CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Uncle Mick;274017 said:
I was beginning to wonder how Barney was excluded from the topic of quicks. He's up there as one of the sharper bowlers going around. And you can throw Manders into the mix. The kid is already quite sharp at 16. Coles looks lively, but if Uniting reckon they sorted him out by last season's end, what was the excuse for his erratic and expensive bowling in Rd.11? Ant Reid has always been the quickest I've faced. I have no idea who Billy is to give an opinion.

Barney is sharp, would be better if he moved the pill around i would still have him in my side any day.
Can someone tell me when Ant Reid took a bag of 5 last, and on Billy the Kid he is far off Reid, Bennet & Coles but if he is 16 a bit of strength in him and he could be quicker but i am only going on last years effort in Rd11 and he was probably the pace of a Craig Park i thought.
He took a bag the week before he may have been sore or tired.
Good kid tho

brett;274037 said:
Barney is sharp, would be better if he moved the pill around i would still have him in my side any day.
Can someone tell me when Ant Reid took a bag of 5 last, and on Billy the Kid he is far off Reid, Bennet & Coles but if he is 16 a bit of strength in him and he could be quicker but i am only going on last years effort in Rd11 and he was probably the pace of a Craig Park i thought.
Good kid tho

I think back problems held him back towards the end of last year..top kid..aha

brett;274037 said:
Good kid tho

He was focusing on trying to get the ball in the right areas and not worry about the pace. Waste of time that is! At their quickest, i reckon Manders has Barney. And that was 7 months ago so i'm tipping he's only getting quicker.

brett;274037 said:
Good kid tho

We are talking speed, not wicket taking ability. Ant used to soften them up so Stacey 'the man' could get all the glory with his left arm pies. I'd have the dunny paper handy for Ant because not even he knows where it's going so that's a bit concerning.

'Billy the Kid' reminds me of Dermott Brereton...and he's young, dumb and full of cum.

Not sure where you get the Roy comparison for 'the kid' but you would have to question how hard he was going in a meaningless game the week before the finals. I can tell you that he turned the semi final in the space of three balls and if he couldn't be stuffed playing at higher levels then the CMCA batsmen have a bit to worry about over the next 10 years coz he's going to be dynamite. Just a crying shame that he may help the bandwagon to just keep rolling along for a while yet...and speaking of the bandwagon, wouldn't Warnie be the icing on the cake.

I think throwing Coles in amongst the elite is way over the top. Kind of like comparing Phil Arnold with Con Goro.

Marto;274040 said:
He was focusing on trying to get the ball in the right areas and not worry about the pace. Waste of time that is! At their quickest, i reckon Manders has Barney. And that was 7 months ago so i'm tipping he's only getting quicker.

Yeh manders bowled no good againt uniting that day..slow and short.

ANA Hater;274042 said:
We are talking speed, not wicket taking ability. Ant used to soften them up so Stacey 'the man' could get all the glory with his left arm pies. I'd have the dunny paper handy for Ant because not even he knows where it's going so that's a bit concerning.

'Billy the Kid' reminds me of Dermott Brereton...and he's young, dumb and full of cum.

Not sure where you get the Roy comparison for 'the kid' but you would have to question how hard he was going in a meaningless game the week before the finals. I can tell you that he turned the semi final in the space of three balls and if he couldn't be stuffed playing at higher levels then the CMCA batsmen have a bit to worry about over the next 10 years coz he's going to be dynamite. Just a crying shame that he may help the bandwagon to just keep rolling along for a while yet...and speaking of the bandwagon, wouldn't Warnie be the icing on the cake.

I think throwing Coles in amongst the elite is way over the top. Kind of like comparing Phil Arnold with Con Goro.

Jules, he had you blokes reaching for your gear quickly last year.
And i remember last year at Lords reserve i had the gloves on behind the stumps and was taking the ball 10 meters away from the fence at the pavillion end.
As my comments on Manders, perhaps premature i have only seen him once and i will take martos word for it.
Some times it is just best to let these young quicks bowl instead of trying to curtail them.
But in saying over a sustained period in order i would have.
1 Bennet
2 Reid
3 Coles
3 Sheigler (f**K he bowled quick one day to us when we skittled them for 60 odd and he had us 4-2 lol. He was a nut case)

Word was Hitchcock was lighting quick when he was young as was Goro can anyone confirm this

ANA Hater;274042 said:

who said he couldnt be stuffed playing at higher levels?
And
what was he doing a week before finals?

