Cmca 2012/13

R
Rdh listen you just bowl half track shit, so u yes you rating yourself will never play in a longy final. Yes rdh you get wickets but may I ask how many are top 5.. Pull ur head in. Realise you get wickets cos no one rates you and they tee off. Listen your coach (the better spinner) is a cat. Stop your posting and get some well thought out wickets. Ps now it's footy season u would ate a hard ball.
Always a pleasure to meet a fan..
Not sure what part of my post warranted your incoherent outburst..

Maybe you should change your username, that wasn't very "nice"

And I would think my coach is a better spinner considering he has played for his country, top work captain obvious!

Just another keyboard warrior..

Don't get too worked up, RDH. Your mate also reckons it was idiotic to suggest the toss was important stating it's a no brainer to win the toss and bat. However, after yesterday, 3 of the last 4 Longy flags have been won chasing - and 2 of the last 3 in Woolnough as well.
Kudos to Uniting. That was some sort of display. Britt & Chubbs were devastating and Turner's knock shouldn't be underestimated. Took on the Spiders attack releasing the pressure valve.

Congrats also to Melbourne Hellenic who also had the worst of the conditions, but we're able to salute in I Grade. Ironically, both sides can have a crack at 2 Premiership Mad Mondays in consecutive weeks with teams still playing next weekend.

Don't get too worked up, RDH. Your mate also reckons it was idiotic to suggest the toss was important stating it's a no brainer to win the toss and bat. However, after yesterday, 3 of the last 4 Longy flags have been won chasing - and 2 of the last 3 in Woolnough as well.
Kudos to Uniting. That was some sort of display. Britt & Chubbs were devastating and Turner's knock shouldn't be underestimated. Took on the Spiders attack releasing the pressure valve.

Congrats also to Melbourne Hellenic who also had the worst of the conditions, but we're able to salute in I Grade. Ironically, both sides can have a crack at 2 Premiership Mad Mondays in consecutive weeks with teams still playing next weekend.

haha.. cheers Mick! not too worried at all..

Didn't get a chance to see any of the Longy final, but by all accounts it was some of the best cricket Uniting have played.. Gotta respect Chubbs, been injured most the year and pulls out a spell like that. Quality competitor and one of the all time greats.

Good luck to the rest of the teams playing, Elwood is positioned nicely in 2 finals with our 3's game in the balance vs Hellenic.

Congratulations to Bentleigh Uniting on a comprehensive win against the Spiders yesterday. I must admit that I thought Carnegie South had the most effective bowling and fielding attack in the comp, but what I saw yesterday from Uniting blew that assumption out of the water. That was the best bowling and fielding display I have seen in the CMCA. It was a pity that the Spiders batting couldn't put up any kind of fight at all and make a competition of it.

I'm sure Carnegie South will take a few steps back, look at the bigger picture and learn what they can from yesterday's beating to make them even more competitive next season. The bottom line is that it was a milestone for the club to make the Longmuir Grand Final for the first time and they have now seen what it takes to win the premiership.

Congrats again to Uniting, it was damn impressive win.

Very interesting reading lately!

Firstly congrats to Carnegie and Bruce, they've received a bashing lately which is unjustified, especially from people who were not good enough to make the final.

From what I've seen in the last 16 years in Longmuir Sunday especially in the field was the best cricket I've ever seen played in the CMCA, the distance was scary and there was not alot Carnegie could do, Uniting lost it last year and they've come out worked harder then anyone IMO at a guess to raise their cricket, Glenn has worked them to the bone and now has his rewards, easily the number 1 skip in the CMCA for mine.

The boys had a great night last night and chose not to stoop to there level of last years winners despite the numbers and chances they had, they just thought better of it, a truly remarkable performance and as far as I've seen they only have one weakness moving forward.

Conveniently, the calls made to last year's winners at 2:30am this morning were from private numbers. Perhaps another case of mistaken identity, brett. As I think you'll find that last year's calls were made from a nearby club to Uniting inferring they were last year's winners, but not actually being last year's winners. 2 people directly responsible for calls made last year owned up to it.
All irrelevant. It was a superb effort on the weekend. Would it be fair to say that Uniting's investment in Lalor is the biggest coup of the modern era? Paid/professional players innuendo aside, there is an aura of professionalism about Uniting that I personally haven't witnessed in my time.

