channel nine cricket commentators

Words can't cant describe how much I hate Ian Healy.

Gilly should replace the clown in the commentary box just like he did on the playing field.

I can't stand Slater. Healy I can almost put up with if he is not on with Slater or Taylor.
None of the modern players are any good. Greig is hopelessly compromised with all the selling of the memorabilia rubbish (I hope he gets well and decides to retire).
Lawry is better now he is only there a few times a year.
Chappelli is a mxed bag. Good for the technical stuff, but rambles onto rather boring topics quite often.
Taylor might be OK in time, though there is something about his voice which doesn't sit right with me.
Even as a North Melbourne member, Bryashaw should never be allowed near a microphone. He treats the cricket like its "the footy show", all matey and blokey and utterly cringeworthy.

Benaud and Mark Nicholas are the only genuinely good ones amongst them. Maybe they need to hire professional sports commentators rather than just popular cricketers with no ability for commentary. Or at least teach the modern breed to shut the hell up occasionally.

Regardless of sport, Nine seem to do the best broadcast in terms of cameras and editing; but by far the worst commentary.

Yep, although I will still hate Healy there is no doubt that when either him or Slater and Taylor are put together they get far worse.

As good as it is to still hear the great man Ritchie on air even in his now limited appearances he has noticeably slowed down in the last couple of years which of course is only natural at 82. I wonder if if they should look at giving him a big send off as a final appearance as proper commentator say at a Sydney Test.

Wish they would go back to bringing in a commentator from the touring team's country like they used to do back in the day.

Yep think your right on this one, Im from the UK so dont get it....although I do get bad TV service and commentators as you get them everywhere!

Wish they would go back to bringing in a commentator from the touring team's country like they used to do back in the day.

Yep. Michael Holding, Ian Smith etc. Would love to see them get Harsha Bhogle on there as well.

Interesting. In nearly five years, this thread (on a cricket site), gets nowhere near the workover a similair thread get on BigFooty in a month.

I thought Hussey wasn't too bad in these recent games, worked well with Bill and Nicholas on Sunday.
I liked Hussey commentating as well. When a former cricketer is called 'Mr Cricket' they should use their knowledge outside the game. It is nice to have a more recent player commentating, giving you a insight into the Australian team.

Bill Lawry has retired from commentating so there will be one other full-time spot available now. Also with Tony Grieg's death that leaves another spot also.

I also agree that Hussey was very good. Brett Lee wasn't too bad either in my opinion.

Back