Clarke To Retire From Odi's

nairbe

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/mich...ld-cup-final-australia-new-zealand/2015-03-28

Well it was inevitable, Clarke has had a rush of common sense and realised if he is to do anything useful in Test Cricket he has to give away ODI's.
There is no secret around here on what i think of Clarke and i believe we would have done just as well in the World Cup without him, but i am not blind and i do concede that in the pressure moments during the Cup the team has seemed more settled with him there.
What his enduring legacy in Australian Cricket will be i am not sure, but i seriously doubt it will be as one of the great captains.

Probably the right call in terms of his test career, his body is certainly susceptible to injury and this is the way to combat that by withdrawing from ODI cricket. Will be interesting to see if Clarke plays for New South Wales when he is not on test duty.

Probably the right call in terms of his test career, his body is certainly susceptible to injury and this is the way to combat that by withdrawing from ODI cricket. Will be interesting to see if Clarke plays for New South Wales when he is not on test duty.
Definitely a good fitness call. I find it interesting how Australians will give up ODI's and T20 for a longer test career but most players around the world seem to do the opposite. Love Test Cricket.

Looked so focused and fit last night. He knows his body, the medical staff have been advising him all the way. Good call and what a way to retire from ODI's

Definitely a good fitness call. I find it interesting how Australians will give up ODI's and T20 for a longer test career but most players around the world seem to do the opposite. Love Test Cricket.

Definitely shows that they value the most traditional form of the game higher than the one-day versions. It's obviously a great mindset to have, it's pleasing to know that not everyone seems to be focused on making as much money as they can.

It's usually the nature of the injury that determines what they do.

Malinga's back and knees have pretty much gone so T20 are his only option with ODIs at a stretch. Gayle's back keeps getting worse, I watched him at the QF and I could not imagine him playing test cricket in that condition. Vettori carried NZ cricket for about 5 years so it is no wonder his body gave up.

McCullum is probably the best comparison to Clarke, he is also looking at retiring from ODIs so he can concentrate on test cricket.

Back