City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Yeah well done to the cmca lads n Luke, brilliant effort. Brings backs memory's of my U/21 days playing with some players who have been killing it in Longmuir for years n uncle mick.
Remember making the GF n Barney busting his ankle n on crutches n limped out to bat for us lol.

Clocker have we established your alliance yet?? Or is it to keep it secret so you can pot other clubs n everything good in the association??
Your not short of a word or critisicm either, even relentless at times with unfounded information n Chinese whispers!!

Reclaim your dignity n inform us of your club you call your 2nd home, where does your heart beat true if indeed you have one?? Or are you so cunning n devious that you have been shown the door as I am lead to believe.......Ahh yes I have heard some Chinese whispers myself about our villain in clocker!!

Well done to the CMCA U/21s making the final. Good Luck. Also well done to the U/12 Mitchell Shield on winning the final. Great effort. All rep sides did extremely well.
A big one coming up is the Vic U/18 State Championship final on Monday 23rd January at the MCG. South East Bayside Breakers vs Southern Pioneers. Everyone in the cmca should be proud of these boys as they started their cricket in the cmca.

Josh Manning (Captain) - Kingston Heath C.C.
Josh Drummond (V-Capt) - Bentleigh Uniting C.C.
Comrey Edgeworth - Kingston Heath C.C.
Josh Slater - Kingston Heath C.C.
Alex Bychkov - Omega C.C.
Matt Supree - Mackie C.C.
Peter Cassidy - Washington Park C.C.
Liam Tonkin - Beaumaris C.C.
Matt Davis - Beaumaris C.C.
Jak Jowett - Beaumaris C.C.
Lincoln Edwards - Elsternwick C.C.
Adam Hutton - Hampton C.C.
Erish Uthayakumar - Chelsea Heights C.C.

Wow, heartless, devious, cunning, and a villain all for daring to express an opinion. You forgot to add 'felonious fiend'. Now I have to go out and find a mask and cape. I suppose maroon is out as a color. La libertad!

Well you cunningly tipped toed away from answering the question I put to you, perhaps even done in a devious way, opinions are one thing put when you try n make chives see whispers into facts there not opinions. So who is your club you wear your heart on your sleeve for??

Well you cunningly tipped toed away from answering the question I put to you, perhaps even done in a devious way, opinions are one thing put when you try n make chives see whispers into facts there not opinions. So who is your club you wear your heart on your sleeve for??

Now I am reading between the lines as you obviously got a little excited last night but where have I ‘made Chinese whispers into facts that are not opinions?’ Please elaborate? Sorry running late as i have to get to training. The lads provide me with a list of Chinese whispers they want me to put out there.

Fellow forumites. If you could take the time to vote for Louie Maravis on the link below we'd be most appreciative of it. Some of you will know Louie, but for those who don't, Louie is a cerebral palsy sufferer who has played in our bottom grade side for the past 15 years. Thanks in advance for those kind enough to vote.

Mycricket Awards

Fellow forumites. If you could take the time to vote for Louie Maravis on the link below we'd be most appreciative of it. Some of you will know Louie, but for those who don't, Louie is a cerebral palsy sufferer who has played in our bottom grade side for the past 15 years. Thanks in advance for those kind enough to vote.

Mycricket Awards
Just voted. Good luck. Hope everyone else votes for Louie as well.

Voted. Hes about 80 in front of one of the kids, so lets hope he can pull through and maintain the lead. Looked through the other categories and theres a girl in the volunteer part, with a rather unfortunate nickname.

CMCA UNDER 21s squad for grand final,

Luke Manders ( Aspendale Gardens )
Andrew Birt ( Kingston Heath )
Dylan Rhys - Jones ( Aspendale Gardens)
Ollie Hardaker ( Carnegie South )
Adam Hume ( Chelsea Heights )
James Fisher ( Carnegie South )
Luke Shelton ( Chelsea Heights)
Aaron Gribben ( Kingston Heath )
Nigel Hunt ( Hampton Central )
Nick Hulston ( Carnegie South )
Callum Dodson ( Chelsea Heights )

Well done to the Spiders on locking their finals spot on the weekend.

