Cmca 2012/13

2 words that will stop future arguments. "Points system"
No one can police the current system. And many people use it as a scapegoat.
Introduce it and be done with the crap.

It will make clubs want to build their junior ranks and stop all the bullshit about unfair advantage with paid players.

This is the third time I have mentioned it and seem to be the only one doing so.
Cmca is one of about 4 leagues left that don't use it. And next year it might be the only one.

Agreed mate..

I think the CMCA has to head in this direction, whether the current board will want to implement it is another thing.

Clubs with more money will have the most success, very rarely to you get quality players such has Lalor, Russell, Perera, Shiroman etc.. just walk in off the street and not be poached and paid.

Richer clubs, whether it be a benefactor, sponsors or a bigger supporter base that spends alot of money over the bar/functions will continue to have more success than other clubs as they can afford these "marquee" players.

It definitely isn't policed and they would have no idea how many players are payed within each club.

I am for it captain who!

How does it work? Do you have any examples of the point structure to give people an idea on here??

Does anyone know how the points work?

I am for it captain who!

How does it work? Do you have any examples of the point structure to give people an idea on here??

Does anyone know how the points work?

I'm not completely sure, but i think you get allocated a certain amount of points.

For each player in the team you are deducted points.

For example.

Longmuir Team is given 16 points.

Ex District Player - 4 points
Sub District - 3 points
First year at club (hasn't played a higher level) - 2 points
Regular Player - 1 point

Had it semi explained to me the other day, how the Mornington League does it.

Does have some merit to it.

Agree with the points system & have been involved in it in the VTCA.

Their points system is listed on their association website & it works well in most cases for 1st XI's. However, in one case (that is still happening) ONE CLUB has too many players with too many points for their 1st XI and therefore has some 'paid players' playing on a rotational basis through their 2nd XI (where points don't apply) and makes a farce of that 2nd XI grade.

The VTCA only applies it to 1st XI's who play against 1st XI's. How can it be implemented when 1st XI's play against 2nd, 3rd & even 4th XI's?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, just asking for input on implementation in this area.

Cheers, Roey.

24pts in this league.

Type
Category
Description
Base Player
Played juniors at Club or only ever played seniors at Club

2pts
Other Affiliate
Played VMCU / VCCL Competition or other State equivalent.
Has not played cricket in the past 5 seasons.
Played VSDCA or other State equivalent 2nd, 3rd or 4th XI. Played Premier or other State equivalent 3rd or 4th XI.

3pts
DDCA VSDCA
Played at another DDCA Club. Played VSDCA or other State equivalent 1st XI.
Played Premier or other State equivalent 2nd XI.

4pts
Premier Overseas
Played Premier or other State equivalent 1st XI.
Overseas Player

5pts
International
First Class player

In the 3rd year at the one club, the 5,4 & 3 pointers reduce by 1pt, in the 4th year they would reduce by a further point again!

The most important part to remember is that players who came through juniors are worth ZERO points to that club.
That is the basis of mornington's system when it was changed.

If we implement it, well I'm sure it will improve everyones clubs. Baxter tried to hurdle it and got busted.
Sadly it was one of my oldest friends who forgot to mention he played premier cricket firsts.
The side he left where he played juniors went on to win the flag and his undefeated side didn't make finals.

I mentioned it at the pre season skippers meeting with coxy, funnily enough there was only one person in the room who frowned at the idea.

This effects me due to playing firsts in another comp, but overall it will improve everyones clubs.
I'm happy to be the advocate to push this. I know I have support in most longy clubs. But for teams with first XIs in lower grades it can be a leg up
over some clubs seconds or thirds.

I think it's fair that if a big recruit came to any club, initially he'd have a high points rating but happy after a few years it reduce, I think that's fair.

I think you'll find there is strong support for it, cw. Not everyone jumps on here and many who do, only do so to read it rather than contribute. I've spoken to plenty about it and they're all for it. As far as giving a leg up to 1st XI clubs down the grades, you only have to look at the current system to see that it'll balance out. Uniting & Wash Ups are strong in both grades, however I suspect the points system would see that change somewhat. Based on this year Omega & Moorabbin West would also be impacted by the points system which again, would balance it out in Woolnough. It really does appear to be a no-brainer.

I heard Coxy on the radio mention another competition wanting to merge. Any idea who that might be? And what are people's thoughts on the potential name change that seems to be inevitable? Given there seems to be strong ties to the SFL through the Winter months does Southern Cricket Association seem the most likely?

