Barclay Shield 2019/2020

AFL might go till December tho blackhawk

Would they continue that though even at club level? At this stage who knows though, with some luck we can get ontop of this quickly and get everything back to normal. I expect by the end of the week though to be pretty much locked in our houses!

I like how they're doing the voting for the comp medals, trying to keep everyone engaged obviously a tricky time who do we think will take it out ?
Our Christesen, Gleeson and Duckworth-Turner medal counts continue tonight.

After 6 rounds the leaders are as follows:

Ray Christesen Medal
=1. Gordon Zull Plenty Cricket Club 11 votes
=1. Daniel Gilbert Diamond Creek Cricket Club 11 votes
=3. Jack Ridewood Heidelberg Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Tharindu Muduyanselage North Eltham Wanderers Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Lachlan McLeod North Eltham Wanderers Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Sean Money Riverside Cricket Club 6 votes

I like how they're doing the voting for the comp medals, trying to keep everyone engaged obviously a tricky time who do we think will take it out ?
Our Christesen, Gleeson and Duckworth-Turner medal counts continue tonight.

After 6 rounds the leaders are as follows:

Ray Christesen Medal
=1. Gordon Zull Plenty Cricket Club 11 votes
=1. Daniel Gilbert Diamond Creek Cricket Club 11 votes
=3. Jack Ridewood Heidelberg Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Tharindu Muduyanselage North Eltham Wanderers Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Lachlan McLeod North Eltham Wanderers Cricket Club 6 votes
=3. Sean Money Riverside Cricket Club 6 votes
Agree, doing the best they can in a bad situation, like everyone I guess.
Gilbert for mine.

Still awaiting an offical announcement though for the premiers/joint premiers/promotion though?

Agree, massive year from the Heidelberg but embarrassing for the comp to have a joint Premiers. Creek should be sole premiers, surely the 11 games played must mean something....

It is what it is - an unfortunate & unprecedented time
Fair to say that there will always be an asterisk against the 2019/20 season for the top 3 grades - and people can 'spin it' however they wish
It's the inconsistency of different competitions with different finishing dates (and not just Cricket)
Thankfully the lower grades managed to complete games - bring everything forward a couple of weeks (or a month) and there might not have been any winners (relegation) acknowledged full stop

& we've still got a winter to get through

Macleod advertising for a new coach, so would mean T Wise stepping down. Not sure if he is continuing playing or not. That's all I know.
Wonder how clubs are going to go offering match payments for recruits, existing players/coaching wages this upcoming season. Going to be tough, dare say sponsors cash will dry up a fair bit. Probably a nice reset across the board for some clubs who pay big overs for players.

Suppose it's not a good time to be a mercenary however.

Wonder how clubs are going to go offering match payments for recruits, existing players/coaching wages this upcoming season. Going to be tough, dare say sponsors cash will dry up a fair bit. Probably a nice reset across the board for some clubs who pay big overs for players.

Suppose it's not a good time to be a mercenary however.
I would respecfully disagree. I think most clubs are fiscally responsible these days and most would have some cash reserves to get through these days. As far as imports go that may be very difficult this year as border closures to international travellers will still be closed at beginning of season. Guys like Sharman from Monty will struggle. Which is a shame as he is a good fella and ripper player. Don't know of too many mercenaries in DVCA... Fill the gaps if you want.

I would respecfully disagree. I think most clubs are fiscally responsible these days and most would have some cash reserves to get through these days. As far as imports go that may be very difficult this year as border closures to international travellers will still be closed at beginning of season. Guys like Sharman from Monty will struggle. Which is a shame as he is a good fella and ripper player. Don't know of too many mercenaries in DVCA... Fill the gaps if you want.
Mitch Macaulay, Nathan Gardiner

Really?? You would call either of these mercenaries? Macauley made 120 runs and took 10 wickets for the year and Gardiner made 220 runs. I dont think based on that there will be congo line of clubs lining up to sign them. And surley the renumeration would reflect those stats?
You would be assuming they are only paid incentives. I think you will find, most blokes who get paid, will get a base match fee or yearly fee PLUS incentives.

You would be assuming they are only paid incentives. I think you will find, most blokes who get paid, will get a base match fee or yearly fee PLUS incentives.
I couldn't care less if they get paid or not. Why would they be considered mercenaries or hired guns with records like that! Do clubs realise there is a resource called mycricket and you can check that shit!!

For the past couple of years I've been shocked hearing stories about how much clubs are paying some players/group of players. In saying that, if the club can afford it and it's not breaking the bank, then good luck to them. Only need to look at what has happened to Lower Plenty to see how bad it can get if it gets out of hand though. I won't name any names though but I have been told enough to back up my thinking that this virus will change the way clubs have to operate with payment of players.

Diamo won't have any issue finding a coach you'd think.

For the past couple of years I've been shocked hearing stories about how much clubs are paying some players/group of players. In saying that, if the club can afford it and it's not breaking the bank, then good luck to them. Only need to look at what has happened to Lower Plenty to see how bad it can get if it gets out of hand though. I won't name any names though but I have been told enough to back up my thinking that this virus will change the way clubs have to operate with payment of players.

Diamo won't have any issue finding a coach you'd think.
Diamond Creek - quality club, quality culture and quality players. Will be a good get for a new coach... or maybe promote from within?

Who would you hire from within cause you're obviously from creek willpuc
That is not correct. I actually admire many clubs in the comp and I believe most do a great job some just better than others. I think Banyule is the DVCA best performing club currently but there are many more. If Dan Gilbert was able to do the job I would think he would be a candidate.

That is not correct. I actually admire many clubs in the comp and I believe most do a great job some just better than others. I think Banyule is the DVCA best performing club currently but there are many more. If Dan Gilbert was able to do the job I would think he would be a candidate.
Not trying to start an argument, but what is the criteria you use for Banyule the best performing club?

Back