‘nobody at MWCC accepts what happen but fact is i would be asking the scorer if he said anything at all to the MWCC player first before he reacted the way he did’

You really are a moron Maggie.You obviously accept what happened based on your post. I mean do you hold a position at the club, because if you do, then seriously step away, and step away now. Read what you write. You are justifying the acts of a person who has a serious anger management issue, who was out of control based on a comment that was made by an elderly gentleman. Is this what MWCC believes and tells its juniors and club members how to respond? What sort of example are you setting? What the hell is going on at MWCC?

Do yourself and the MWCC a favour and shut the f*** up, because everytime you post, you make your club sound like a bunch of ferals.
Read what you wrote and whose the feral , and read what i wrote i have said more than once i dont condone what what happened you peanut , what i am saying is there was reason why he reacted the way he did and im sure the scorer isnt a pensioner .

Very interesting reading lately!

Firstly congrats to Carnegie and Bruce, they've received a bashing lately which is unjustified, especially from people who were not good enough to make the final.

From what I've seen in the last 16 years in Longmuir Sunday especially in the field was the best cricket I've ever seen played in the CMCA, the distance was scary and there was not alot Carnegie could do, Uniting lost it last year and they've come out worked harder then anyone IMO at a guess to raise their cricket, Glenn has worked them to the bone and now has his rewards, easily the number 1 skip in the CMCA for mine.

The boys had a great night last night and chose not to stoop to there level of last years winners despite the numbers and chances they had, they just thought better of it, a truly remarkable performance and as far as I've seen they only have one weakness moving forward.

I don't think they've exactly copped a bashing on here, just not alot of support in terms of whether they could beat or get close to Uniting. Thats nothing against Carnegie, its a reflection of Uniting's form and ability, and those opinions were vindicated on the weekend.

Carnegie is an extremely well drilled team of honest cricketers with a couple of x factors thrown in with Lewis and Perera. A few clubs could take note (including mine) of the way they play for each other and the discipline with the way they bowl and field. They have a pack mentality on the field and it builds alot of pressure on the two batsmen at the crease. They deserve alot of recognition for the season they have had, making their first longmuir grand final is a fantastic achievement.

Conveniently, the calls made to last year's winners at 2:30am this morning were from private numbers. Perhaps another case of mistaken identity, brett. As I think you'll find that last year's calls were made from a nearby club to Uniting inferring they were last year's winners, but not actually being last year's winners. 2 people directly responsible for calls made last year owned up to it.
All irrelevant. It was a superb effort on the weekend. Would it be fair to say that Uniting's investment in Lalor is the biggest coup of the modern era? Paid/professional players innuendo aside, there is an aura of professionalism about Uniting that I personally haven't witnessed in my time.

I think the investment in Lalor is a massive positive for the competition.
He's brought a very professional approach to Bentleigh Uniting and that has been generating through the competition.
As a leader of an opposing club, i look at Bentleigh Uniting's approach and admire it. And maybe a bit envious of the talent at hand.

Also, no surprise the Big Dogg man of the match went to Damien Britt

I think the investment in Lalor is a massive positive for the competition.
He's brought a very professional approach to Bentleigh Uniting and that has been generating through the competition.
As a leader of an opposing club, i look at Bentleigh Uniting's approach and admire it. And maybe a bit envious of the talent at hand.

Also, no surprise the Big Dogg man of the match went to Damien Britt

Nice little plug there! ;)

Uniting as a club are the benchmark, The depth they have is unbelievable.

Tim Brisbane and Seb Zaia who were once regulars in the ones now are Woolnough players.

Their Longmuir, Woolnough and Quiney teams all making the Grand Final.
They could come away with the trifecta.

#Envy

Congrats to the uniting boys. Well deserved win after 3 great years of longy cricket.
It was a very disappointing end to such a good year of cricket, but shit happens.
Don't know about any verbal bashing and honestly don't really care. Im glad to played with and against everyone this season and will be back
next year to have another crack.

Thanks to all for being involoved in this great comp and a big thanks to bruce haley for putting up with some of the biggest ups and downs a club can have. End of the day it's just a game and as frustrating as it can be we still love it.

Also, britt was making that ball talk like no one I have seen in a long time. Well deserved BOG.

Time for me to get back on the skateboard and look forward to next season.
Have a good winter folks, see ya in October.