I think it's fair that if a big recruit came to any club, initially he'd have a high points rating but happy after a few years it reduce, I think that's fair.

Thats the point I'm trying to get across. They can pay every player if they have the coin. In the big picture you need to look a few years ahead every year to make sure the allowances are there. But most importantly it stops the poo slinging about payed players.

Does that mean Brett as an overseas player would push Uniting over the limit?.

Hello my dear friend, I am all for a points system, a lot of leagues do it and it's far easier for the league to monitor.

Regarding me pushing Uniting over the limit? It's irrelevant in Quiney, that's were I belong these days.

Hello my dear friend, I am all for a points system, a lot of leagues do it and it's far easier for the league to monitor.

Regarding me pushing Uniting over the limit? It's irrelevant in Quiney, that's were I belong these days.

Not sure Doc would agree.
The Juggernaut have won 9 flags in 12 years and everyone just shrugged their shoulders. Uniting win 2 flags in 3 years and everyone is suddenly familiarizing themselves with Das Kaptial.

Comments like the above and the well earned premiership etc.. i find amusing..
when the club has no less than 4 confirmed, , and 2 non confirmed at this stage. with the cost in the high 35,000 dollars + (a year).
Anyone can just about buy a premiership with that amount of money. and paying more than the eligible required players.

you may know me
hint.. Son of a Gun!

The points system debate has some merit but the sort of crap posted above just reeks of ignorance and envy.
No disrespect intended as I have a lot of time for the CSCC but Uniting would have had more home grown players in their side then the Spiders on the weekend. And just like in the 2010/11 GF it was those home grown boys who did the damage. 35K? Give me a spell you clown.

Comments like the above and the well earned premiership etc.. i find amusing..
when the club has no less than 4 confirmed, , and 2 non confirmed at this stage. with the cost in the high 35,000 dollars + (a year).
Anyone can just about buy a premiership with that amount of money. and paying more than the eligible required players.

you may know me
hint.. Son of a Gun!
Who are the 4 confirmed and the 2 not confirmed?

Great ideas guys, no doubt the 2 paid player system is flawed, you can't possibly police it. In saying that unless you are in high positions at individual clubs all the talk about who gets paid and who doesn't is all rumour and innuendo. A comment earlier about bucc paying the right blokes is spot on. I would be very surprised if nearly all longy teams weren't paying someone, so there was alot of wasted money this season!! Bucc are an extremely well run club who would have numerous people putting in tremendous amounts of time with the 2 main areas you need to be successful as a club; FUNDRAISING & JUNIORS. The question is what do most guys in our comp play for? My answer would be to win, but ultimately it should be to be part of team and to have great times with mates. Paying the wrong blokes and paying more than you should can be shortsighted and can destroy the fabric of clubs, and for what?

Well said past hack!
Glenn and Ash were all ready mates with a lot of the guys either via footy or work before they came to Uniting and that makes a difference.

There is a bucket load of sponsors at the Den who dig deep and Re juniors I went to our U/12's junior presentation tonight, the club hired a function room, decked it out, free food for the kids and I heard the organiser at one stage count 70 adults, without counting kids, I was shocked as obviously been away for 2 years but the work and effort put in was unreal.

Now 70 adults/parents who also come and watch seniors, many have there own business or a position of power and when they see that is a enviroment there kid will grow up in, they want to put back.

Our kids are the life and future of the club, always has been, yes we've topped up but so has everyone, to see a lot of parents approach Shagg and congratulate him on winning the flag, shows a close knit club that runs far deeper then a Longmuir Premiership.

Skipper,
Curious whether there was much talk in the Spiders camp whether to bowl if you won the toss in the GF?.
The last time you played Uniting you had them in all sorts of trouble and no doubt that would have been playing in the back of the mind of a couple of them. Did the weather change your mind or was bowling first never an option?

Runs on the board in finals. Although more than 55 would have helped.
I never would have picked the ball would be doing what it did after 26 overs in wet conditions.
No use looking back at such decisions. If I sent in uniting and they made 300 I would've looked even more of a dud.

And your the first person who has mentioned this, most skippers would have batted.
Also, in 3 seasons I have never sent a team in. But we have never played for an outright either.
When we played them last time it was at our ground on our pitch, that can make things better for us.
Plus gihan was turning the ball sideways that day. He took 4 of the biggest scalps in the comp that day.

People at the awards night may remember that both glen and myself said we would bat first.
Looking back I would still bat, but maybe not so badly haha. Was a bad season with the bat for me. Worst ever actually.

Back