I have never been part of a team with such a strong bond ever before, would go to any length for any bloke on that team... Even get a tattoo :) What an amazing thing to be apart of.

Lastly it also should be known that Ballarat cricket is on the up. I had messages from half a dozen rival players during the GF what fantastic blokes. You wouldnt read about that a couple of years ago, with the Country week success and the way players have really come together this year I can only see goodness in years to come. Im not saying its all a big happy family, you never want that, still needs to have competitiveness, but they way players have lightened up and kept things on the field this year in my opinion has been exactly what this town and cricket community has been calling out for.

Dutchy Holland;214997 said:

Curious to see who you think these candidates are. i can only see one maybe two

Dutchy Holland;214997 said:

Curious to see who you think these candidates are. i can only see one maybe two

Mountie;215216 said:
My 2 cents...

fair call Blakey

Mountie;215216 said:
My 2 cents...

fair call Blakey

Mountie;215216 said:
My 2 cents...

Fair to say a couple of our lads where a bit exited at times and where appropriate were asked to tone it down but it is impossible to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back