City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Agree, the 2pm start time is ill informed and should be scapped for next season. Who wants to finish playing cricket at around 7:30 - 8pm ? Do they want lower grade players travelling from their own ground to other grounds at 6:30 to watch an hour of cricket !!!

I would suggest thats exactly what they want. Most 3s / 4s players play on other grounds, but travel back to the 1s ground to the main clubrooms to hear captains reports, have a beer with teammates and reminicise with all club members about their days play. Great idea, wrong implementation. Should have made lower grades start earlier, especially with no juniors this weekend to prevent that from happening.

I would suggest thats exactly what they want. Most 3s / 4s players play on other grounds, but travel back to the 1s ground to the main clubrooms to hear captains reports, have a beer with teammates and reminicise with all club members about their days play. Great idea, wrong implementation. Should have made lower grades start earlier, especially with no juniors this weekend to prevent that from happening.

It suits teams with their 1sts playing at home. If your 1st are away, do the 2nd and 4th players who were playing at home travel from their home ground to away ground for a beer ? What happens to the away teams bar sales ?

Happy New Year all. Tips for this round are:
Us.
The Marshalls.
All Conquering.
Spiders.
The Squeaks.
The Juggernaut.
Congratulations to Josh Manning being the first KHCC graduate to play Premier 1sts. Good luck mate.

You might be lucky enough to catch the 2nd innings where 2 former CMCA cricketers are squaring off in the Big Bash, Squeak.
2pm start is an absolutely ridiculous rule. The idea of games going later than lower grades is a good one, but the brains trust got the implementation very wrong.

Our club actually has 24 tickets to the Big Bash that night that our young 1sts players were keen to get to but that idea has gone out the window. Hopefully they're home in time for the post match review from Greg Blewett, BJ & Roy Symonds!
Sugar, is the Velvet Sledgehammer playing again tomorrow??

Chelsea Heights - tough game to call though. Chelsea's bowlers will see them through.
Mackie - Elwood have let me down too many times this year!!
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Le Page
East Sandy - Union's bats can't buy enough insurance for their bowlers this year.

It will be interesting to hear the fallout from the late finishes on Saturday, especially if any games travel the full journey. It's a big ask for the entire club to stick around for 8.30 - 9pm match reports.

Experiments always attract a bit of flak, but this decision seems to have just missed the mark in regards to the impact of the potential very late finishes - particularly for teams unlucky enough to be playing away.

Round 6 Preview
Uniting over Union with ease (One wonders whether The Hoops can make it after this expected loss. Ash Russell to fire in his final game for a while).Le Page over Carn Sth in a thriller (Clear match of the round with both sides playing well due to the exploits of Perera & McConchie. Always go the home side when in doubt).West over Golfers just (The Cowboys are due for a win, but have almost lost the ability to do so. The Golfers were beaten comfortably at this venue last season and may just fall short. Chopper Reid to take five for and make 50).Elwood over Centrals just (Questions will be asked if the Woods drop this one, however, their better players have had modest seasons so far and would want to find form against a team desperate to get out of the relegation zone. I’ll give Marshall’s Men one more chance).Mackie over ANA easily (The Machine are in 'Red Hot' form and seem to have the depth to challenge most sides. Craig Park to fire and cement Mackie in the top 4).East Sandy over Chelsea with ease (No brainer. Luke Dallas to take 5 for and Corp to ton up as The Juggernaut continue on their merry way).
Round 6 Review

A paltry 2/6 (19/36 cumulative) has seen my stocks plummet! Surely the biggest upset of the round was at King George, where the Royals pulled off a last over triumph by one wicket thanks to some heroics from tailenders Andy Lee and Bryce Jansz. The Machine will rue failing to bat out the overs as the extra time ANA had to make the 234 was crucial. A real ‘team’ effort from the Royals who are out of relegation threat for the time being. Elwood reached new lows in being rolled by the Centrals for a meager 111 (only David Shepherd would’ve been content with that score). To then have Hampton make the runs one down rubbed salt into the wound. The return of Steve May has breathed some life into the Centrals and 6 for this round past was just reward for his efforts. Carnegie Sth thrashed Le Page and it is clear I have been underrating them all season. The Schleiger boys doing well for the Spiders. West Bentleigh managed to lose again due to tail about as strong as a wet paper bag. Full credit to the Golfers who bowled an impeccable line in the dying overs to ensure the Cowboys fell just short. Shea Gribben looks to be a star of the future and bowled with maturity beyond his years at the death. The only games that went to script were the comfortable wins to East Sandy and Uniting who look the likely grand finalist at the half way mark. Ash Russell and Brendan Bennett starring for their respective teams. It is great to see that we have a competition where veterans and juniors are firing…

Round 7 Preview

The general rule of thumb is that 42 points (seven wins or the equivalent of) are required to play finals. That being said, we can only rule out the bottom three, but realistically only Mackie Union or Le Page could force their way into March action. The one-day twilight format has had its knockers, but I feel will be a success, especially for the home club. Whether the shorter format and time of day affect any results, only time will tell.

