City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Us. We need to show consitency.
Uniting. Too strong ATM.
Le Page. Good win last week.
Elwood. May be closer than most people think.
Mackie. ANA struggling with personnel.
Juggernaut. Nuff said.

The Mentalist.......... Generally a solid contributor to the forum, but what a load of shit the above is?! On one hand the Gold Caps have had their share of good fortune (which essentially concedes Lalor was as far short of the crease as many have suggested), yet on the other hand the "umpiring was questionable at times..., but didn't 'effect' the overall result".

Get back to us all on the definition of contradiction and let us know how you go.

UM, we have had plenty of run ins over the years but you are 100% correct. It shits me to tears people continually think umpires favour people or teams. The umpires make mistakes, we all do. Everyone involved with a team always have a biased view. Umpires could not give two hoots about results. It's bordering on calling umpires cheats. They make mistakes but believe they are making the right decision at the time. We have all had decisions go for and against us. Let's move on. It's the tall poppy syndrome. The top teams at the time "Get all the good decisions". Everyone needs to open the other eye!!!

My tips and before the rain comes on Saturday night and hopefully not next Saturday either.

Brighton Union v Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park v Carnegie South
West Bentleigh v Kingston Heath
Hampton Central v Elwood
Bentleigh ANA v Mackie
East Sandringham Boys Club v Chelsea Heights

Brighton Union v Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park v Carnegie South
West Bentleigh v Kingston Heath
Hampton Central v Elwood
Bentleigh ANA v Mackie
East Sandringham Boys Club v Chelsea Heights

Uniting - easily....Russell and/or Lalor to get a big one!
Le Page - Huge game for us & we generally have a good battle with these blokes!
West Bentleigh - Casey loves making runs against this mob
Elwood - easily
Mackie - too much media for ANA
East Sandy - Chelsea's batting is very brittle

Round 5 Preview
Guess what? More rain is coming and likely to wash out yet another Saturday of park Cricket. Let’s hope they get the weather forecast wrong as at least four games could go either way…Selections are based on the longer version of the game.
ANA over Golfers just (Must admit I tip the Royals with the same confidence as tipping Richmond, but they are due and should be too strong. Adam Mikkelsen is long overdue for some runs).East Sandy over Elwood by a whisker (Clear match of the round, but the fact remains that ESBC have re-found their mojo this season and their resolve looks as strong as ever. Dallas and Phelan to choke Bunting and co and win a thriller)Uniting over Centrals (The only tip I feel confident about. Could be an outright result if Centrals are rolled over on day one. Lalor to make a big hundred if they bat. Either way, this is a no brainer).West Bentleigh over Carnegie by a nose (Most will differ on this one, but West’s record against the Spiders is very strong and Damien Casey averages around 80 against them. West to post a big score and Carnegie to fall just short).Mackie over Union by a hair (Union’s bowling looks good on paper, but seldom is devastating, hence I suspect big Damien Krotofil is licking his lips in anticipation of a big score. Pothitos is in hot form for the Hoops, but may run out of partners against a disciplined Mackie attack).Le Page over Chelsea just (Five tips that I am not confident about! This is one game where if it becomes a one-dayer, I would be more confident of a Le Page victory. However Chelsea play Beazley Reserve well and bowl a disciplined line, so the Panthers may struggle to post a big score).

Round 5 review

4/6 (17/30 cumulative) – Although clock only has me on 16!

Overrated West Bentleigh yet again their batting becoming a laughing stock outside Damien Casey and Chris Fidler. Glen Gallagher bowled a treat in dying overs, varying his pace and ensuring the Spiders got another important 6 points. I stated in my last column how much trepidation I select ANA with and of course they let me down yet again. Will not select them against anyone until they gain a winning culture, something clearly absent at present. The Golfers were most impressive, scoring with uncharacteristic ease, Nuwan Shiroman the destroyer with a fine 72. Other results went as planned with Uniting, Le Page and Mackie winning comfortably and East Sandy winning a thriller against a (now) struggling Elwood. Unlike ANA, East Sandy nearly always win the close ones and will clearly be in the mix come March.

Round 6 Preview

Looks like the rain may hold out...

