City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOCKER

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Ease it up gents.No need to get personal and vindictive.Yes it has been a long year.Merlot, if you are seriously suggesting that a competition where you have two Juggernauts,or Ommies or Uniting, playing in the same grade, then I put it to you that you have been over indulging in your favourite product.That format would completely destroy the integrity of the competition.Yes there is some parochialism in the competition,but really you cannot ask executive members to simply cut their ties and allegiances to their respective clubs.It is a competition run by member clubs and therefore there will always be accusations of parochialism.On the whole the competition is run fairly well, and yes there can always be improvements.

The Juggernaut shocked the world to their win their 15th flag out of their last 21 grand final appearances in the past 30 years in Longy.A truly remarkable effort and well done. The game was played at a venue where both sides were happy to play where there was a great atmosphere and isn't that what local cricket is all about? Not sure that Chisholm is a known trouble spot.I didn't see to many police cars doing the rounds during game day.

Take a deep breath Merlot.There is always next season.

Carlton:29 points
Hawthorn:60 points.Melbourne will dream of beating Hawthorn and they will wake up and apologise.
Geelong: too polished 50 points.
St.Kilda:25 points
Brisbane:35 points
Port Adelaide:15 points
Dogs:10 points
Adelaide:20 points.

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Bottsy, can you elaborate on why there was such a big collapse as I like alot of others were not at the game. The Westars seemed to be cruising by all reports.

as UM said this is not duddy brett or Merlot.

re the spongy pitch debate, i agree bottsy that the pitches might be batter friendly, but the spongy pitches arent the answer, all that does is make it tennis ball bounce. i dont think that they replicate turf pitches at all, and therefore think that the flatter pitches are much better to play on. and lets not worry too much about games being dominated by bats, mackie nearly defended 150, and low scores in wooly too. infact i cant think of many games where the score surpassed 300 all year in longy.

merl, i dont claim to be "that good"... also if you heard of that request (mackie wanting to play at chisholm) then why did u whinge about easts getting their way again!!!!!????

where has this hatred of esbc come from merl.. maybe you should stop the bashing?

My apologies merl, I'll be down at the Brick tomorrow night for junior presentation night if you're in the area.

Congrats to all premiers including our one day team who went back to back, or as UM named them 'dizzy's ring ins' even though they've been together for the past 3 years.

Just to quash a couple of rumours 'doing the rounds', Clemo won't be going anywhere and the Moose is highly unlikely to leave the hoops.

Count me in for the footy comp.

Round 1 tips are:

Carlton
Geelong
St Kilda
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Fremantle

Evening All,

BMPITC tips

Carlton
Geelong
St.Kilda
Bris
Port
Haw
Coll
Freo

until next time........ keep searching...... vino sipping poster..... Prof Merlot

Ordinary Bloke;395111 said:
My apologies merl, I'll be down at the Brick tomorrow night for junior presentation night if you're in the area.

Congrats to all premiers including our one day team who went back to back, or as UM named them 'dizzy's ring ins' even though they've been together for the past 3 years.

Just to quash a couple of rumours 'doing the rounds', Clemo won't be going anywhere and the Moose is highly unlikely to leave the hoops.

OB,
Wasn't referring to young Clemo, my sources tell me that West Bentleigh are going hard after another player, they nearly enticed last season.Not sure he will be playing in the comp this year if rumours are true.Also hear that a former CMCA premiership player and soulmate of Uncle Mick is attracting interest from one or two clubs as is a current/former? skipper.They would have to be a good offers though, but you never know.

A long season ahead for the Tigers and their supporters.

Care to name names? Obviously got me curious about the 'soulmate'....

Vinnie - clearly a tongue in cheek comment.

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Flav i tnink he might mean your mate Brett.
OB i think he might mean Bunting.
And can't remeber who said it but the KH captain might be Dean Edmunds, just ask bunter about him.

Hello Allan,
waiting for the redtube page to load so thought you would have your 2 bobs worth on BC??

