Us.

Round 10 selections

Brighton Union v Elwood
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park
Chelsea Heights v Kingston Heath
Mackie v Carnegie South
East Sandringham Boys Club v Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA v Washington Park

Brighton Union v Elwood - danger game for Elwood. Need a win to keep their faint finals hopes alive. Should do so comfortably with the big ground suiting the spinners.
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park - Brown will need more of last week's effort and a few passengers to move into the cockpit with him if West are to avoid the ignominy of relegation. Le Page have been competitive in their last 3 matches and I think they will break the duck here. Young guns Greer & De Iacovo will be well supported by Dr Squeak.
Chelsea Heights v Kingston Heath - showed what they're capable of last round. Shelton seems to be getting his act into gear. Expect him & the Heighters to continue the good form.
Mackie v Carnegie South - match of the round and a finals berth at stake. Serious pressure on the loser here. Favouring the home side....just. More wickets for Park & Kinsella.
East Sandringham Boys Club v Bentleigh Uniting - though mathematical, I don't think East can make finals from here, but a win will keep it interesting. There will be some serious mental scars when the gold caps make it 3 from their last 3 outings against the next-gen juggernaut. A mentally fragile Manders will struggle against his old side like he did in Wooly last year, but big games from Lalor & Russell will make it a contest.
Bentleigh ANA v Washington Park - standout season for ANA who are a genuine contender now and kudos to Dolman on the run of 5 fors. May it continue.

Longmuir Shield
Elwood
Le Page
Chelsea Heights
Carnegie South
East Sandringham
Bentleigh ANA

Woolnough Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton Central
Moorabbin West
Omega

Round 9 Preview
Wash Ups over Elwood just (Like many others on this forum, I have given up on the Beach Boys, Verrall and Oaten to be the match winners for the home side)

Mackie over West just (I do not believe in hoodoo's, but if I did this would be the one. Seven seasons of Longmuir and no wins for the Machine against the Cowboys! However, equally significant is that Rusty Homes is no longer with West and he was normally the difference in these encounters. Craig Park and Colin Kinsella to expose the Cowboys brittle batting yet again).

East over Chelsea (The Juggies will be hoping West Bentleigh will keep the run against Mackie going, because if they do, East Sandy will be in the four come Saturday week. I'm sure the Chisholm Reserve stalwarts such as John Jones would've loved Anton Duddy's significant contribution with the bat last time out. Juggies easily here).

Uniting over Carn Sth just (Match of the day for sure and I am not quite sure why some out there in CMCA circles still doubt the Spiders, as their bowling is the equal of any team in the competition from a discipline perspective. Question marks still persist over their batting depth and this will be the difference in this intriguing Round 9 fixture. I'd be surprised if Simon Richards failed again and Chubbs is Due to take a bundle of wickets. Pereira and Lewis the keys to the Spiders success).

Golfers
over Le Page just ( The Panthers simply have to win, but have seldom looked likely in 2012/13 so how could you tip them? Nuwan Shiroman showed great poise last week and if he can continue this form against Le Page, they should have no issue in this one).

ANA over Union easily ( The Royals have exceeded even my expectations for the season so far, based on disciplined batting, meticulous bowling and vigour in other field. Union are captained passionately by the sublimely talented Darian Kuzma, but he may have to 'ton up' for The Hoops to go close).

Round 9 Review

3/6 (32/54 cumulative) as my horror year of tipping continued with an Upset at Beazley Reserve coupled with a return to form from Elwood. Add to the mix a recalcitrant sprinkler at Lord’s Reserve and I achieved another mediocre total. The Heighters have all but settled the final four, and significantly denied East Sandy any realistic chance of being involved in March. Great to give someone else an opportunity, but is it the end of an era? Elwood ended the faint finals hopes of the Wash Ups with a hard fought win at Packer, Jones and Bunting the key contributors for the Beach Boys. Elsewhere, there was heartache for the Panthers who are still to break their duck after the Golfers just claimed victory with a wicket to spare. Full credit to the Golfers whose prize recruit Nuwan Shiroman got them home with a fine 84. Mackie got their mojo back with their first ever win over the Cowboys in Longmuir Shield thanks to an all-round performances from Col Kinsella and Craig Park. West Bentleigh now face a do or die clash against Le Page Park to remain in this grade. ANA continue to find form that few predicted back in October, Biggsy must be at short odds to Captain the Knight Sports team of the year.

