Cmca 2012/13

For whats its worth, I have a feeling that Carnegie south are a big show to make the grand final, even though their batting is hit or miss, they arguably have the best bowling attack in the comp and will have hopefully learnt alot from their finals debarkle last year. Even though ANA have had a super season they rely too heavily on Biggs (with bat), Dolman & Lee (with ball), if they guys struggle ANA may struggle. Just my 2 bobs worth.

Only time will tell what will happen in finals.... The great thing is we have no pressure on us, no one really expected the year we have had, we set our own expectations and We are just enjoying our selves and as cliche as it is, one week at a time. We havent been in finals for a while and uniting are the bench mark with their own pressures, Carnegie played last year and will have their own expectations. We are just wrapped to be gaining some finals experience as we continue building this side.

Richards has been the best bat this year... Two hundreds.. Fair year by Richo. And as for the knight sport award hard to go past de haan and Craig park.. But will be an interesting count. You never know but I recon it will come down to the wire!!!

Longmuir.
Washington Park. Massive game for Fids' boys, but I think that WP has a too much depth and will want to finish off their first season back into Longy well.

Bentleigh Uniting. Too much quality.

East Sandy. KH caused a shock last year by beating ES last year. Can't see that happening again, but stranger things have happened.

ANA. Just. The Spiders' bowling v Biggsy and the ANA bats. Should be a close one.

Le Page. I don't have any real justification, only a gut feeling.

Elwood. A mini GF for both sides. Home ground advantage should be enough.

Woolnough.

Uniting. Too stong.

Washington Park. As above.

Omega. A hard game as Centrals have some quality cricketers, but we're playing some pretty good cricket right now.

Westars. Tuning up for Finals.

East Sandy. Toss of the coin.

ANA.

Luck last round. It will be for one of Elwood or Mackie to see who can grab 4th spot and West Bentleigh or Le Page as to who avoids relegation.

A one day game to finish off the home and away season may bring some upset results.

Round 11:

Washington Park v West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting v Brighton Union
Kingston Heath v East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South v Bentleigh ANA
Le Page Park v Chelsea Heights
Elwood v Mackie

Good luck to all teams as some prepare for the finals while the others get set for Mad Monday.

Longmuir

Washington Park

Bentleigh Uniting
East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South

Le Page Park
Elwood

Woolnough
Bentleigh Uniting
Washington Park
Moorabbin West
Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club

Hampton United

Washington Park v West Bentleigh - disappointing year for the Cowboys. 6pm Saturday can't come quick enough.
Bentleigh Uniting v Brighton Union - Chubbs to fire up in time for finals. And surely T Brisbane comes in?!Kingston Heath v East Sandringham Boys Club - Cracker to finish the year with a big one (pardon the pun!).
Carnegie South v Bentleigh ANA - ANA to make a statement it's a 2 horse race.
Le Page Park v Chelsea Heights - Shelton the difference. Le Page to stay up by percentage.
Elwood v Mackie - bowling will book them a finals berth.

Some big games in Woolnough.
Bentleigh ANA v Hampton United - Belly has a history of standing up when needed. Big job to pull his team out of a huge rut, but across the board you'd have the think ANA can get the job done and keep their spot for 2013/14. Marshy with runs.
Hampton Central v Omega - Maysie is in ripping form, but I just don't think it'll be enough to get past Omega. I still feel there will be an upset though and they'll cling to 4th spot.
Aspendale Gardens v Moorabbin West - Kingston is a bowling machine. Will have 40+ wickets heading into finals.
West Bentleigh v Washington Park - Gorrie to have a big one in game 301.
Cluden v Bentleigh Uniting - Cluden are Jeckyll & Hyde. Their bowling is arguably the best in the grade. Their batting the worst.
East Sandringham Boys Club v Highett West - Kookas to salute in the Uncle Mick Plate (face).

Round 10 Preview
Elwood over Union just (The Beach Boys have underachieved this season and require an outright to be a chance for finals. However, the Hoops are not as bad as many had predicted and will fight this one right to the end. Rob De Haan to spin Elwood to victory).
Le Page over West Bentleigh just (You could not pick the Cowboys to win a game of Pick-up Sticks, far less a game of Cricket. Their batting is appalling and their bowling whilst okay at the top falls away quickly. Mind you their opponents form line is just as bad and the Panthers lack the strike bowler to finish off opponents. Still they were desperately unlucky last week and have been in the better form of these two since Christmas. Should be a cracker and I don’t expect West to lie down easily. Greer and De Iacovo to continue their good form).
Chelsea over Golfers just (Absolute flip of the coin this one. Chelsea have shown that they can play excellent Cricket, but have shown this far too seldom in a year where they were predicted to improve. Still, a win over the Juggies is never easy and on this basis I must tip them by a smidgin over a Kingston Heath outfit that are very difficult to line up for form. Shane Ezard to be the match-winner).
Mackie over Spiders just (See the previous review as this is another fixture I hold no firm view on. These two sides will almost certainly meet again in the first semi and this game will determine which ground that game is played at. Craig Park to collect another five for).
Uniting over ESBC easily (East Sandy need an outright against a team that most struggle to dismiss once, so in the process of playing aggressive Cricket, their disposition may be reckless resulting in a bad loss. Luke Manders and Luke Cody to continue their fine form from the U.21 carnival).
ANA
over WP easily (I was one of the few who selected The Royals to make the four and Keith Biggs is one of the best bats in the comp so he is likely to feast on the mediocre Wash Ups attack. ANA to post a big score and dismiss the Sharks for less than 150.)

Round 10 Review

5/6 (37/60 cumulative) was a reasonable effort in a year that I would rather forget in relation to prognostications, only the Machine let me down, but really I have under-rated the Spiders for much of the season. Schleiger and Noombie this tine the destroyers of Mackie’s middle order which has been exposed far too often for their liking. Nine wickets from the Spin Twins at ‘Big Hurly’ was more than enough to ensure Union was kept to a modest total, Covey made them earn it, but The Woods were too strong. Elsewhere we had close contests with the notable exception of Chelsea’s crushing win over the Golfers. The Juggies went agonisingly close against Uniting, yet depth and class ultimately prevailed. 18 years of Longmuir Finals action has come to an end. What an epic stat! The Wash Ups were valiant against the Royals, but Biggsy got them over the line, whilst the relegation plot has only thickened with 31 wickets falling at Victory Park. Le Page and The Cowboys yet again showed why they are equal bottom; they have few batsmen that can build an innings. 1.5% is all that separates these two and 20 odd runs or a couple of wickets this week could make all the difference.

Round 11 Preview

Wash Ups over Cowboys comfortably (Try as they might, West Bentleigh probably deserve to be relegated and even though the one-day format suits them better, you cannot see them making more than 150 runs. Cleary and De Silva to do the damage for the home side).

Uniting over Union just (One dayers are never lay down misere’s so I suspect we will see some upsets this round. However, who on earth would tip one here? Union to give a little but Lalor and Russell to cash in on the second string bowlers).

ESBC over The Golfers just (I want to select The Heath here, but I cannot bring myself to do so. I feel The Juggies may be flat after last week’s near miss, but they still have many multiple premiership players in their team and someone like Anton Duddy or Cracker is likely to pounce).
Carn Sth over ANA just (I have under-rated the Spiders all year and they will most probably lose as I have tipped them, but I maintain that their bowling depth is better than the Royals and this could prove the difference. John Collison to clean up).
Chelsea over Le Page just (With percentage so even a narrow loss may be enough for the Panthers to stay in Longmuir, but they will no doubt be thinking positively. The Heighters won comfortably last time out and have that blend of youth and experience that should see them do enough. Won’t be a walk in the park for them though).
Elwood over Mackie (The finals actually begin tomorrow as suddenly The Beach Boys can pinch 4th place with a win at home to Mackie. Should be a cracking contest, but I will lean towards quality spin – Chawla and De Haan - over quality quicks - Kinsella and Park just. Damien Krotofil’s contribution will be crucial as always and the Machine’s finals hopes possibly rest on his bat).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Merv Hughes will be the special guest speaker at the CMCA Presentation night.

Quasi, I think LPP beat Heights by 8 or 9 wickets in their last Longy match up.

Longmuir Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
East Sandringham
Bentleigh ANA
Le Page Park
Elwood

Woolnough Shield
Bentleigh Uniting
Washington Park
Moorabbin West
Omega
East Sandringham
Bentleigh ANA

carnegie south VS bentleigh ANA has been moved to caulfield park for todays game. one day we will get to play on a decent ground biggsy, hopefully in a few weeks.
im gonna pick the machine to knock off elwood in a ripper contest today, park and park to do their usual and buddah will make runs.
dolman will be a strong chance to take the league medal with s.richards and gihan perera to be a decent show. my roughy is rudi schlieger, 200 runs opening the bat and 20 wickets opening the bowling.
ill pick my premier after today, looking forward to seeing how ANA have come along.
hard to pass uniting over but the spiders are on song and mackie have depth with the bat and ball.

on a side note; it sucks to talk relegation, especially when the two teams not only have good players but also belong to two of my favorite clubs. im not going to pick or hope one way or the other, but they will both recover in the next few and be back in the fray when the youth is a bit older.

Final Tipsters Table after Round 11:

BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 5 4 5 6 3 5 5 49
GOLF 1 5 5 5 5 4 5 4 4 5 5 48
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 2 6 6 46
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 5 4 5 5 2 5 4 44
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 4 4 4 2 4 6 4 43
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 4 4 5 5 1 4 5 43
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 5 5 42
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 5 4 4 4 4 6 0 38
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 4 5 4 4 3 4 3 40
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 4 5 4 2 0 5 4 36
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 5 0 3 3 3 0 0 27

Finals Week: 1

Longmuir

Bentleigh Uniting-v-Royals
Carnegie South-v-Beach Boys

Woolnough

Omega-v-Westars
Bentleigh Uniting-v-Wash Ups

Quiney

Beach Boys-v-Bentleigh Uniting
Omega-v-Carnegie South

You couldn't help but get the impression that the Royals didn't take round 11 too seriously with Biggsy batting himself at number 9. I know that the points for the round were meaningless to both teams in regards to finals positions, but were they trying to rest up for next week and keep a few cards up their sleeves? #tanking

You couldn't help but get the impression that the Royals didn't take round 11 too seriously with Biggsy batting himself at number 9. I know that the points for the round were meaningless to both teams in regards to finals positions, but were they trying to rest up for next week and keep a few cards up their sleeves? #tanking

Strip them of their points.. Dissolve the club, we'll take Biggsy and Dolman.. :D

It's finals time, but why so dead on here. Usually it's buzzing with predictions, and some good old banter.
Don't be shy fellas.... LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Cricket ..... LIFT!!!!!!

For wat it's worth congrats to all finalist. Some cracker games to come.

LONG:
B/Uniting to def ANA
Elwood to upset Carnegie

WOOL:
Omega to Def Moorabbin West
B/Uniting to def Sharks

QUINEY:
B/Uniting v Elwood. (flip of the coin both games in QUINEY)
Omega v Carnegie Sth. (what a magnificent and equal grade QUINEY is)

D:
ESBC to def Southside
Irish Shamrocks to def Hampton Central

Back