Best Keeper in 14s/16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best Keeper in 14s/16s

No Good at cricket;290360 said:
Ino this is probably talking about DVCA keepers, but this guy i played hatch with last year for Preston goes by the name of Josh McDonald, he is the best keeper i have seen since Gilchrist

have a look at these stats
Welcome to MyCricket: Player Season Statistics

Also a very handy top order bat. He played in the U15 state team aswell.
MASSIVE FREAK

if he is such a star then why was he playing hatch instead of dowling?

Because he wanted to dominate Hatch then smash dowling.
His stats in Hatch were 171 runs @ 57.
12 catches and 5 stumpings
all that in 6 games
He also won our Northern district medal for the best player by like 10 votes !!!!!

goodaggot;289374 said:
david chesterton from mernda/thomastown is a superb keeper.
rarely drops a catch, or misses a ball.
kept in the dvca match recently and really showed what he had, and i believe he keeps for the mernda 2's?
speaks for itself.
look forward to seeing what hes got when i edge a few to him in the coming weeks.;)

Can keep this bloke, catches everything and doesn't let many byes go, also made a good score in a losing side last week by the looks of it.

But he's got red hair, so how seriously can we take him?

The_Punter14;286389 said:
I wanna know who everyone thinks the best keeper is in the DVCA for under 16s + 14s

the 2 best keepers in the juniors are either mitch johnson or ben russel. ben kept for us in "B" grade

There really is no quality keeper in the juniors.
chesterton or mitch are probably the best but still.
a gun keeper should not drop any catches, get plenty of stumpings (including legside), which would show their speed with the gloves.

As stated somewhere before, Josh McDonald, now you can safely say that is a quality keeper

Best junior keepers in recent memory were Tom McLean (DC) and Tait Forster (NEW). Both will (and already have) go on to play much higher levels of cricket including District and Sub-District.

LegB4;291489 said:
Best junior keepers in recent memory were Tom McLean (DC) and Tait Forster (NEW). Both will (and already have) go on to play much higher levels of cricket including District and Sub-District.

yeah agreed on tait forster he is a gun keeper! believe he is playing subbies 2's at the O.P's.

dirt.ball;291280 said:
There really is no quality keeper in the juniors.
chesterton or mitch are probably the best but still.
a gun keeper should not drop any catches, get plenty of stumpings (including legside), which would show their speed with the gloves.

As stated somewhere before, Josh McDonald, now you can safely say that is a quality keeper

How do you know Josh ????

bundybullz08;290792 said:
the 2 best keepers in the juniors are either mitch johnson or ben russel. ben kept for us in "B" grade

Ben Russel!
I personally think Plenty have the best two keepers going around in Johnson and Jevon Kett

answering the question given

Dylan Campbell can bat and very good glove work

same injured knees have limeted his kepping but first game back with the gloves 5 catches against plenty

i entirely agree, david chesterton from mernda is great behind the stumps but just needs to work abit harder but he will be a star keeper for his club in the up coming years:)

cookie is the first keeper , with mitch as the 2nd keeper.
though i believe they will be doing day on day off.

the best keeper in the diamond valley junior ranks is probably mitch johnson.
though james nicholson has the talent to do it , but lacks the work ethic and dedication atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back