Round 10 Preview

Elwood over Union just (The Beach Boys have underachieved this season and require an outright to be a chance for finals. However, the Hoops are not as bad as many had predicted and will fight this one right to the end. Rob De Haan to spin Elwood to victory).

Le Page over West Bentleigh just (You could not pick the Cowboys to win a game of Pick-up Sticks, far less a game of Cricket. Their batting is appalling and their bowling whilst okay at the top falls away quickly. Mind you their opponents form line is just as bad and the Panthers lack the strike bowler to finish off opponents. Still they were desperately unlucky last week and have been in the better form of these two since Christmas. Should be a cracker and I don’t expect West to lie down easily. Greer and De Iacovo to continue their good form).

Chelsea over Golfers just (Absolute flip of the coin this one. Chelsea have shown that they can play excellent Cricket, but have shown this far too seldom in a year where they were predicted to improve. Still, a win over the Juggies is never easy and on this basis I must tip them by a smidgin over a Kingston Heath outfit that are very difficult to line up for form. Shane Ezard to be the match-winner).

Mackie over Spiders just (See the previous review as this is another fixture I hold no firm view on. These two sides will almost certainly meet again in the first semi and this game will determine which ground that game is played at. Craig Park to collect another five for).

Uniting over ESBC easily (East Sandy need an outright against a team that most struggle to dismiss once, so in the process of playing aggressive Cricket, their disposition may be reckless resulting in a bad loss. Luke Manders and Luke Cody to continue their fine form from the U.21 carnival).

ANA over WP easily (I was one of the few who selected The Royals to make the four and Keith Biggs is one of the best bats in the comp so he is likely to feast on the mediocre Wash Ups attack. ANA to post a big score and dismiss the Sharks for less than 150.)

Good luck to all

Quasi

Big game on weekend with east sandy
Needing outright to get into finals .
Uncle Mick to open bowl and bat because he is that good,
Just ask him
Ana to continue great form and become flag favourites .

Tips after Round 10:

Current Tipsters Table after Round 10:

BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 5 4 5 6 3 5 44
GOLF 1 5 5 5 5 4 5 4 4 5 43
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 2 6 40
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 5 4 5 5 2 5 39
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 4 4 4 2 4 6 39
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 5 4 4 4 4 6 38
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 4 4 5 5 1 4 38
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 4 5 4 4 3 4 37
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 5 37
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 4 5 4 2 0 5 32
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 5 0 3 3 3 0 27

Longmuir

Round 11:

Washington Park v West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting v Brighton Union
Kingston Heath v East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South v Bentleigh ANA
Le Page Park v Chelsea Heights
Elwood v Mackie

Woolnough

Round 10:

Cluden v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens v Moorabbin West
Hampton Central v Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club v Highett West
Bentleigh ANA v Hampton United

Huge roar at our club Saturday night when we heard East Sandy choked in the final overs giving Uniting the win and ending ESBC finals hopes. I imagine all clubs and the CMCA looking forward to a finals series played in good spirits minus the boorish and unsportsman like behaviour of East Sandy players and supporters evident last season.
Now official. East Sandy Ordinary Blokes
Ordinary Cricket Team

Huge roar at our club Saturday night when we heard East Sandy choked in the final overs giving Uniting the win and ending ESBC finals hopes. I imagine all clubs and the CMCA looking forward to a finals series played in good spirits minus the boorish and unsportsman like behaviour of East Sandy players and supporters evident last season.
Ordinary Cricket Team

East Sandy have been the bench mark club for a long time. Could quite possibly be the one of the greatest era's any club has had in the cmca. I have no doubt east sandy will bounce back next year. They play hard cricket and thus why they have been successful. As for blokes 99% of them are rippers like every club there is always a small percentage of guys not liked.