Golfers over Chelsea just (This may well be a thriller with both teams desperate to win, albeit for differing reasons. Will be interesting to see if Anthony ‘Panther’ Reid is back for the Heighters).
Mackie over Elwood just (Should be a thriller at the beach, but the Woods have lost all respect with recent performances. No doubt they will find their mojo seeing I am off them, but the Machine cannot afford to lose pace with the Top 4. Mackie just).
Uniting over West easily (The Doug Quick Shield is a no brainer. Uniting should be asked to bat off a Handicap – say 25 overs only – in order to even this one up as they will do it in a canter. Tom Backman to star).
Carn Sth over Centrals (Too much at stake for the Spiders who are fast becoming the most accomplished outfit outside the top 2. Any Schleiger for high bat).
Le Page over ANA by a whisker (Even after their spirited performance last round, I cannot bring myself to select ANA, particularly when the season is on the line for the Panthers. De Silva to star for the visitors).
ESBCC over Union comfortably (At the beginning of the year, you’d have penciled this in as one of the key fixtures of the season. But depth problems (particularly in their bowling stocks) have seen Union have a less that satisfactory season so far, whilst the Juggernaut seem to be able to handle anyone with the exception of Uniting. Luke Dallas to be a key figure in the game).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Heighters
Mackie
Uniting
Two Blues
Le Page
Union

agree with others, good idea with the theory on late start.. But other grades (from C down,should of started at 12 (considering no juniors this week) could also do it for Rd1 ?(with no jnrs being on?)... still think we should start a week later & have a 1 dayer on Aus Day, maybe 1sts only so then 1s players could go watch lower grades this week/ these players (lower grades) then return the favour on the pub hol? could start games at 12 coz no jnrs as well..

thats one thing that makes it hard, the guys you socialize with 2 night s a week for 6 months, you never get to see them play.. especially if your in the 1s (Longy), becuase our games always finish later (traditionally).. there are some guys at our club i have never seen play a game, have known them for 10+ years... Only chance is finals matches ??

Just a friendly reminder for cricket tips: Mentalist, Bottsy, P’Dogs, OB and Brian Wilson (although I will put you down for Elwood)

Quasi - have a look at UM's tips re: is Panther playing for Chelsea today. Secondly, after elbow surgery prior to Xmas I doubt LD will play this one for the gold caps. Won't be far away from a return.

Seems it's pretty clear the powers that be have got the timing wrong - especially now hearing there are no juniors on. To those who have complained about bar sales, hopefully the CMCA gets this right in the future with the lower grades starting early and the system should even itself out over the journey - with perhaps every club getting 1 of the 2 one dayers per season at home. Or at worst, getting both the following year....

Just a couple of things: 2pm start as stated is ridiculous.....who wants to still be playing cricket at 7.30ish when you could be sinking your 5th can?? No Unlce Mick....Bonbeach Tangy weren't the club it was Chelsea in VTCA who was punching on amongst themselves when on the booze earlier this year. Bonbeach Tangy aren't a bad club.

Tips Round 7.
Kingston Heath
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Le Page
E.S.B.C.

Everyone has been talking about the late start, but what about the bloody time it takes to bowl 80 overs. Came from Premier cricket where 100 overs where bowled in 6 hours. Then go to a Longmuir game where 80 overs took 6 hours 10 minutes. Bloody joke. All the carry on between overs etc...

Heighters
Mackie
Uniting
Two Blues
Le Page
Union

agree with others, good idea with the theory on late start.. But other grades (from C down,should of started at 12 (considering no juniors this week) could also do it for Rd1 ?(with no jnrs being on?)... still think we should start a week later & have a 1 dayer on Aus Day, maybe 1sts only so then 1s players could go watch lower grades this week/ these players (lower grades) then return the favour on the pub hol? could start games at 12 coz no jnrs as well..

thats one thing that makes it hard, the guys you socialize with 2 night s a week for 6 months, you never get to see them play.. especially if your in the 1s (Longy), becuase our games always finish later (traditionally).. there are some guys at our club i have never seen play a game, have known them for 10+ years... Only chance is finals matches ??

Maybe Squeak can update us on how the 2:00pm start went. What was the crowd like at ANA? Bitter pill for them to see their team go down on the second last ball with a six. Well done to Michael Knight!

Well done to BUCC on there state T20 win today against Buckley ridges who have made it to the 'g' twice all ready. BUCC chased down 178 to win in hostile surroundings at Buckley. Needing 40 off 2 bucc got home on the back of lalor 3 consecutive 6's and 114no. Heard it was the best win in BUCC history that puts the boys one win away from the MCG. Great day for the cmca I encourage all cmca people to get behind bucc who represent the cmca. Well done to the boys n shags phenomenal effort.

Well done to BUCC on there state T20 win today against Buckley ridges who have made it to the 'g' twice all ready. BUCC chased down 178 to win in hostile surroundings at Buckley. Needing 40 off 2 bucc got home on the back of lalor 3 consecutive 6's and 114no. Heard it was the best win in BUCC history that puts the boys one win away from the MCG. Great day for the cmca I encourage all cmca people to get behind bucc who represent the cmca. Well done to the boys n shags phenomenal effort.
Thats a great win, because it is very hostile out there and BR play their postage stamp very well.

Truly remarkable feat Brett.

Unfortunately neither Bentleigh Uniting or the Association believe that this match is note worthy of any mention or advertising.Most DDCA clubs had the change of date listed on their website. It is a little difficult for member clubs to get behind Uniting when neither club or Association can be bothered to announce it, especially considering that there are a couple of current an former BUCC members on the Executive including the President. I suppose they did not want to distract everyone from the important 2.00 pm start on Saturday.On the other hand as one BUCC supporter recently told me very recently 'We don't give a s*** about any other club, and its none of their business when we do or don't play'.

Fair enough but don't expect everyone to be rushing to the games.

Southern Metropolitan Region Twenty20 Matches Update

Buckley Ridges' Round 2 Kookaburra Twenty20 Cup match against Bentleigh Uniting at Park Oval, Pultney Street, Dandenong on Sunday 11th December has been postponed until Sunday 8th January 2012 at 2.00pm.

Current Tipping table at the end of Round 7

QUASIMODO 25
IF I CAN I WILL 24
JIMMY OLSON 24
POST MORTEM 24
UNCLE MICK 24
BILLY THE KID 23
THE MENTALIST 22
PETER PARKER 22

GOLF 21
CLOCKER 21
P'DOGS PIZZA 21