City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

southern sledge;402265 said:
So why not post it on the VTCA board.

Once again an intelligent and lucid comment, Sledge. Quite amazed you didn't defend the VTCA though - too busy unnecessarily sledging me I suppose!

CMCA have it right with percentages and not continuing once the game is over - I'd play more than 65 overs in at least the top 3 grades though.

CLOCKER;402286 said:
I can tell you they are a very well run club with a fantastic family environment.I am still trying to work out how Bentleigh CC were able to afford the two players that won them the flag last season.

No Doubt they are a well run club just , Wouldn't have a clue how Bentleigh came up with the funds .. heard from a VTCA source they are after another "name" player might stretch the budget again

zyxwvu;402288 said:
Once again an intelligent and lucid comment, Sledge. Quite amazed you didn't defend the VTCA though - too busy unnecessarily sledging me I suppose!

CMCA have it right with percentages and not continuing once the game is over - I'd play more than 65 overs in at least the top 3 grades though.
If you like it so much,you do have the opportunity to play CMCA at your club. Do that and stop sooking.

southern sledge;402308 said:
If you like it so much,you do have the opportunity to play CMCA at your club. Do that and stop sooking.

how about staying on topic of the cmca and maybe the biggest signing in its history. Dont know if their many players in the cmca with glenn's record, could make uniting unstoppable?

I agree that Lalor does have a tremendous playing record and you would think he would definitely make a massive contribution to Uniting on the field.

Based on his playing record you would have to think that Lalor is the biggest signing in the CMCA since Wallet Park added Dav Whatmore in the late 1990s, an Australian Test Cricketer who had since gone on to steer Sri Lanka to its only World Cup win.

I would think Uniting would be more hoping that the improvement would come from the experience Lalor would bring to the table from a coaching perspective. Uniting probably have more young developing talent in the 21-25 year age bracket than most teams in the competition, with these players having already been exposed to 2 or 3 seasons in Longmuir. The major improvment from Uniting will come if those players are able to significantly improve and mature under Lalor's leadership and experience.

Nikeal;402316 said:
I agree that Lalor does have a tremendous playing record and you would think he would definitely make a massive contribution to Uniting on the field.

Based on his playing record you would have to think that Lalor is the biggest signing in the CMCA since Wallet Park added Dav Whatmore in the late 1990s, an Australian Test Cricketer who had since gone on to steer Sri Lanka to its only World Cup win.

I would think Uniting would be more hoping that the improvement would come from the experience Lalor would bring to the table from a coaching perspective. Uniting probably have more young developing talent in the 21-25 year age bracket than most teams in the competition, with these players having already been exposed to 2 or 3 seasons in Longmuir. The major improvment from Uniting will come if those players are able to significantly improve and mature under Lalor's leadership and experience.

Nikeal well said pal, There are so many talented young players in that bracket that they need to step up. There is also the next gap down kids 16-21 who have so much potential coming through the ranks that will make there impact in the near future. Glenn will bring voice, direction, experience and his reputation across and the kids will hang on his every word.

jogitin;402311 said:
how about staying on topic of the cmca and maybe the biggest signing in its history. Dont know if their many players in the cmca with glenn's record, could make uniting unstoppable?

not worried, dav whatmore neither liam pickering did anything that good, certainly didn't win a flag.

never heard of lalor, good luck either way.....good get by sounds of things.

is suridge going to open the bowling or lalor, who's quicker??

big mossy fan;402320 said:
not worried, dav whatmore neither liam pickering did anything that good, certainly didn't win a flag.

never heard of lalor, good luck either way.....good get by sounds of things.

is suridge going to open the bowling or lalor, who's quicker??

Mossy fan it is 'Surridge' get it right pal, why could you not open with both and have arguably the best inform all rounder of the comp Britt 1st change............if everyone at Uniting thinks Lalor will win us a flag (which i doubt they do) then we are in big trouble. I think we should just be looking to improve on last year and push strongly into the 4 and anything can happen after that!

From the $$$ figures i've heard from a very good source to both players in question, i'm wondering who won tattslotto down at Uniting.

The Big Bertha;402360 said:
From the $$$ figures i've heard from a very good source to both players in question, i'm wondering who won tattslotto down at Uniting.

wat figures would they be?

The Big Bertha;402360 said:

Seems to be contagious. Washington had it a few years ago with Pickering, and last season it was West Bentleigh and now its Uniting.

southern sledge;402367 said:
A VTCA player has been offered 5 large, a car and a job to play at Uniting.

It's a lot more than 5 large sledge! Double figures to be precise & it's from the horses mouth. He will be at Uniting with Lalor, good mates with him & they played together at St Kilda CC.

Not Out;402410 said:
It's a lot more than 5 large sledge! Double figures to be precise & it's from the horses mouth. He will be at Uniting with Lalor, good mates with him & they played together at St Kilda CC.

Laughable, why would anyone playing good cricket in Australia need a CAR?

But i guess this is a forum so we are going to here stack loads of untruths and lies on here and innuendo.

Well according to rumours last season CP was on $75K.He was quite disappointed that many kept under stating his income.

Round 13 tips continued:

Geelong
Collingwood
Melbourne

jogitin;402375 said:
Lalor is twice the player pickering was.

Is there any other news?

Yep there's a bigger signing than Lalor i've heard. Bruce Reid & Peter "Peter who?" Taylor to come out retirement & play for Southside.

So who since u know how much money is being thrown round, why not just drop a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back