CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Roy - not sure if he was considered, but our young opening bowler would be a more than handy inclusion to the line up. He turned 18 a fortnight ago and the kid can play. I'm sure Sugar's boys will attest to that by the end of this week.

Fair turn out at Duncan Street tonight. The young fella that put Warnie over the fence and skittled him at the death will enjoy his 5mins of fame.
Big Duds already spruiking off that not even Gilly, Heals or Darren Berry can lay claim to 4 stumpings from S.K.W....
The ANA Show's number 1 ticket holder may very well have the worst hands in Longmuir. Dropped a sitter, then pulled out of one that was hit high and long, but very catchable. Poor form Biggie! Lucky you hit them well old man....

Roy;282909 said:
Under 21's squad was announced today on the web site i see

Marshall Bunting (Elwood)
Tom Backman (Bentleigh Uniting)
Luke Manders (ESBC)
Jason McConville (Bentleigh Uniting)
Tim Brisbane (Bentleigh Uniting)
Hugh Nicholson (Carnegie South)
Lachy Briody (Carnegie South)
Mikel Guyetsky (Mackie)
Tom Small (Elwwod)
Michael Fletcher (Omega)
Nigel Hunt (Hampton Central)
Adrian Hulston (Carnegie South)
Luke Montfort (ESBC)

dont know many names there im afraid, i know of Manders and Montfort (seen them around the place at sandy) but thats about it, anyone care to inform me on the rest im interested to see how they go agianst the other comps

Solid 21's side this year,i'd expect them to perform well.

Roy;282909 said:
Under 21's squad was announced today on the web site i see

Marshall Bunting (Elwood)
Tom Backman (Bentleigh Uniting)
Luke Manders (ESBC)
Jason McConville (Bentleigh Uniting)
Tim Brisbane (Bentleigh Uniting)
Hugh Nicholson (Carnegie South)
Lachy Briody (Carnegie South)
Mikel Guyetsky (Mackie)
Tom Small (Elwwod)
Michael Fletcher (Omega)
Nigel Hunt (Hampton Central)
Adrian Hulston (Carnegie South)
Luke Montfort (ESBC)

dont know many names there im afraid, i know of Manders and Montfort (seen them around the place at sandy) but thats about it, anyone care to inform me on the rest im interested to see how they go agianst the other comps

Keep an eye on Hulston...very good kid as are the Carnegie South contingent. There are a couple at ANA that may have some fun with one of the names on the list. Leave it alone Sugar....

Uncle Mick;283024 said:
Roy - not sure if he was considered, but our young opening bowler would be a more than handy inclusion to the line up. He turned 18 a fortnight ago and the kid can play. I'm sure Sugar's boys will attest to that by the end of this week.

Fair turn out at Duncan Street tonight. The young fella that put Warnie over the fence and skittled him at the death will enjoy his 5mins of fame.
Big Duds already spruiking off that not even Gilly, Heals or Darren Berry can lay claim to 4 stumpings from S.K.W....
The ANA Show's number 1 ticket holder may very well have the worst hands in Longmuir. Dropped a sitter, then pulled out of one that was hit high and long, but very catchable. Poor form Biggie! Lucky you hit them well old man....

Yep was a good game last night, looked an interesting chase before Biggie & LD got going, some super clean hitting that!!
In hindsight needed that MP big left hander to bat for another 5 overs, then we might of seen a close game?

was good to see the great man play for is old club, should be more of that kinda thing.. in some form, what im not sure??
Good for cicket all round..!!!
Hodge- Moorabbin
Quiney -Was Ups
Others??

Bit like AFL country week, players go to origin club for fundraisers etc..

How long til we see the 20/20 format in CMCA?
I think a champions league/ knockout style where all teams play each other from CMCA, hold on tues nights (how many train Tues as it is??) few weeks either side of the break, would get a few along to watch & raise some funds.. some sort of prize for the winner.. Thoughts??

Or tues night 20/20 league where a cross section of each club has to play.
Think there was some form of this quite a few years ago, maybe Homer could shed light?

PS- Well hosted by the Sandy squad again, good work lads!!

Good point, Burgs. You can't buy publicity like we saw last night. Seeing the old faces return to their original clubs can only be good for the game. Not sure anyone else in the local area has gone on to any significant heights though. Bobby looks set to make an international debut in one of the shorter forms of the game. He's tearing the Ford Ranger comp apart.