Current Tipping table at the end of Round 8

QUASIMODO 30
UNCLE MICK 30
JIMMY OLSON 30
BILLY THE KID 29
IF I CAN I WILL 29
POST MORTEM 28
THE MENTALIST 27
PETER PARKER 27
GOLF 26
CLOCKER 26
P'DOGS PIZZA 26
BOTTSY 25
NORTHCLUBSDPP 25
BURGER 23
DR SQUEAK 24
BRIAN WILSON 22

Round 9
Longmuir
Kingston Heath v Mackie
Le Page Park v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Elwood
Carnegie South v East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights v Hampton Central

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association - Longmuir Shield

1 Bentleigh Uniting 45 1.8883
2 ESBClub 45 1.3214
3 Carnegie South 39 1.0836
4 Le Page Park 27 1.0384
5 Kingston Heath 27 0.9947
6 Mackie 27 0.9767
7 Brighton Union 21 1.0275
8 West Bentleigh 15 0.9145
9 Elwood 12 0.7966
10 Bentleigh ANA 12 0.7646
11 Hampton Central 9 0.8374
12 Chelsea Heights 9 0.6585

Round 9
Highett West v Bentleigh ANA
Brighton Union v West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting v Moorabbin West
Cluden v Aspendale Gardens
Washington Park v Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club v Hampton United

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association - Woolnough Shield

1 Washington Park 39 1.8663
2 Omega 39 1.7449
3 Aspendale Gardens 39 1.7160
4 Moorabbin West 34 1.3940
5 Bentleigh Uniting 33 1.4094
6 ESBC 24 0.8743
7 West Bentleigh 24 0.6131
8 Cluden 21 1.0466
9 Highett West 18 0.6498
10 Bentleigh ANA 9 0.8067
11 Brighton Union 6 0.5718
12 Hampton United 6 0.4769

Couple of huge games in Longmuir & Woolnough Shield coming up. The old side hasn't set the world on fire in getting through the season undefeated. With opening stands of 10, 6, 5, 0, 0, 11, 16, Marto will need to find 2 bats that can give him a start over the next month to get the boys up and going for a crack at Uniting in March. Danger game this one against the Spiders who have batted like a yo-yo all season. 3 scores over 200 of which 2 are 250+, but also 4 scores of 152 and under.
At the other end of the table is the battle for the wooden spoon. Centrals have been more consistent and should get home in this one leaving ANA to look over their shoulders for the last couple of rounds. Couple of tough games with Union & Uniting before a Rd.11 game against Centrals to stave off relegation - particularly with the Heights playing Elwood who have been vulnerable this season.
In Woolnough Moorabbin West and Uniting are battling it out for the pretenders vs contenders cup. The loser can book an early trip away. Leaning towards the old enemy on form with Kingston to get amongst it again.
Wash Ups and Omega is a huge one. Before the Xmas break I had the Ommie's in front. In the Highett West fixture they looked to have found their mojo in the field again (aside from the skipper's catching!). However, they do have the wobbles with a loss to the Gardens and scraping home by the skin of their teeth after a big collapse on the weekend. Spongebob's boys seem to be improving as the season goes on and should claim bragging rights.
Looking forward to seeing what the business end throws us up.

Very interesting 3 games remain in Longmuir Shield. The fight for the fourth spot will probably come down to the last game!
Kingston and Le Page have difficult runs home. If Le Page can smeak a win over teh Cold caps in Round 11, they might just make it.
Great to see Justin Greer make his maiden ton on Saturday. Hit all the Kookas bowlers to all parts of the ground at Le Page Park. He may just be one of the better all-rounders going around in the top grade. Maybe 'Golf' can give us his thoughts?

Wouldn't say Greer is one of the better all rounders yet,but will be in the future.

Dallas
Russell
Mc conchie
Bunting
And a few others are a fair bit ahead at the moment

Round 9
Longmuir
Mackie (would not surprise to see the Golfers get up though)
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Hampton Central
Wooly
Highett West
West Bentleigh
Moorabbin West
Aspendale Gardens
Washington Park
East Sandringham Boys Club