Cmca 2012/13

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

Current Tipsters Table after Round 4:
BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 16
GOLF 1 5 5 5 16
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 15
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 15
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 15
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 14
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 13
Past hack 2 1 5 5 13
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 13
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 13
Captain Who 2 1 6 3 12
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 12
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 11
No Fox 1 3 5 0 9

I have a few weeks of self imposed exile from the CMCA community to recover from my woeful display of tipping. Am expecting to come back refreshed and razar sharp to claw my way up the tipping later by season's end.

In the meantime Clocker, I give these in the spirit of absolute optimism.

Tips for Round 5
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Washington Park 1 v Brighton Union 1 Packer Park
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Bentleigh Uniting 1 v West Bentleigh 1 Centenary Park
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Chelsea Heights 1 v Bentleigh ANA 1 Beazley Reserve
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Mackie 1 v East Sandringham Boys Club 1 Mackie Road Reserve
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Le Page Park 1 v Carnegie South 1 Le Page Park Oval No.1
17 Nov 12
24 Nov 12 Elwood 1 v Kingston Heath 1 Elwood Park Oval No.1

Tips for Round 6
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 Brighton Union 1 v East Sandringham Boys Club 1 Hurlingham Park Oval No.1
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 West Bentleigh 1 v Bentleigh ANA 1 Victory Park Oval No.1
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 Chelsea Heights 1 v Carnegie South 1 Beazley Reserve
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 Mackie 1 v Kingston Heath 1 Mackie Road Reserve
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 Le Page Park 1 v Washington Park 1 Le Page Park Oval No.1
1 Dec 12
8 Dec 12 Elwood 1 v Bentleigh Uniting 1 Elwood Park Oval No.1

Is the Woolnough Scribe getting around to games? Generous votes in a match a couple of weeks ago and tough on Forbes this week. No disrespect to Harry, but he made nearly half his runs after Uniting had won.

Great game at King George on weekend could Of gone either way.
Uncle Mick your post doesn't surprise anyone , clearly that bloke Harry plays for Uniting and your hatred for them goes without saying .Did you have balls to show up and support your team or were you licking East sandys balls as usual .Maybe you were cleaning walls with Barney .Time for you to put some performances on the park and get your club of the bottom .A few less posts and couple of wickets might improve your credibility

Lads,
Shark Park is hosting another Sportsman's night on Saturday 24th November with Rodney Hogg and Simon Helmot

Rodney Hogg - Former Australian fast bowler and now accomplished corporate speaker....

In his own words: “I was there for the 500 to one, I was there for the 43 cans, I was there for the underarm, I was there for the aluminium bat…” Hoggie has some fascinating stories and a great sense of humour to match.

Simon Helmot - Victorian Assistant coach, and coach of Melbourne Renegades T20.
Simon Helmot began his coaching career early, taking the reins of the Hawthorn-Monash University Cricket Club in Melbourne at 25, while he was still a player. After retiring, Helmot took charge of the Under-19s at the Victorian Institute of Sport and then spent two years coaching the ACT Comets in the Cricket Australia Cup. He returned to Melbourne in 2007 to take up a role as Victoria Bushrangers high performance manager and coached the Australia A side that visited India in 2008. Helmot became an assistant coach under Greg Shipperd at Victoria for the 2008-09 season.
Since 2008-09, Helmot has coached the Victorian Bushrangers in the One Day competition. In that time they have played in three finals, winning the 2010/11 title.
In the 2012/13 season, Helmot will again coach the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League

Come and hear the guys tell of their experiences in playing and coaching. Ask them questions about some of your favourite players and enjoy the Club's famous hospitality!

Cost - $30 her head
Drinks at bar prices
Time: 7.30pm
Plus: Reverse Raffle with $1000 on offer. BBQ roaring.
RSVP: Craig.Naidu@sensis.com.au

I've seen these guys with Nudie and CG this year and they were hilarious!! Helmo's got some very funny videos, and Hoggy - well, enough said - he's a straight shooter and does not hold back!

Should be another great night at Packer.....

Round 5 Tips:
Washington Park v Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting v West Bentleigh
Chelsea Heights v Bentleigh ANA
Mackie v East Sandringham Boys Club
Le Page Park v Carnegie South
Elwood v Kingston Heath

Cluden v Washington Park
West Bentleigh v Bentleigh Uniting
Highett West v Omega
Hampton United v Moorabbin West
East Sandringham Boys Club v Hampton Central
Bentleigh ANA v Aspendale Gardens

Elwood v Kingston Heath

Same as you for me Clock.

Round 5 Tips:
Elwood v Kingston Heath

Cluden v Washington Park
West Bentleigh v Bentleigh Uniting
Highett West v Omega
Hampton United v Moorabbin West
East Sandringham Boys Club v Hampton Central
Bentleigh ANA v Aspendale Gardens

Washington Park
Uniting
ANA. They're travelling pretty well. Heighters yet to click.
East Sandy. May be a close game though.
Spiders. To bounce back after last round. Le Page too dependant on Oshan who seems to be carrying them right now.
Elwood. Lost to the juggernaut last week, but travelling well until then. Too many weapons inc the spin twins. A. Birt out for KH doesn't help their cause. Congrats to Neil McKenzie making his Longmuir debut. Good luck mate, hope you do well.