Ordinary Cricket Team

No issue with Sandy blokes at all. Remarkable record over a sustained period that will never be beaten. Like everything it was destined to end eventually. Have earnt the right to have a bit strut about themselves I reckon.

However just wonder what the haters would say if it were BUCC, ANA, WP or another club that went from 3/120 and then 6/180 chasing 197 to be all out in the last over for 192. The C word gets thrown around far too much for mine and sometimes you just need to acknowledge the opposition (East Sandy 2011/2012 Longy GF)

So some credit to BUCC here. Have been way below their best for a few rounds now. Against East Sandy on their track with so much at stake this was a decent win by the Lions.

Sweet F All on here. Only 10 more sleeps till round 1. Any early predictions for contenders & prentenders? Obviously its early but no harm in conversation and debates in peoples thoughts for the upcomming season. Also to note 2 one dayers to start the year makes it very intetesting as it can be very hit and miss in those contests.

Anywhoo my predictions (mine not yours, so disagree if u may:

Longy: cant go past BUCC... i would put my next weeks salary which isnt much, on ESBC v BUCC Replay grand final Is there a more successful club in australia than ESBC?? But BuCc for me.

Wooly: BUCC again just because of their depth. Aspendale Gardens to struggle after Gf appearebce last season. Ps im not a member of bentleigh uniting

Quiney: LePage to hit back after Terrible batting preformance in last years granny which cost them big time.

D Grade: Surely southside cant choke again after dominating this grade recently surely its their year. My smokey though be Shamrock. Small club but heaps of talent.

Would love to hear all your predictions.
So predict away.... :)

Updated PREMIERSHIP TIPS
Gee... According to my tips I would have lost one weeks wage on bucc v ESBCC longy GF. Just as well im not earning the big bucks. Although tipped BUCC from he start and even though a few unconvincing past rounds still backing them to go onto the big dance and win it... Just to much depth. BUCC V ANA granny my tip. Massive r11clash Elwood v Mackie.

WOOLY:
Omega outright favorites. Dominated all year. Only concern Aaron Gregory, as massive a year his had with the bat. Scoring 0 & 2 in last two digs... Not the best time for their star opener to start having a form slump. Ive got a gut feeling moorabbin west might upset them in the gf and be playing with the big boys next year in longy.

QUINEY:
Anyone's guess. So tight from 1st all the way down to 6th. But going off some strong batting performances I'm going to back BUCC to beat Elwood just with the amount of depth they've got in that club. And some seasoned cricketers.

D GRADE: just for shits and giggles and only going off scores thru my cricket which I love flicking through each grade on a Sunday Argo. Looks like East Sandy is the team to beat with some great batting performances in recent matches. Although south side and good old Shamrock seem to be good bowling sides, bundling out oppositions for low scores on a regular basis. East sandy looks to good though.

Love to hear your thoughts?

Definitely a ANA vs Uniting grand final , Biggsy vs Glen . An up and coming star vs and old veteran .
If east sandy was in that position on Saturday and virtually had game wrapped up that is a massive choke . Maybe they got a bit of there on medicine on the field .Bucc have now tipped the ledger 3 to 2 back in there favour over the last few years against the gold caps .They probably tried to cheat and sneak Uncle Mick out to bat .He was last seen crying on Martos shoulder. The finals series will be played by teams with a bit class and sportsmanship.

It would be a brave man to tip otherwise. ANA & Moorabbin West have reasonable claims though. For mine, Omega are the best Woolnough Shield side I've seen in a long while - granted I didn't see Chelsea Heights in their 1 year. They bat deep and have a well-rounded attack.

I will through something up for debate. Uncle Mick spot on about Omega. It helps them that they have 3 or 4 players that have played alot of Longmuir finals cricket in the past few years. Cant see them getting beaten. How do you think they might travel in longy considering how teams have fared poorly over the last few years with the jump up? Elwood in the 80's and West Bentleigh 10 yrs ago are the best teams I have seen in Woolnough over the years and they both were more than competitive when they were promoted.

Geez it has exploded on here recently.....
ANA should make the GF and play Uniting which should be a ripper! Biggsy the best bat & Dolman the best bowler this year.
A couple of Big Doggs there!

Back