Barwon Under 21's

a for effort

Barwon Under 21's

Next Sunday (9th Nov) is the first round of the VCCL Under 21's knockout cup, with Barwon (GCA,BPCA and Colac) being scheduled to play against Central Highlands

SQUAD
Anthony Armisted (North Geelong)
Daniel Bolton (Modewarre)
Shaun Cambell (Teesdale)
Luke Consedine (Colac)
Levi Dare (Stoneyford)
Luke Davidson (Alexander Thomson)
Jaryd Debeer (St Peters)
Michael Fallon (Barwon Heads)
Sam Farnsworth (St Josephs)
James Fitzgerald (St Josephs)
Shannon Gove (Newtown)
Sam Green (East Belmont)
Jason Grozdanovski (Murgheboluc)
Mitchell Herbison (Barwon Heads)
Andrew Hodgson (St Josephs)
Tony Kilfoyle (Leopold)
Jacob McGuane (Alvie)
Patrick McMahon (St Albans)
Shane McNamara (Stoneyford)
Chris Moreland (Bell Post Hill)
Becker Nguyen (East Belmont)
Troy Nolan (St Josephs)
Jack O'Donaghue (St Josephs)
Sean O'Neill (Thomson)
Xavier Prime (Warrion)
Ravi Ravee (St Josephs)
Yves Rousetty (Newtown)
Matthew Slater (Torquay)
Alex Stanley (Newtown)
Chris Strods (Thomson)
Mitchell Troy (North Shore)
Albert Weddell (Barrabool)

Training for the extended squad will be at East Belmont at 5:30, after which the side will be cut to 12 players. Sean O'Neill has been appointed captain of the side, with Grant Dew coaching, and James Diery and Dean Watson assisting.

The match is a 50-over one day game, being played at Thomson Cricket Club with a tentative starting time of 11am. Make sure you find some time between the 20/20 festivities to go and have a look at the regions best young cricketers

Re: Barwon Under 21's

good squad. tone cant train wednesday, so if i still get picked make sure someone lets me no lol. shoulda got the game on norths ground, its looken so good atm. btw i hope thomson is better than wen we played there last yr, was the yukkest thing. good job on being moderator now as well a for effort:cool:

ants14;277595 said:
good squad. tone cant train wednesday, so if i still get picked make sure someone lets me no lol. shoulda got the game on norths ground, its looken so good atm. btw i hope thomson is better than wen we played there last yr, was the yukkest thing. good job on being moderator now as well a for effort:cool:

North Geelong was unavailable to use along with 4 or 5 other 1st choice grounds that's why the game is being played at Thomson, the ground is looking very good at the moment. Outfield won't be rapid and the wicket will be the one being used at the moment for the 2 dayer.

a for effort;277591 said:
Next Sunday (9th Nov) is the first round of the VCCL Under 21's knockout cup, with Barwon (GCA,BPCA and Colac) being scheduled to play against Central Highlands

SQUAD
Daniel Bolton (Modewarre)
Shaun Cambell (Teesdale)
Luke Consedine (Colac)
Levi Dare (Stoneyford)
Luke Davidson (Alexander Thomson)
Jaryd Debeer (St Peters)
Michael Fallon (Barwon Heads)
Sam Farnsworth (St Josephs)
James Fitzgerald (St Josephs)
Shannon Gove (Newtown)
Sam Green (East Belmont)
Jason Grozdanovski (Murgheboluc)
Andrew Hodgson (St Josephs)
Tony Kilfoyle (Leopold)
Jacob McGuane (Alvie)
Patrick McMahon(St Albans)
Shane McNamara (Stoneyford)
Chris Moreland (Bell Post Hill)
Troy Nolan (St Josephs)
Jack O'Donaghue (St Josephs)
Sean O'Neill (Thomson)
Xavier Prime (Warrion)
Ravi Ravee (St Josephs)
Yves Rousetty (Newtown)
Matthew Slater (Torquay)
Alex Stanley (Newtown)
Chris Strods (Thomson)
Mitchell Troy (North Shore)
Albert Weddell (Barrabool)

Training for the extended squad will be at East Belmont at 5:30, after which the side will be cut to 12 players. Sean O'Neill has been appointed captain of the side, with Grant Dew coaching, and James Diery and Dean Watson assisting.

The match is a 50-over one day game, being played at Thomson Cricket Club with a tentative starting time of 11am. Make sure you find some time between the 20/20 festivities to go and have a look at the regions best young cricketers

Hope he catches better than he did on Saturday if he gets a gig:D;)

And is that name serious or what Ravi Ravee:eek::confused:

Under 21 BC Barwon Rockets were selected tonight, team is as follows.

Andrew Hodgson (St Joeys)
Tony Kilfoyle (Leopold)
Mitch Troy (North Shore)
Sean O'Neill (Thomson)
James Fitzgerald (St Joeys)
Xavier Prime (Warrion)
Chris Strods (Thomson)
Sam Farnsworth (St Joeys)
Sean Bogan (East Belmont)

Match to start at Thomson Cricket Club at 11 am.
Food and Drink to be available all day.

thommy_rissole;278549 said:
under 21 bc barwon rockets were selected tonight, team is as follows.

