Cameron White - What do you think?

Does Cameron White have the potential to become a good international cricketer?

• Yes, in all three forms of the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but just limited overs cricket (ODIs and T20).

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Yes, but he should only play T20 cricket.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No, he is not of international standard.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other (only one day cricket, etc.)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Mousey

Cameron White - What do you think?

Cameron White is a player people have differing options on. I believe he, given the opportunity, could be a very good middle order batsman for Australia. Other believe he is very lucky to be playing international cricket and should be dropped. What do you guys think?

As I stated above I think he could be a great middle order aggressor, but only in the shorter forms of the game though. I don't think he has the ability to play Test cricket.

Re: Cameron White - What do you think?

My jaw hit the floor when I found out he debuted over in India. I thought as a lower order "stroke" player but when he was stated as being our front line spinner I thought I had died and was sent to Hell.

First off he isn't in the countries best 10 batsman (who aren't playing much international cricket) and yeah he comes out in 20-20 might slap a 6 might slap a 4 but it is so hit and miss (I guess that is what 20-20 is about. He shouldn't be considered as a lower order batsman in the ODI unless North, Carsledine, Katich, Ferguson, Hodge, Jewell, Hughes, Klinger etc.

I can't wait till the "experiment" is over and he is sent back to play for the mighty bushrangers and actually do something of use for us.

He isn't played as an all-rounder. He doesn't get bowled much for good reason. He's played as a batsmen and I am sure there are better batsmen out there than him. Why not bat Warner as a lower order batsmen in his place...

I hate Cameron White more than I hate Brad Hodge and that is an effort I can assure you. He should not be playing for Australia, he is not a better bat than 10 other one day batsman in Australia. And he sure as hell shouldn't be bowling.

should be playing in all the one dayers and T20's.
atleast until symonds gets back into it.
and he is a victorian.

I think he should get an opportunity above no.6 before he gets dropped.

I know he has played in a reasonable amount of one dayers but from 6 down it can become hard coming in at the death.

gbatman;325765 said:
He isn't played as an all-rounder. He doesn't get bowled much for good reason. He's played as a batsmen and I am sure there are better batsmen out there than him. Why not bat Warner as a lower order batsmen in his place...
Because White is a better batsman than Warner :rolleyes:

Definately has the potential to play plenty more cricket in all 3 forms of the game for Australia

I reckon he has potential in all three forms of the game. He's got a tonne of talent, and he has shown it in all three forms at state level. He just needs to be picked as a genuine middle order batsman and have a few games there before any real judgements can be made.

Back