As far as a CMCA T20 proposal goes, it sounds like a fantastic idea. It's the future of the international game, but in respect to our level it gives the clubs such as a Highett West who are a long way from playing Longmuir cricket a taste of what it's like to play against the big dogs. Over a few weeks on Tuesdays around Xmas seems like a logical idea. In my opinion, this is something the CMCA should seriously look at. Of course the issues with the grounds will need to be considered.

Burger;283231 said:
Yep was a good game last night, looked an interesting chase before Biggie & LD got going, some super clean hitting that!!
In hindsight needed that MP big left hander to bat for another 5 overs, then we might of seen a close game?

was good to see the great man play for is old club, should be more of that kinda thing.. in some form, what im not sure??
Good for cicket all round..!!!
Hodge- Moorabbin
Quiney -Was Ups
Others??

Bit like AFL country week, players go to origin club for fundraisers etc..

How long til we see the 20/20 format in CMCA?
I think a champions league/ knockout style where all teams play each other from CMCA, hold on tues nights (how many train Tues as it is??) few weeks either side of the break, would get a few along to watch & raise some funds.. some sort of prize for the winner.. Thoughts??

Or tues night 20/20 league where a cross section of each club has to play.
Think there was some form of this quite a few years ago, maybe Homer could shed light?

PS- Well hosted by the Sandy squad again, good work lads!!

Lalor Capt of St Kilda (Mackie)
Plumridge (Prahran) Hampton United
Michael & Stephen Singh (Prahran) ANA
Lyons (St.Kilda) Omega
Heywood (St Kilda) Washington
Mathieson (St.Kilda) Washington
Dale (Casey) Mackie
Apologies to the others I have not mentioned.

JAMSTER;283247 said:
Lyons (St.Kilda) Omega
Dale (Casey) Mackie

With respect to all the players listed above, none of them would draw a crowd. I don't think you'd get any extra people going along to the velodrome if Heywood and Mathieson were going to take the field for the wash-ups.

JAMSTER;283247 said:
Lyons (St.Kilda) Omega
Dale (Casey) Mackie

Plumridge! ...its his first year at prahran
you might as well chuck in
Luke Shelton (RSL) and Glen Beckett (Omega)

JAMSTER;283184 said:
Keep an eye on Hulston...very good kid as are the Carnegie South contingent. There are a couple at ANA that may have some fun with one of the names on the list. Leave it alone Sugar....

Tom Backman to have a very good series opening up. should be looking for 150 + runs.Marshall Bunting to take a few wickets.

Well put, Marto.... wouldn't have thought Premier cricket would be considered
'significant heights'. No disrespect to those blokes, but Hodgey has played Test cricket and Bobby Quiney could be on the verge of a one-day/T20 international debut. Those are the sort of people that will create an interest.

Bat ears.... when do I get your text?

Interesting form by K Pitt getting the name in the paper and being described as a "minor legend". Would have thought the night was focused on Warney and not on himself.

What a moronic comment. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Kim didn't write or edit the article....

Uncle Mick;283265 said:
Well put, Marto.... wouldn't have thought Premier cricket would be considered
'significant heights'. No disrespect to those blokes, but Hodgey has played Test cricket and Bobby Quiney could be on the verge of a one-day/T20 international debut. Those are the sort of people that will create an interest.

Bat ears.... when do I get your text?

What text are you looking for ?

None champ. I thought you were in on this joke sending texts to me about missing out on playing with the great man....

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;283281 said:
Interesting form by K Pitt getting the name in the paper and being described as a "minor legend". Would have thought the night was focused on Warney and not on himself.

You all should be aware that you can't believe everything you read in papers and K.Pitt would not have put himself in, more likely one of his clubmates. Sounded like another great result for ESBC & CMCA.
That U21 squad looks quite strong actually. Best for a few years.

Roy;283363 said:
where was the article? who are the strong players in it? i've been told its quite a young side?

Tommy Backman,everyone should no him 470 runs last year.
Marshall Bunting, has already hit 220 runs this year and few wickets.

this will probably be the 21's side for the next 3-4 years.
average age is around 17-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back