Andrew hodgson (st joeys)
tony kilfoyle (leopold)
mitch troy (north shore)
mitchell herbison (barwon heads)
sean o'neill (thomson)
becker nguyen (east belmont)
james fitzgerald (st joeys)
anthony armisted (north geelong)
xavier prime (warrion)
chris strods (thomson)
sam farnsworth (st joeys)
sean bogan (east belmont)

match to start at thomson cricket club at 11 am.
Food and drink to be available all day.

he is no good!!! :d;):d

ants14;278561 said:
we better win and there better be a good crowd down there..

I'll be there. Young up and coming rep cricket is a lot better alternative to T20 if you ask me. The selling out of the game's soul.

Renny24;278705 said:
I'll be there. Young up and coming rep cricket is a lot better alternative to T20 if you ask me. The selling out of the game's soul.

you better have a crack on the other forum about what format we should be playing. Dont think there is too many people out there that dont want to play 20/20. You must a bit long in the tooth. . . . :D

ToThePavilion;278827 said:
you better have a crack on the other forum about what format we should be playing. Dont think there is too many people out there that dont want to play 20/20. You must a bit long in the tooth. . . . :D

Long in the tooth has nothing to do with it. I think that T20 is popular now because it is new and has a lot of novelty value. However, it really doesn't promote any skills of the game; certainly doesn't promote maximum participation and is nothing more than a game basically invented for TV. I mean, seriously a bowler bowling four overs when he is on a hiding to nothing and a batsman winding up for cross-bat slogs every ball he faces; please. How can you teach the real skills of the game when the kids are being exposed to this more and more. I mean, good on the world cricketing powers for trying to appeal to a different audience but as far as i'm concerned, whether canned in this forum or not'; this ain't the answer.

thommy_rissole;278957 said:
Sunday's Thomson Bar Special

$ 2 Cans of VB & Draught All Day
really....

mite have to get the olds to drop me off down there then... u betta make sure u have plenty of stock in the fridge

one of our moderators really needs to learn how to drink a little bit faster so to not keep us regular human beings waiting and getting thirsty.. we lost by the way rissole can sum up the match, he was captain. and if he fails to mention it he made 49, and captained well imo

We won the toss and decided to bat.

Friday's rain made the Thomson outfield slow but it was looking picture-esque.

With a strong team and everyone arriving on time ready to play things were looking good for the BC Barwon Rockets.

Things weren't so rosey at 2-3, Hodgson (0) and Kilfoyle (2) been and gone. Herbison and Troy batted for 10 overs and steadied the innings before a short one got too big on Herbison (10) and bottomed edged it onto his stumps. O'Neill and Troy put on 30 before Troy ballooned one to mid wicket where a great catch was taken by the Central Highland fielder. East Belmont Freak of Nature Becker Nguyen came into the crease and dismantled the legspinner down Godfrey St a couple of times. Becker (40) was run-out by a direct hit from backward point with the score on 5-135 with 10 overs to go.
The left handed Jimmy Fitzerald was keen to take on the short midwicket boundary, but somehow the ball was getting held up in the slow outfield. O'Neill (49) departed toeing a sweep to deep midwicket. Fitzgerald and Armisted chanced their arms in the last 5, both making (15) before both losing their wickets. Prime holed out to long off in the 48th over for a golden duck. 2 balls into the last over Strods (0*) decided it would be a good idea to run a single to the keeper standing up the stumps, thus burning Sammy Farnsworth. BC Barwon Rockets were all out for 183.

In the tea break Mitch Troy told me that the Central Highlands opener Sam Miller posted 100 off 20 overs in the Senior Country Week Final against Geelong. Was really starting to look forward to fielding.

Opener Bowlers started off well with Sammy Farnsworth (0-35) bowling at good speed and getting the ball to move around quite alot but him and Sean Bogan (0-30) couldn't get the breakthrough. With Mitch Herbison (0-16) departing at 4:30 for his club 20/20 match he came on first change and again got the ball to move through air but with no luck as the two Highland openers were becoming impossible to remove. Both openers passed 50 whilst Mitch Troy (0-41) and Xavier Prime (0-40) were bowling. Good ground fielding was keeping pressure on both the batsmen with several run-out oppurtunities going very close. Anthony Armisted (3-21) was introduced with immediate success and the momentum of the match started to swing. Assisted with some luck for the Rockets with run-out attempts finallt hitting the stumps, Highlands needed 13 runs with 4 overs remaing. Some tight bowling and excellent ground fielding kept us in the match but with only 4 runs needed off the last over with 5 wickets in hand it we were always going to be up against it. A nick down to 3rd man and the match was over. Highlands beating the Rockets by 5 wickets with 4 balls to spare.

Armisted was the pick of the bowlers bowling his 10 straight and nearly stealing us the win. Most pleasing aspect was even though all day in the field we were up against it we stuck at it and never gave up.

Very dissapointing to lose but there opening batsmen were just too good, if we had of got them earlier it might have changed the result of the match.

Kudos to Sean Bogen for arriving at the Barwon Club with his cricket shirt on and Zinc'd up.

Also thank you to the Thomson Cricket Club for staging the match and everyone involved with the U21's this season.

ants14;279914 said:
one of our moderators really needs to learn how to drink a little bit faster so to not keep us regular human beings waiting and getting thirsty.. we lost by the way rissole can sum up the match, he was captain. and if he fails to mention it he made 49, and captained well imo

slow and steady wins the race, you man-bear

a for effort;279982 said:
slow and steady wins the race, you man-bear

i dont no what race you were trying to win then but it sure as hell wasnt keeping up with me lol. u stay late?

Back