Congrats to the uniting boys. Well deserved win after 3 great years of longy cricket.
It was a very disappointing end to such a good year of cricket, but shit happens.
Don't know about any verbal bashing and honestly don't really care. Im glad to played with and against everyone this season and will be back
next year to have another crack.

Thanks to all for being involoved in this great comp and a big thanks to bruce haley for putting up with some of the biggest ups and downs a club can have. End of the day it's just a game and as frustrating as it can be we still love it.

Also, britt was making that ball talk like no one I have seen in a long time. Well deserved BOG.

Time for me to get back on the skateboard and look forward to next season.
Have a good winter folks, see ya in October.

Well done buddy! Was hoping you boys could give it a shake!
Captaining your team to a Longmuir grand final is a huge effort.

Enjoy your off-season!

Well done JC, well spoken pal.

Ok UM, not quite the story I've been feed, who owned up to it in your eyes?? There were def no calls made from anyone involved at the Den.

Also it was mentioned earlier there is a few blokes leaving, I suspect there may be a couple of outs like there will be some ins, but that happens at every club, I don't think there will be any of significance to worry about, I suspect there may even be some improvements, young Millwood and Harry.Z improving quickly, plus a push for Trent Cody depending on his football future and with Lalor and co at the helm I don't think there will be any lapses to come.

Also may had the great work by Bruce Hayley but similarly a man who goes unnentioned in the CMCA is Tony Drummond, was at the helm when I was skip in 06/07 when we won it, was heavily involved this year, his work and understanding with players is 2nd to none, very much loved and respected, works tirelessly all for the love of the club and intensely hates any form of praise, he should be in a similar category as Bruce, Tony just works within BUCC were as Bruce works hard also with the 21's in the CMCA, every club could do with either of these type like men.

A wonderful effort by Uniting in Longmuir. At the moment there seems to be a chasm between them and the rest of the comp. Maybe there should be an charity game where they play off v the best of the rest in the comp just to see how stong they are.
Even though they fell short on the weekend, much respect to the Spiders for a successful season. I'm sure they'll be there and there abouts next year.
As for us, we've got a good game on our hands. We battled hard against some tight bowling and generally very good fielding. 200 in a GF is always a competive score, and we have a very sound bowling unit. Bring on the weekend.

At the moment there seems to be a chasm between them and the rest of the comp.

Comments like the above and the well earned premiership etc.. i find amusing..
when the club has no less than 4 confirmed, , and 2 non confirmed at this stage. with the cost in the high 35,000 dollars + (a year).
Anyone can just about buy a premiership with that amount of money. and paying more than the eligible required players.

you may know me
hint.. Son of a Gun!

$35k a year haaaaaaaaaaaa, what a fool you are to think any local club in a small local competition can sustain that amount every year, you are a half wit.

I know for a fact it ain't anywhere near that, I also know that they (BUCC) despite there player payments still continue to make a profit ever season and there bank balance is increasing, why would that be the case?? There are so many other ways to determine a successful club, premierships are the icing on the cake.

Funnily enough the 3 alleged paid players Russel, Manders & Lalor on the weekend had 1 wicket 2 catches and no runs between them and BUCC home grown talent did the damage.

Who is the 4th player?

Comments like the above and the well earned premiership etc.. i find amusing..
when the club has no less than 4 confirmed, , and 2 non confirmed at this stage. with the cost in the high 35,000 dollars + (a year).
Anyone can just about buy a premiership with that amount of money. and paying more than the eligible required players.

you may know me
hint.. Son of a Gun!

Take a deep breath Son of a Gun, that toot you here is the taxi picking up Carnegie Souths Sri Lankan and English player imports and taking them to the airport.
Even in Woolnough Uniting is taking on teams that pay 2 to 3 players and giving them a shake.
We have had a look at Uniting with envy and are trying to copy their set up.
The secret is that Uniting is paying players just like the rest of us, it's just that their paid players are better than ours!

2 words that will stop future arguments. "Points system"
No one can police the current system. And many people use it as a scapegoat.
Introduce it and be done with the crap.

It will make clubs want to build their junior ranks and stop all the bullshit about unfair advantage with paid players.

This is the third time I have mentioned it and seem to be the only one doing so.
Cmca is one of about 4 leagues left that don't use it. And next year it might be the only one.

Back