For what it's worth (re the Maysie tribunal) I hear me 'ol Lazza got 1 week with 1 suspended, I was standing about 3 metres away & can honestly say that decission is an absolut F!@#$%g DISGRACE!!!
Bernie called a wide (this was about the 3rd/4th in 2 overs, with a few right on the border line) & maysie questioned it, then they chatted over it Mays then dropped a few 'F' bombs (in a calm manner, without raising his voice or directing it at the ump or in a threatening manner) I would have only seen the same happen throughout the season by nearly every bowler at least 20 times a game.... Chubba, Cruwsy, Barney, UM, Schneidsy, (the list goes on) would of played about 5 career games if this law was to be enforced in my time....

how they can possible come up with that after some of the things I have seen & heard said on the field over the course of a year, just goes (again) to prove what people already think... do i need to say it???

for a guy who has played 20+ years in the comp (not to mention about 5+ overseas) won the charlie 3 times, played for the CMCA upteen times & is generally liked by all & sundry... to get done for that is utterly inept!!!

after a few thing i have heard about the tribunal (in various grades) over the season, I would hope there is a strong review of the process.. Because I give you the tip the current one is laughable!!
It's a cop out to say decisions are black & white but clearly they're not... look at the AFL for example, each report must be taken on a case by case basis, where it this instence it can't have been to come up with that decision.. it's simply not possible !!

to make the matter even more insane, apparently the 'official' charge got changed half way through the hearing from umpire decent (of which there was no case to answer) to abbusive language (which doesn't it have to be able to be heard by a spectator) ... at hurly thats insane as i was there as close as anyone & didn't hear a word.. PS- you could strangle someone there & not hear from the boundary!!

how can common sense not enter the equation, something like this..
Maysie your reported for swearing, please note this is not acceptable behaviour as your record is that of a clean nature & we grant it (as i'm sure Bernie would agree) wasn't obsessive or directed toward an umpire & not overly loud, take this as a warning- (2 games suspended penalty until end of the following season, next time you are charged for same offence 2 weeks set penalty)

I know a few of the guys on tribunal panel & they are very sensible/ honest people, so they must be under a directorate from above- reported for swearing 1 game no if's or buts...

the whole thing stinks............. THE CMCA = SPARE ME !!!

Come to the DDCA burgs, you can choke a opponent during afternoon tea and get away scot free.........'genuine'

Interesting observations made by Burger. Once again the same umpire who hung the Judge was at the centre of proceedings.If I recall correctly Sugar made mention that the umpire was not having the best match, and once again he responded by reporting a player.I again have to ask the question,(and by no means do I wish to see this occur) however why wasn't the skipper charged with failing to control a player????
The precedence was set with the Judge, and already they have moved the goal posts.The system is in need of a total overhaul.Their decision making is irrational and fails to utilise the accepted practice of precedence in determining decisions and handing out penalties.You cannot simply alter the charge during the course of the hearing because the original charge does not suit your case.They can and do in China, but I thought we were a little better than that.

CLOCKER;395294 said:
Interesting observations made by Burger. Once again the same umpire who hung the Judge was at the centre of proceedings.If I recall correctly Sugar made mention that the umpire was not having the best match, and once again he responded by reporting a player.I again have to ask the question,(and by no means do I wish to see this occur) however why wasn't the skipper charged with failing to control a player????
The precedence was set with the Judge, and already they have moved the goal posts.The system is in need of a total overhaul.Their decision making is irrational and fails to utilise the accepted practice of precedence in determining decisions and handing out penalties.You cannot simply alter the charge during the course of the hearing because the original charge does not suit your case.They can and do in China, but I thought we were a little better than that.

The issue with Mikkelsen I beleive was that he was asked a number of times by the umpire to control his player and didn't seem to do anything.

Interesting bit of information if true, golf. Changes the perception somewhat of the incident and outcome.

Knowing the umpire in question quite personally, it comes as no surprise. He's a relatively adept individual, but has a serious ego issue. Something needs to be done to pull him into line because it'll only get worse.

Uncle Mick;395389 said:
Interesting bit of information if true, golf. Changes the perception somewhat of the incident and outcome.

Knowing the umpire in question quite personally, it comes as no surprise. He's a relatively adept individual, but has a serious ego issue. Something needs to be done to pull him into line because it'll only get worse.

Mate its what I was told when I was asked to sign the report as the opposition skipper. He is adept, but can be a bit sensitive at times. Al missed a finals series and ultimately a Premiership because said umpire took umbrage at a relatively innocuous comment.

golf;395417 said:
Mate its what I was told when I was asked to sign the report as the opposition skipper. He is adept, but can be a bit sensitive at times. Al missed a finals series and ultimately a Premiership because said umpire took umbrage at a relatively innocuous comment.

Apologies bud. Wasn't questioning you. When you said, "I believe" I figured you weren't entirely sure, however if you were asked to sign the report then that's a little more certain. Seems that the Judge was given the opportunity to step in and didn't act accordingly and perhaps deserved a sanction. Still doesn't excuse what happened at the hearing.

With respect to said umpire being sensitive, I refer back to my comment about his ego issues. The guy needs to be told from the top that it's park cricket. His role is to make decisions and control the game. Not to impose himself on the competition.

