BigCricket Senior Squad

Re: BigCricket Senior Squad

carn tigez, slow down mate. :) Lets just complete our two series first. In the gap that follows, we'll contact other forums about some inter forum series. :) Doing everything atm gets a bit hectic and divides player activity so that its poor everywhere. :)

Yep, just stick to the one comp at the moment, lets play the matches against these guys.

Remember, we're still getting our own Test comp back up and running after a delay, which sent a few people away.

What we need to do is concentrate on strengthening our own league before we go and challenge other forums

Dirk Kuyt;284829 said:
Yep, just stick to the one comp at the moment, lets play the matches against these guys.

Remember, we're still getting our own Test comp back up and running after a delay, which sent a few people away.

What we need to do is concentrate on strengthening our own league before we go and challenge other forums

Exactly right Dirk. We need to work on our own league before branching out against sides from other forums. Cleaning out at the end of the season and recruiting a couple of players for each side would be ideal.

Ljp86;284832 said:
Exactly right Dirk. We need to work on our own league before branching out against sides from other forums. Cleaning out at the end of the season and recruiting a couple of players for each side would be ideal.

Yep. Good point about the clean out at the end of the season and trying to recruit some new players, fresh into the competition.

No point going off playing other forums, especially when say we played BigFooty, most (if not all) of us post there and would put that first on the forum to represent, then this would be seen as second choice, so it wouldn't really work, and while we're off playing 'inter-forum' matches, the guys who aren't representing the comp might lose interest because they aren't playing and it may be a negative rather than a positive.

So once this tour finishes, we'll just play out our season, have our finals, then look at ways we can improve the comp for the next season.

Dirk Kuyt replaces Lyall in the squad.
Kshitiz is added to the squad.

Kevieyang is extremely unlucky and if any of our bowlers don't post he will be added.

Jolldo87;284906 said:
Dirk Kuyt replaces Lyall in the squad.
Kshitiz is added to the squad.

Kevieyang is extremely unlucky and if any of our bowlers don't post he will be added.

It's an honour to be in the senior squad.
Hopefully I get some game time and I can perform well, the selectors have taken a risk putting me in the squad and I hope to repay their faith in me.

Well done Kshitiz on making the squad too @|

Dirk Kuyt;284997 said:
Definitely :D @|

How many players are in the squad and who are they?

It's all in the first post of this thread.

The tour will be delayed because TAE are just starting a new league and need some more time.

With my poor bowling performances of late, I don't deserve a call up :(

On the plus side, my batting's improved!

I've been racking the posts up left right and centre of late. Hopefully I can get a game on Monday and get some runs, and push for selection!

Don't know if we've been around long enough Tongs, we might have to graft this one out and MAKE them select us.

Hey, we are fast learners, and work hard. We put in some solid hours to get the 2nd XI team up and running!

Hard work >>>>>>> tenure!

Who is this Tongs anyway? The only use for Tongs is for flipping meat. So I guess thats what Tongs does - flips sausages.

Back