Uniting over Union with ease (One wonders whether The Hoops can make it after this expected loss. Ash Russell to fire in his final game for a while).
Le Page over Carn Sth in a thriller (Clear match of the round with both sides playing well due to the exploits of Perera & McConchie. Always go the home side when in doubt).
West over Golfers just (The Cowboys are due for a win, but have almost lost the ability to do so. The Golfers were beaten comfortably at this venue last season and may just fall short. Chopper Reid to take five for and make 50).
Elwood over Centrals just (Questions will be asked if the Woods drop this one, however, their better players have had modest seasons so far and would want to find form against a team desperate to get out of the relegation zone. I’ll give Marshall’s Men one more chance).
Mackie over ANA easily (The Machine are in 'Red Hot' form and seem to have the depth to challenge most sides. Craig Park to fire and cement Mackie in the top 4).
East Sandy over Chelsea with ease (No brainer. Luke Dallas to take 5 for and Corp to ton up as The Juggernaut continue on their merry way).

Good luck to all

Quasi

QM,
Happy to check: 5,4,4,wash out,3=16. Same for anyone else.
I may have allocated an incorrect tip to you, but I will arrange for PWC to audit the account.

Tips as follows
Longy
Uniting, ''hoops not enough in the tank at the moment''
Redbacks, '' still not convinced the panthers are up to it ''
W,Bent , '' due for a win ' the golfers are a week to week
BeachBoys , Centrals are shot
Gold Caps , a good education for the heighters.
Machine, Royals have made changes, the judge out, Big Stu out, interestingly machine will not be at full strength either.

Wooly
Omega,
Union,
Uniting, sorry UM just treading water at the moment.
Westers, this may be closer that we think.
Wash ups, be ready for a lively encounter, traditionally go at each other.
Gardens

UM - Definition of contradiction - 1- deny - 2 be at variance or inconsistent with.

Maybe if you saw all the game you would be better equiped to pass comment rather than listening to your ex teamates version of events.
By the way, i seem to remember some over excessive appealling when you were playing for them that got you wickets when they were clearly not out, so its all part of the game.
You win a few you lose a few, just get on with it.

Lets hope for a dry weekend, good luck to all in what is really important round.

It has nothing to do with me seeing the game. It's about holes in your statement that contradict the point you were trying to make. Care to elaborate on the excessive appealing? Or is this another fallacious attempt to discredit someone else in order to validate your argument? Anyway, enough tit for tat. Uniting are now well & truly the benchmark and I couldn't care less who was in or out on Tuesday night. I simply made the point that observers found the decision favourable for Uniting's golden child. Good luck to him and to the Centenary boys. Just learn a bit about humility with your success.

Sorry Clock. Typed them out Tuesday, but must've forgotten to hit "post reply"

Longmuir
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie Sth
Kingston Heath
Elwood
Mackie
East Sandy

Woolnough
Omega
Brighton Union
Highett West
Hampton Utd
Wash Ups
Aspendale

Army's army. Who I'm told have been dishing out a bit of lip service on the park!

Watched Union bat in Longy yesterday. Gregory batted superbly for his 121. Uniting were very ordinary with their lengths before tea (besides Middlemiss who I thought bowled reasonably well), but as good bowlers do, the openers turned it around and restricted what should've been a score of 300+ to less than 250.

PROTEST UPHELD
As of end of Round 5, tipsters ladder is as follows
Apologies to QM. If anyone else has a query please do not hesitate to ask.

QUASIMODO 17
IF I CAN I WILL 16
JIMMY OLSON 16
POST MORTEM 15
UNCLE MICK 15
BILLY THE KID 14
THE MENTALIST 14
PETER PARKER 14
CLOCKER 14
NORTHCLUBSDPP 13
BRIAN WILSON 13
GOLF 13
ORDINARY BLOKE 12
BURGER 12
BOTTSY 12
P'DOGS PIZZA 12
DR SQUEAK 12

Army's army. Who I'm told have been dishing out a bit of lip service on the park!
quote]

Not sure what you are getting at here UM? I’ve played 150+ senior games in the cmca and i reckon i can count the games where there wasn’t "a bit of lip service" on one hand. Furthermore i assume you were “told” this recently which makes it even more confusing because i haven’t played the last 2 games and i would have thought i was one of our more vocal??

On another note happy to see a new player of ours getting some wickets on Saturday and I reckon the Omega 2’s boys would agree that he would have to be one of the sharpest in Quiney.