Woolnough

Washington Park
Uniting
Us. A good win last week, need to continue in that vein.
Westars
Centrals
AG's

Washington Park v Brighton Union - the big week to continue for the Sharks, while lack of depth for Union haunts them.
Bentleigh Uniting v West Bentleigh- by plenty if they bat first
Chelsea Heights v Bentleigh ANA - ANA are making decent scores at the moment, CH rely too much on Ezard.
Mackie v East Sandringham Boys Club - Interesting game, ESBC may not use any subs this week ?
Le Page Park v Carnegie South - Spiders to bounce back this week after a poor effort last game.
Elwood v Kingston Heath - the spin twins to bowl 90% of overs and Elwood to victory.

Round 4 Preview
Mackie over Union but I agree with Jimmy that this is no certainty. If Union can post a score this game could be close, but I feel their depth, or lack of it will again be their Achilles heel. Damien Krotofil is in red hot form and should feast on the Hoops attack.
West over Chelsea just, in what the CMCA public have been waiting over 12 months for, the Marc vs. Anthony Reid grudge match. In reality, Chris Fidler and Stacy Brown for the Cowboys and Brad Lockhart and Shaun Ezard are far more likely to be the defining factors in what should be an intriguing contest.
Uniting over The Golfers by the length of the Flemington straight. Very little interest in this one other than whether Manders can do it with the ball, then again he did take 3 for last week. Can he keep wicket?
Spiders over the Wash Ups easily. Unless there is a complete form reversal from the likes of Ryan Heywood, Washington Park is in for a long season. Rudy Schleiger in an all-round performance.
East Sandy over Elwood just, but only because I never tip against the Juggies at home. Rob De Haan is likely to trouble many of the East Sandy bats, but Guy Martyn is an excellent player of spin and could be the difference in a high quality game.
ANA over Le Page, however, this is the type of game the Royals have dropped over the years, one on paper that they seemingly cannot, so I give the Panthers some hope, particularly if Mick De Iacovo gets going

Round 4 Review

4/6 (14/24 cumulative) was a fair, however unspectacular return with the Wash Ups celebrating not only the debut of Alumni, Rob Quiney, but their first Longmuir win in a few seasons with a dominant display against the Spiders. Gareth Finney impressed with the ball and Anthony Verrall with the bat as the Sharks played with the unity that has seen them attain much success in lower grades in recent times. Could be a costly loss for Carnegie, who have temporarily lost pace with the leading bunch. The other upset (albeit minor) occurred at Victory Park where the Cowboys put in another pitiful batting display save for Brett Stevens and Stacy Brown. The Heighters can thank a stellar all-round performance from Shaun ‘Alan’ Ezard who is evidently one of the more consistent performers in the competition. A ‘Michelle’ and a half ton in a game of cricket is a rare achievement and only in the CMCA could he miss a three voter come Vote Count Night. Mackie are simply purring. I feel they have slipped under the radar of most pundits of CMCA cyberspace and that is just the way they like it. Lack of depth exposed at the Hoops again. Ash Russell and Simon Richards ensured a swift demolition of the Golfers as Uniting’s star studded cohort marches on. Ditto, East Sandy who firmly brought the Beach Boys back to earth with a typically dominant display. Easily the match of the round took place at King George where a far more spirited Le Page line-up almost stole the points against ANA thanks to a fine knock from Oshan De Silva. Only a herculean effort from Brad Dolman - 30 overs – secured ANA the points.

Round 5 Preview

Wash Ups Over Union just (Real flip of the coin, but will stick with the home side due to Brighton’s lack of depth in batting. Surely Ryan Heywood is due for some runs or a bag of wickets, however Covey will make sure it is not one way traffic at Packer Park)..

Uniting over West by plenty (If West Bentleigh salute here I will cut Mark Missen’s lawn with nail scissors! It is a case of four out all out at Victory Park and even if Uniting have a shocker they should win the Doug Quick Shield easily. Glen Lalor to ton up if Uniting bat first).

ANA over Chelsea just (This may turn out the closest contest of the round as the Heighters will not give up the points easily. I reckon the winner might come from who bats first and if Biggsy calls correctly, I will tip him to make a big score. Worry for ANA is batting out the overs and Shaun Ezard will ensure they struggle to do this).

East Sandy over Mackie just (Mackie are one of the few teams in the competition who have not been intimidated by the Juggies over the years and hence their reasonable record, however, Guy Martyn has East absolutely humming after a slow start and I expect them to show why they are joint favourites for the flag. I have a feeling this may be Cracker Devereaux’s match).

Le Page over Carnegie just (Intriguing contest this one as we have a favoured team on the rebound against a developing nation who have so far underachieved. I am going to side with the home team only because the Panthers are not nearly as bad as their ladder position would suggest. Going to make the relegation battle even more interesting after Mick De Iacovo does it with both bat and ball).

Elwood over the Heath easily (The Beach Boys play their home ground very well and Rob De Haan will rip through the Golfers top order, particularly if they just try to bat time).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Longmuir Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandy
Carnegie South
Elwood
Woolnough Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting