Cmca 2012/13

Well done to Collo and the Carnegie Sth boys, extremely disciplined bowling attack that just strangled us.
Gallagher turning back the clock and bowled very well, terrific fielding and we simply weren't good enough..
Disappointing end to the season.

Good luck to ANA and Carnegie Sth this week, should be a very good match.
Biggsy vs Nagging Line and length bowling..
Flip a coin.

Usual drama over finals venues hearing a number of clubs unhappy.
Would have thought ANA, Moorabbin West and Uniting had earned the right to host home prelims?
Instead profit from canteens going to ramdom clubs.
The Big Heads at CMCA preach best grounds but do the clubs really want this?
Home ground is fair and easy logic to follow.

CMCA beware a groundswell revolt against this unjust policy next season

Usual drama over finals venues hearing a number of clubs unhappy.
Would have thought ANA, Moorabbin West and Uniting had earned the right to host home prelims?
Instead profit from canteens going to ramdom clubs.
The Big Heads at CMCA preach best grounds but do the clubs really want this?
Home ground is fair and easy logic to follow.

CMCA beware a groundswell revolt against this unjust policy next season

The theory is that first week they try to play at higher teams home grounds and then for PF & GF play at best available grounds which seems reasonable (obviously last year many of the best grounds were not available for finals but there is a bevy of riches this year with most grounds in tip-top nick). There is also situations where Melb Hellenic have 2 teams in so they put them side by side at Le Page. I think they do a pretty good job of balancing the scales. Better than '94 where we (Hamp United) finished top and played Cluden who finished 4th at Cluden. Yes we got smashed and yes, still bitter.
Tips for week
Carn.South in a coin flip
Moorabbin West
Omega
ESBC
Hamp Central
Elwood
Asp.Gardens
Mackie
Coffee Makers

Another great knock by Biggsy on weekend
Surely best bat in comp at moment . Should beat Carnegie this weekend and have another crack at Uniting .

The theory is that first week they try to play at higher teams home grounds and then for PF & GF play at best available grounds which seems reasonable (obviously last year many of the best grounds were not available for finals but there is a bevy of riches this year with most grounds in tip-top nick). There is also situations where Melb Hellenic have 2 teams in so they put them side by side at Le Page. I think they do a pretty good job of balancing the scales. Better than '94 where we (Hamp United) finished top and played Cluden who finished 4th at Cluden. Yes we got smashed and yes, still bitter.
Tips for week
Carn.South in a coin flip
Moorabbin West
Omega
ESBC
Hamp Central
Elwood
Asp.Gardens
Mackie
Coffee Makers

I couldn't agree more Jimmy about using the best grounds available for Preliminary Finals and Grand Finals. Also the LePage grounds if two teams from the same club are playing. This notion of getting the canteen/bar sales is a nonsense as most clubs bring there own and do not support the canteen at the game venue. Straight Bat, two of the 3 clubs you mentioned are the worst offenders in the comp over the years for this practice. Bringing there own drinks etc and even going up to local shops buying food.

The league has lost it.

How can BUCC have teams still in the top 3 grades and G grade in finals and not one side playing at Centenary park, Infact there is no senior cricket there at all this weekend. To top it off the 2nds are at Mackie, 3rds at Hurlingham and 5ths at Kingston, well spread apart......it's a joke, BUCC worked hard to make finals and should recieve the benefit of canteen sales, admittedly the ground is not in the best shape but our 5ths could of played there. Disgraceful.

Any other clubs hard done by?

No they don't, but they pay for the afternoon teas supplied to umpires and both teams, drinks for both teams and umpires, line marking, chalk, sawdust etc... for both days of play.

Not necessarily. We provided tea for the final we hosted at a neutral ground last weekend. Even drank their booze after the host set up their own camp during Woolnough finals the past 2 seasons. It's about time clubs took some ownership and stopped wheeling out the age old line that opposition clubs do it to them.

My thoughts, going through both teams player for player(royals&redbacks)royals have had 2 players stand out where the Redbacks have had a more even balance team( don't rely on one or two players). My question to myself is if Biggs fails against nagging lines is that it for the royals.
Watched a great spinner in rdh and seems like know one in cmca can play him?

haha.. cheers Nice. Scotty Handley plays me pretty well, have not been able to dismiss him in the last 3 years.. Quite Annoying really..

"Straight Bat, two of the 3 clubs you mentioned are the worst offenders in the comp over the years for this practice. Bringing there own drinks etc and even going up to local shops buying food." - Fair point there BTK

"How can BUCC have teams still in the top 3 grades and G grade in finals and not one side playing at Centenary park, Infact there is no senior cricket there at all this weekend. To top it off the 2nds are at Mackie, 3rds at Hurlingham and 5ths at Kingston, well spread apart......it's a joke, BUCC worked hard to make finals and should recieve the benefit of canteen sales, admittedly the ground is not in the best shape but our 5ths could of played there. Disgraceful." - Brett, why should your 5ths (or any of your other teams) get a home final over the team that finished higher than them, hence neutral ground of highest standard or mitigating factor such as multiple final club being placed at a multiple good ground venue (LPP). the only one who might have a legit gripe is Shamrock but they will just be happy to be playing on a real ground.

"My thoughts, going through both teams player for player(royals&redbacks)royals have had 2 players stand out where the Redbacks have had a more even balance team( don't rely on one or two players). My question to myself is if Biggs fails against nagging lines is that it for the royals."
- It won't be tight lines that gets Billy out the way he is batting, it will be a good pill. Can't spilt these 2 teams, just think the Redbacks ringers might fire.

If Biggsy makes another 70 odd and can have some support like he had with Lloyd last week.. think they'll get over the line.. think ANA's tail is slightly stronger than Carnegies, Lloyd and Dolman can easily score 30+ each..
But Carnegie's bowling line up is so disciplined. Its a really tough one to call..

ANA $1.85
Spiders $1.90

Sometimes it doesn't have to be a good ball? Pressure can do funny things and billy has a lot of it on his shoulders( or hand haha). Redbacks ringers have pressure to no score by them and Redbacks will find it hard.Royals bats also seem down not many scores in last couple games and only 6 wickets last couple. Redbacks have failed with bat last time. Both teams a bit down on form. Will be there to watch a game that I'm sure will be a willing encounter. I hear no love lost. Glen Lalor and ash Russell for spin.Rdh can le page come back to finals next year.
If Biggsy makes another 70 odd and can have some support like he had with Lloyd last week.. think they'll get over the line.. think ANA's tail is slightly stronger than Carnegies, Lloyd and Dolman can easily score 30+ each..
But Carnegie's bowling line up is so disciplined. Its a really tough one to call..

ANA $1.85
Spiders $1.90
Rdh how about if the Redbacks pom and little sri lakan fire. I heard they as good as anyone in cmca. Great odds I would have it the other way spiders 1.85 ana 1.90. Ana do have a great bottom order but they should not be getting to there with Redbacks medium nagging line.

Rdh how about if the Redbacks pom and little sri lakan fire. I heard they as good as anyone in cmca. Great odds I would have it the other way spiders 1.85 ana 1.90. Ana do have a great bottom order but they should not be getting to there with Redbacks medium nagging line.

Don't get me wrong, they are great bats.. But after playing them last week, far too loose for finals..

Both caught behind trying to play big cut shots that were too close to their body far too early in their innings.
On their day they are as damaging as anyone, but they need to knuckle down early this week, they give a few chances in their first 20-30 balls, ANA aren't known for squandering chances, they put on a fielding clinic earlier in the year against us, took 3 blinders and a direct hit run out and had us 4 for not many very early. BUT if Lewis and Perera survive past that 30 ball mark, odds definitely tilt back into Spiders Favour.

Don't get me wrong, they are great bats.. But after playing them last week, far too loose for finals..

Both caught behind trying to play big cut shots that were too close to their body far too early in their innings.
On their day they are as damaging as anyone, but they need to knuckle down early this week, they give a few chances in their first 20-30 balls, ANA aren't known for squandering chances, they put on a fielding clinic earlier in the year against us, took 3 blinders and a direct hit run out and had us 4 for not many very early. BUT if Lewis and Perera survive past that 30 ball mark, odds definitely tilt back into Spiders Favour.

Sorry, I'm starting to lean towards some of not the guns for both sides, I see Gallagher was good last week, so like battles like Gallagher and Lovell they do the same for both teams also the battle between white and snape to young guys batting high. And the two best mates against each other to c who can hit the ball the hardest Bryce v Hugh. Also the two keepers down on form great glove men mite come down to who makes runs there. Dolman v schliegher.

Think it will come down to, Biggs and Dolman V Lewis and Schleiger.
And the second battle is the spinners, as this pitch turns quite a bit. Lee v Perera.

Gotta say, the match ups favour ANA for mine.

BUCC pretty stiff not to receive a final for at least 1 grade. Not like they need any more $$$ but I would have thought they earned the right with such a onfield success, only fair to benefit from canteen/bar income IMO.

Anywhoo... My predications.... Gee I love cricket in March.

Longy
ANA to def Carnegie Sth - really depends how much the redbacks can restrict ANA. If they can restrict me to under 160 I think game on. 180 + it's all ANA's. But the both playing for Runners up anyway next week.

Wooly
BUCC to def Moorabbin West - BUCC bat deep and should score plenty with Tim Brisbane to score a big one. His in a rich vein of form at the moment. Looking forward to watching a Omega V BUCC wooly gf.

Quiney
Ommies to def BUCC - i think ommies top order is strong and will post a big total if it bats first and will be too much for BUCC to chase down.

D Grade
Shamrock to def ESBCC - Feel for shamrock as they would be disappointed they didn't get a neutral ground final like the other top 3 grades. They look a very strong bowling side and if they can get Brett Baily out cheaply there in with a big chance.

E Grade
Melb Hellenic to def Hampton Central - surely the coffee makers can't loose another final. They seem to struggle in finals in only their short history in this comp but I'm tipping they get rid of hat hoodoo this week.

F Grade
Elwood to def Omega

G Grade
BUCC to def Aspendale Gardens - Heard there's been some in house fighting at the gardeners. But won't go into it on here.

H Grade
Mackie to def Southside

I Grade
Highest West to Def Melb Hellenic - Great job by the CMCA to have both Hellenic teams at the one venue. Should be a great atmosphere and big celebrations if the two teams get up. Woooppaaahhhh

We r flying on here.. No wonder my ears were burning!!! My hand is 100%. And can't wait to get out there Saturday / Sunday and enjoy another great challenge. One thing that is for sure both teams will be leaving nothing in the tank at the end of weekend.... May the best team when..

Haha... We have never taken anyone easier. Any side in this comp can beat anyone on a given day. Yes last time round we tried some different things.. But we gave 100% and they were too strong in the one day format. As for Bruce, have a lot of respect for him and he has set up a game plan that cleary works for south. It will be a good battle on the weekend... And more finals experience for my young squad which is an added bonus. Hopefully a big crowd at packer... And a few smarter sledges wouldn't go a stray either!!! ;)

Back