CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

hey boys,
pretty normal looking week of scores all around. after chasing down 220 odd last week, 138 looks much easier but we'll have to focus and not take w.b. too lightly. good fielding day for us on saturday.
carnegie south would be pretty happy with their score against a reasonable b.u. side.
another big score by sandy.
hampton central will have to depend on thier bowling again.
fair effort by omega but i'd still expect union to get the runs.
and perhaps victoryfromthevelodrome will have something to brag about next week. few close ones again this week i reckon.

anything interesting happen in any of the games? shots, deliveries, fielding, crowd involvement, umpires etc.

cheers

Not sure if he will have a run this year but if he does so,surely he will walk straight in and bat top 6,"bit rich" your an absolute joke. your probably still dirty he smashed you all over the park in juniors and probabnly seniors..

Bit RICH;273535 said:
Any chance Guy Martyn is going to have a run for Sandy this year?

Or will he just turn up to a session before x-mas and think he is good enough to walk into the side,i played against the arrogant C**t in juniors and thought he was gods gift to cricket....

Ever since he started seniors has not done one thing to impress, but still thinks he rules the comp.
and has had every injury in the book,thstop thsookin about your injuriess..
toughen up printhethhhh...

Hahaha i'll let that one go through to the keeper.

God's gift to women maybe, but cricket..... i don't think so.

Obviously this rumour of me being behind all the alias' is doing the rounds and you're trying to get a rise. I like the thspelling of "thstop thsooking". thSimilar to the of thSerious th6 thSmasher. Also similar to a bigfooty poster, Number 3 Zebra typed. You reckon that was actually me? You might want to look elsewhere when playing detective and trying to find who's behind all these names.

cant remember "bit rich" but i think martyn is a premiership player????

what have you done?besides gettin carted around the ground by him?

the only reason why he was a half decent junior cricketer is because no-one could bowl him around his guts!

Maybe you could lend them one of your premiership medals Marto!
And then take it back and place it back with your OTHERS!!!!
JERKS!!!:p

GIVE_HODGEY_A_GAME;273408 said:
Good tip idiot! That's looking the goods isn't it?!

I was being facetious, however I stand by comments re their fragile batting line up. Their skipper made 68 out of 160+.If Union doesn't get up then they can start planning for next season. Elwood was the surprise package.Looks like they may cause more than few problems this year assuming they get over the line.WB still have a strong attack.Hampton Central seem to be in all sorts of trouble.Maysie is going to have to pull out something special if they are going to get up.
Did anyone see Craig Whites over yesterday. Probably bowled the worst ball in Test cricket....Pretty tired.

Jamster - after a tough weekend, the Cameron White ball that went for 4 wides last night made me feel a bit better about life. Not even I have bowled a ball like that.

Archie Roach;273452 said:
UM,
My comments were not ment to offend, just stating the obvious, and i'm fully aware of the work your family have done, and also what the Corrs are doing at your club.
I have been on committee's myself and understand the enormity of running clubs in this day and age, its harder now as the new breed of youth can sometimes be perplexing to say the least.
Maybe you've hit the nail on the head, perhaps an amalgamation with Chelt Park could be an issue to discuss in the future, we don't wish the demise of a club on anyone, keep in there until the last wicket, great to see you have passion.

I have no issue with your comments, Archie. You seem like a reasonable man. Not sure the club would be looking to merge as we can consistently field 3 teams and players over 30 are scarcely seen down at Peterson St. For the club to thrive, it may be a forseeable option, but the club should continue to exist in it's current form for a little while yet.

Guy, I see your point and can understand the level of sportsmanship in playing a one-dayer, but there's a bloke called Spaz who I reckon might enjoy a day out with the 2 piece ball. And the skipper shapes them around quite well too. My opinion is that the game should've continued with ANA to be sanctioned by the CMCA. There will come a time when East are 4/31 with a 4 piece ball and they're not going to have the luxury of calling it off to play a one day game.
Either way, there deserves to be an explanation for what happened. Perhaps ANA can host a media conference on youtube to explain their actions...?

Sugar;273603 said:
Jamster - after a tough weekend, the Cameron White ball that went for 4 wides last night made me feel a bit better about life. Not even I have bowled a ball like that.

Care to elaborate on the tough weekend, Sugar? Or are you going to continue dodging questions? You've failed to acknowledge my question about the verbal tirade you were receiving when I came past on Saturday and you're passing the 2 piece ball incident off as an oversight.
It's not a witch hunt, champ. Simply looking for details. More so due to there being no weekly write up on the website.
All I know of Saturday's game is a score of 8/298 and that Corpy & Manders got not many, whilst Duddy, Biggie and Cracker got a few runs each. Ditto the rest of the games with only the recognised wicket takers and run scorers in the weekly highlights.

Big Benn;273560 said:
the only reason why he was a half decent junior cricketer is because no-one could bowl him around his guts!

Wouldn't i just be given out LBW then if my guts kept getting in the way?

And might i add what an interesting way of spelling your name Benn. I've never seen Benn spelt with 2 n's before.......Weird.

Tough weekend in reference to chasing the ball everywhere due to good batting from Phelan, Dudy, Deveraux, as well as Pitty & Cheeks at the end. It's amazing how dry Chisholm has become in 12 months.

As I said, from what I gather the collecting of the ball was an oversight. In reference to it being picked up after 13 or so overs, I don't know much about it. What I do know is that our 2 bowlers at the time are new to Woolnough Shield (Sherlock being a Longmuir regular, and Dziurek being new to the club), so I doubt they would have picked up on the matter quickly, if at all.