Little birdie told me your mob was very chirpy, Army. A little too chirpy for their own good even. Great for cricket if you ask me. Nothing like a bit of banter. Although Chubbs giving Gregory a send off was a bit ordinary on Saturday....

Woolnough

There are some mouth watering encounters scheduled in the New Year and Woolnough promises to provide yet another close finish with teams battling for the double chance. One or two Longmuir teams stuck in the relegation battle will be casting a nervous eye towards Woolnough hoping that the Uniting clan come good and win the flag, thereby providing a respite for another season. The Ommies,Sharks and Botanists will have an alternative view.

Mark Bell continued his stellar season with the bat when he made a 117 for Hampton United. Coming in at 3/38 the Westars would have been well aware that if they could get him quickly they could be going after another outright win. As he progressed no doubt Bottsy would have become concerned and frustrated with good reason as the Big Red continued to get runs and eventually led the Purple and Golds to 188. He wasn’t finished for the day chipping in with a wicket to leave the Westars at 1/18 still with a lot work to do to get the runs. This result is even more important for the Westars as a spot in the top four is at stake.

Omega went along on their merry way compiling 6/266 with contributions from McGaw, Ivan and (Julia) Gillard. They will go through the motions and dismiss the Cowboys for a paltry total ensuring they remain on top of the ladder, undefeated as they celebrate XMAS at the Brick. Ivan seems to be enjoying Woolnough averaging 107 with a highest score of 90. I get the feeling he may crank it up after XMAS and will be keen to make some very big scores against prospective final opponents. Meanwhile ‘Bluey’ McGaw is struggling with an average of 155. Omega meets all of the other potential finals contenders after XMAS so it will be down to business and let’s see if they are the real deal.

Buoyed by the 20/20 success, Bentleigh Uniting took Uncle Mick’s mob to the cleaners compiling a massive 7/313. Uniting are starting to look like an oligopoly with the Manakis brothers making 74 & 66 respectively and then the three Zaia’s all chipping in with handy contributions. One thing you have to congratulate the Uniting boys about is their reproductive prowess. They have a lot more father/sons coming through and will torment opponents for years to come. Maybe time for a draft? There is no truth to the rumor that Uncle Mick has written to the ACCC and requested an investigation into their uncompetitive practices.

Cluden stuck on the bottom of the ladder toyed with the Hoops and should get balance required quickly to defeat them on Saturday. Whether they pursue the outright will depend on what XMAS festivities have been planned back at their ground. I am backing an early finish as the Cluden lads enjoy a frothy or three.

Sugar and his merry band of aging veterans headed off to Shark Park and promptly spent the afternoon doing what veterans detest; fielding balls all day.It was total carnage and no doubts a few of the veterans would have been wondering why they weren’t spending a quiet afternoon at their local watering hole. Mackay, Verrall, Heywood all having a day out. ‘Tex’ will thoroughly enjoy penning his review of the match against what is one of their arch rivals. The Royals on paper still have a batting line up that could cause some angst to the Sharks. The Judge is capable of making a big score as is the now discarded Stuart Campbell and ofcourse Sugar who can be an annoying batsman given his fair share of luck. ( I will not mention Hughes) however they have a lot of work ahead of themselves. Just hope a few of the older fellas can get up for next week.

Aspendale Gardens hosted the Juggernaut at the picturesque Glenn Reserve. The Juggernaut ably lead by the Grumpiest old man in the competition(on the cricket field) compiled a very useful 8/238 and has given the former Juggernaut and new captain for the Botanists, Mr Manders a lot to contemplate this week at training. With all the usual XMAS frivolity in the air it will be very important that they focus otherwise they could drop what could be a very important six points.

Army’s Wanderers after being lambasted for their poor behaviour ran through the 2nd placed Omega line up for 127, and are 4/66 in response with the match evenly poised for a close finish. There is no truth to the rumor that the Wanderers all walk around with recordings of some of Army’s best vernacular and make sure the opposition hear it, even when he is not playing.
They may be a little acid tongued but a great bunch of blokes to have a refreshing ale with after a game.

units
le page
west
cents
mack
easandy

Dr Squeak, wheres the love?? easily.. spare me !!

Ive always got love for you Burgs......but more in winter when we're watching the might Hawks!
And, you guys proved me wrong, which is great.
The old boy Maysie getting 6 for 50....he must have finally got over that hangover from 2 weeks ago when he missed the Big Dogg's 40th.

Back