Uncle Mick;395479 said:
Apologies bud. Wasn't questioning you. When you said, "I believe" I figured you weren't entirely sure, however if you were asked to sign the report then that's a little more certain. Seems that the Judge was given the opportunity to step in and didn't act accordingly and perhaps deserved a sanction. Still doesn't excuse what happened at the hearing.

With respect to said umpire being sensitive, I refer back to my comment about his ego issues. The guy needs to be told from the top that it's park cricket. His role is to make decisions and control the game. Not to impose himself on the competition.

No apologies needed mate. I agree. There needs to be direction to all umpires re what they need to do. Sometimes it seems that they don't have a feel for the game.

Leroy I have no issue with the report, just how the case was handled when it got to the tribunal, and based on what I hear from others, there are to many similarities.You are 100% correct when it comes to certain umpires not having the 'feel' for the game.Again it may not be their fault entirely as they are simply interpretating what they are told.If we start reporting players for dropping the magic word then monday nights will become a traffic jam.
Interesting that the hoops have advertised for a coach and/or captain....

Evening All,

I will start with the Big Mac Photo Identikit Footy tips.

Vinnie and Merl jumped out of the blocks with a pair of 8's,Uncle Mick one behind and Clocker continuing his cricket tipping form into footy season.

As the BMPITC was advertised a bit late Sugar,Jimmy,Archie,Bottsy,Brett.Pdog,Blairy, etc are all encouraged to join in with entry at 6 points so as to not disadvantage Clocker.

Rd 1

Merl 8
Ord Bloke 8
UM 7
Clock 6

Brett why are you requesting others to join you at DDCA when the rumuors up and down Brady Rd have you back at the oasis two.

The tax man takes his duties on to the field with him and doesn't really know how to lighten up.But when you have an overpaid adviser who has never seen a game of CMCA cricket pulling the strings as a Barrack appointment who has never bothered the scorers in conducting accreditation sessions in the three years in the job what chance is there.All the good work set up by Mark Rainey and his team has just gone out the door in recent times.

Coupled with the demise of some of the BBQ's finest the depth is not good and no pressure is put to improve performances.

When Hamburgler is running the tribunal what would you expect as it is not independent and made up of former players and officials from CMCA clubs who clearly have no direction or under standing of correct tribunal preceedures.

The Laws of Cricket state that a captain is automatically reported when his player is reported there is no option and whether they do or don't do anything to control him is irrelevant.

clocker,

The political nightmare has a constitutional need to advertise the postion each year I believe!!!

What I was referring to re promotion and relegation is to have a clear cut policy instead of leaving it in the hands of parochial congress members who maybe swayed by another Adam Kain super sized power point presentation.
Whether it is a second's side or the side after them if a seconds team wins put it in black and white instead of relying on if's and maybes.If you finish last down you go if you win or finish second up you go.

You could check your immaculate records as there has been regularly trouble at Gold Cap Park where the CMCA congress turns a blind eye to their own no drinking rule during games!!!

My final final word on ten teams being a good thing right throughout the grades.For too long the CMCA is only thought of as a Longy competition where as the majority of players play in lower grades with many lop sided divisions.A ten team comp will even this out and bridge the gap.

While I value your opinion and professionalism on the BCF everyone is entitled to their opinion and we don't have to always agree with each other, I just enjoy the banter !!!!!!

Burger

Welcome back I knew you couldn't stay away forever and offer you the chance to participate in the footy comp named in your honour and with the Buddy big heads on top of the ladder must make you feel confident.

Forced to agree with you regarding the inconsistent tribunal where the barista with a similiar or worse record than the month of may get's off but the great man doesn't get the same latitude.

I would hope your club sends in the strongest possible protest and even appeals to the cricket union who would surely throw the case out the window.

That's enough for now and the draw for this week's big mac is as follows:please tip in order!!

Rd 2

Bris Carl
Coll Melb
West C Port
Stk Nth
Adel Syd
Ess Freeo
Rich West B
Haw Geel

until next time... keep searching...... vino sipping poster..... Prof Merlot

Prof,
Interesting perspective re the Hoops. I do not recall seeing an advertisement last season? The Laws of cricket in this competition should only be considered a guide as the laws inhibit the 'Peoples' Executive.
I think we need to rename the Judge 'Stern Hu'.He has been hung out to dry.
Fantastic effort by Rio Tinto in sacking him, despite their vow to support him to the end.Great Australian Company.

Bris Lions
Collingwood
West Coast
St Kilda
Sydney
Essendon
West Bulldogs
Hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back