I think after several overs of the ball unexpectedly maintaining its movement in the air, everyone would have had reason to inspect why it was doing so much, hence the end result.

Sugar;273622 said:
Tough weekend in reference to chasing the ball everywhere due to good batting from Phelan, Dudy, Deveraux, as well as Pitty & Cheeks at the end. It's amazing how dry Chisholm has become in 12 months.

As I said, from what I gather the collecting of the ball was an oversight. In reference to it being picked up after 13 or so overs, I don't know much about it. What I do know is that our 2 bowlers at the time are new to Woolnough Shield (Sherlock being a Longmuir regular, and Dziurek being new to the club), so I doubt they would have picked up on the matter quickly, if at all.

I think after several overs of the ball unexpectedly maintaining its movement in the air, everyone would have had reason to inspect why it was doing so much, hence the end result.

Well isn't that a load of crap. What about the keeper and all the fielders passing the ball around and shining it up? Someone would have known and don't deny that. Also, from all reports it wasn't even moving around that much and there certainly wasn't an inspection to see why it was doing so much. One of the batsmen noticed it when the ball rolled near him at the non-strikers end. Can you ask all the boys at training tonight Sugar and see if ANY of them noticed they were using a 2 piece before they got busted.

BrianFantana;273579 said:

Yeah no shit, he's got 5 or 6 of the things to lend out. Perhaps they just want to have a lend of Ray. But not for too long. That year he spent at Bentleigh Uniting was the worst year of his life. The poor ************ didn't have a drink for a year!

Sugar;273622 said:

That's fair enough. As the above post suggests though, someone must've noticed when shining the ball and passing it around. You should probably sit down with the side and nut out where the communication broke down for it not to be brought to attention. Someone of Sherlock's experience should know that Woolnough use the same ball.

On the topic of Chisholm, it's pretty ordinary for the best part of the season. As evidenced with the excellent condition of the ground in last year's GF the club choose to conserve their tank water and use it wisely.

Thanks Flav for the DDCA link, some guys have been bemused why i chat on this forum so i thought i would try to start one like the CMCA one started some time back.
No harm trying and if you guys get a rise then all good for you, time will tell.
Good to see James Coles got a 5-57 on the weekend first of many to come, and a quick fire 20 with the bat as he can't play next week help BUCC to 1-30 chaseing 220 good job by the number 10, they can put that win in the bag.
Sug i also wonder how the boys could not notice a 2 piece ball, but i don't see why you are ment to probe your mob for the answers on this forum.
I can't see the CMCA doing a thing (just a warning)
While i am at it i also echo Flavs take on your YOUTUBE work well done.
Flav i wish you the best in your efforts to help your club and hope they can change their attitude towards cricket for you guys to be successful.
As someone mentioned MOOSE would have to prove something by making a score, well he was in the team of the year last year and made 62 round 1 i don't see why its up to him, the whole side should step up and get runs not just the MOOSE.

thSerious th6 thSmasher;273628 said:
Yeah no shit, he's got 5 or 6 of the things to lend out. Perhaps they just want to have a lend of Ray. But not for too long. That year he spent at Bentleigh Uniting was the worst year of his life. The poor ************ didn't have a drink for a year!

Well if thats what you think thats fine, but Ray returned home were he should be.
After all RAY LONGMUIR is a Bentleigh Uniting & Cmca Life member so i don't think he looked out of place on the walls of JULIE COOPER PAVILLION.:D

Sugar;273622 said:

After the discovery of what was to be a two piece ball, couldn't the two captains get together and just decide to keep playing with the ball, and next week East Sandy uses the same type of pill.
What a waste of good Saturday afternon, show some initiative boys.
I reckon old Jase may have thought, i'm back to my best here fellas, moving and swinging those hips as well as the ball.

BrianFantana;273579 said:

Oh yeh we luv wining flagz down at da Chiz!

brett;273655 said:
Well if thats what you think thats fine, but Ray returned home were he should be.
After all RAY LONGMUIR is a Bentleigh Uniting & Cmca Life member so i don't think he looked out of place on the walls of JULIE COOPER PAVILLION.:D

mayb he likes us beta coz he has a good ol drink wif us every week. And hes probly not happy with you guyz cos u snubed him in da team of the centry.

Archie Roach;273658 said:
After the discovery of what was to be a two piece ball, couldn't the two captains get together and just decide to keep playing with the ball, and next week East Sandy uses the same type of pill.
What a waste of good Saturday afternon, show some initiative boys.
I reckon old Jase may have thought, i'm back to my best here fellas, moving and swinging those hips as well as the ball.

y would a team dat is obviously in truble continue gainst a side dat is cheatin? that's just plane stupid! and i rekon if u asked da boyz from the 2s if it was a waste of a aftanoon theyd say no. they had a grate day sittin in da sun drinkin beer watchin the snr ferals smak the ball round!

Uncle Mick;273618 said:
Care to elaborate on the tough weekend, Sugar? Or are you going to continue dodging questions? You've failed to acknowledge my question about the verbal tirade you were receiving when I came past on Saturday and you're passing the 2 piece ball incident off as an oversight.
It's not a witch hunt, champ. Simply looking for details. More so due to there being no weekly write up on the website.
All I know of Saturday's game is a score of 8/298 and that Corpy & Manders got not many, whilst Duddy, Biggie and Cracker got a few runs each. Ditto the rest of the games with only the recognised wicket takers and run scorers in the weekly highlights.

It couldve easily been a good 350-400 score if Corp and Manders gets going together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back