BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Has to be weeks, no questions asked
Going to be an awkward family dinner around the tribunal table
So, looking at that footage, surely Dan Gilbert has a case to answer as well. You can't get into the face of batsmen like that. I'd almost go further to say that Gilbert has a bigger case to answer

S shortnsharp your first comment was that it happens, we move on. Now all of a sudden Gilbert has a bigger case to answer than Tim?
I didn't see the footage until now. Not a good look for either player. To say Tim Wise should be reported and no mention of Gilbert is wrong. Call them both in , kiss and make up, and move on. There was no assault

I didn't see the footage until now. Not a good look for either player. To say Tim Wise should be reported and no mention of Gilbert is wrong. Call them both in , kiss and make up, and move on. There was no assault
To me it doesn’t look like the bowler has given a send off. People can get excited about taking a big wicket.
For me the batsman has used his bat towards opposition players which has sparked a retaliatory shove.
For me it is a strong warning for the bowler and 1 match for the batsman.
We don’t want this sort of thing happening in the competition.

Only assault at the moment is your assault on kissing Tims ass
Weeks for everyone, set an example or this will be the case everyone brings up when it happens again

To me it doesn’t look like the bowler has given a send off. People can get excited about taking a big wicket.
For me the batsman has used his bat towards opposition players which has sparked a retaliatory shove.
For me it is a strong warning for the bowler and 1 match for the batsman.
We don’t want this sort of thing happening in the competition.

He didn't use his bat in a threatening manner. Too many people in here thinking he used his bat as some kind of weapon ( which he didnt)

Dan has every right to celebrate that wicket like that! Nearly got there season back on track!

Tim Wise is well known for celebrating a big wicket over the top
Can give but can’t take it
Celebration is all good from me on this one, the reaction from Tim wasn’t just the celebration I’d say it was the emotion of going out and thought of losing

each to their own opinion of course but must get weeks, regardless who you are you cannot act like that

Is this the same Tim wise who was throwing rocks in the pitch in a grand final, surely he would have learned from the lengthy suspension he received after that incident. Oh wait that’s right, the DVCA didn’t see any reason to punish him for that.

Diamo has Research, NEW, Bundoora, Epping and Rosanna
Bundoora has Rosanna, Epping, Diamo, Rosebank and NEW

Hard to imagine a club like Creek getting relegated.

Last edited:
Was present at Diamo V Macleod. From what I saw there was an apology from Wise, don’t know what was said wasn’t in the rooms. Don’t know how it was received by Diamo. Not a good look though i think everyone can agree there.

Back