Cheats XI.

Re: Cheats XI.

Also have got a Grounds keeper/commitee. Trying to rack my brain but pretty sure there was a match where one side needed not many to win and the home side had the luxury of a few extra hours of water being on the pitch. Might of been teh aussies at the MCG (not sure if it is correct but have an inkling it is)

My Cronje Cup side.

Sunil Gavaskar
Mohammad Azharuddin
Greg Chappell -VC
Ajuna Ranatunga - C
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Ajay Jadeja
Ian Healy - wk
Trevor Chappell
Johan Botha
Ishant Sharma
Muttiah Muralitharan

12th man - Harbajan Singh

Why is Sharma there?

Don't you know Murali has been cleared ;)

Surely the umpire would have to be one Darryl Hair (according to the sub continent of course)

Gibbs, fixing of a ODI game in Nagpur.

Samuels, Receiving money, benefit or other reward which could bring him or the game into disrepute.

D.K;320431 said:
Why is Sharma there?

Conveniently forgets the difference between right/left handed batting gloves when time is an issue in saving a Test match.

;)

Kram81;320430 said:
My Cronje Cup side.

Sunil Gavaskar
Mohammad Azharuddin
Greg Chappell -VC
Ajuna Ranatunga - C
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Ajay Jadeja
Ian Healy - wk
Trevor Chappell
Johan Botha
Ishant Sharma
Muttiah Muralitharan

12th man - Harbajan Singh

forget healy about being wicket keeper, what about greg dyer?

Captain has to be Douglas Jardine. His lack of sportsmanship was no spur of the moment or opportunistic thing. It was a deliberatley calculated tactic.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Javed Miandad. Remember when he ran Rodney Hogg out while he was patting the pitch down.

Or Sarfraz Nawaz when he got Hilditch handled the ball when he picked it up to hand it to Sarfraz.

As for Haddin, I have been a wicket keeper for 30 years. There is now way in the world he did not at least have a suspicion of what happened. It dissappointed me that he did not express that suspicion to the umpire and captain so that it could be reviewed. Bring on the ability to challenge decisions on the field.

Thought about Miandad but the middle order was already packed, if he was an opener would've been in there for sure :)

eddiesmith;319917 said:
According to NSW fans to whom Haddin nor any of his blues teammates can do any wrong, he wouldnt have known he hit the bails as that part of the glove is all material and no hand under it, so from standing directly above it he couldnt possibly have known, but both umpires standing miles away were in the wrong, not perfect Brad :p

Could put in every NSW player to have ever represented Australia into a Cheats XI, no doubt they have all trangressed atleast once

Was it Slater or Bichel who a few years back claimed a catch at the Adelaide Oval that bounced about a metre in front of them?

Well in fact it was Langer, who cleanly caught the ball from Michael Vaughan who refused to walk and therefore cheated.

The incident infuriated Gilchrist who started to walk from then on.

PS: do you know "Vaughan's Army?" :D :D :D

Sourav Ganguly always tries to change the umpires mind when batting.
I remember when he got caught in the IPL and told the umpire the person dropped it, went to 3rd Umpire, caught it without a doubt.

Back