Marto;274040 said:

Stop pumping up easts tires..there heads are big enough..
surprised you havnt started talking about yourself yet.

Bit RICH;274055 said:
Stop pumping up easts tires..there heads are big enough..
surprised you havnt started talking about yourself yet.

i played 21s with that coles bloke last year and no offence to the bloke he shouldnt be spoken of in the subject.

brett;274048 said:
And i remember last year at Lords reserve i had the gloves on behind the stumps and was taking the ball 10 meters away from the fence at the pavillion end.
As my comments on Manders, perhaps premature i have only seen him once and i will take martos word for it.
Some times it is just best to let these young quicks bowl instead of trying to curtail them.
1 Bennet
2 Reid
3 Coles
3 Sheigler (f**K he bowled quick one day to us when we skittled them for 60 odd and he had us 4-2 lol. He was a nut case)

Word was Hitchcock was lighting quick when he was young as was Goro can anyone confirm this

Craig Hitchcock and Humphrey Hughes were supposedly the most terrifying combination the CMCA has seen or will see. And from what i saw of Goro when i was a young tacker, he wasn't far behind them. And that was on mats when half volleys hit the seam and kicked at your head.

ANA Hater;274059 said:
Craig Hitchcock and Humphrey Hughes were supposedly the most terrifying combination the CMCA has seen or will see. And from what i saw of Goro when i was a young tacker, he wasn't far behind them. And that was on mats when half volleys hit the seam and kicked at your head.

In pace terms Jules, who would you compare C Goros pace to of today.
Equal to anyone or quicker

brett;274048 said:
1 Bennet
2 Reid
3 Coles

Not as quick as Con in my humble opinion. Agree with you about Schleiger.He had some very grumpy days when he was quick, but I also George Goro take him apart one day when he was bowling quite quick.Colm Kinsella at Mackie can be quite sharp and Bottsy when he was at M/West had his moments.The three who could comment on the matting versus the current stuff (still playing that is) would be the Manakis brothers and the evergreen Kim Pitt. Thinking back we must have been insane, and no helmets....

brett;273993 said:
I think you forget as his former Captain i know more on him then you claim to, when ever we got early wickets last year it was because of him. Imparticular he ripped the heart out of the Union top order last year and made Pothitos look scared when he skittled him for O. He is only 21 and will get better and stronger and does leak some runs but we fixed that come season end with setting the right field.
Ant is sharp but does not move the ball, i can't remember when he last took 5 wickets James swings it away and cuts it in and i swear i have seen plenty of games with nervous batsman when he bowls.
Put your name to your post CMCA nerd so i can see who you are and what you offer when they play you next.
PS bring a change of knickers

i have faced coles with a 10 over old ball and her did not move it..seriously. didnt swing or cut. maybe just an off day but our openers said that it wasnt moving either. ant reid doesnt move it either really but hes def quicker but only lasts about 5-6 overs b4 he drops off.
in my experience schleiger is the quickest of the past few years. bennett used to be and he gets bounce so can be scary coming up at ur throat, but think his pace has dropped off a bit. from what ive heard con gora was lightning.
think manders will scare a few teams who dont like getting behind the ball eg. hampton central, washups, uniting. look forward to putting him around the park though.

brett;274060 said:
In pace terms Jules, who would you compare C Goros pace to of today.
Equal to anyone or quicker

Give Jules a rest, spoke to him last saturday night after Burger has branded him as the ANA Hater all through his club and although he's a bit sick of Burger's obsession, he didn't seem too concerned and denies all carnal knowledge.

There have been no players in the CMCA that compare with Hughes, Hitchcock and the Champ since the pitches went green. On their day, the likes of Barney and Ant can produce the odd quicky, but H, H & C could do it ball after ball, game after game, with ANA's weapon of choice - the dreaded two piece !!!

cmca nerd;274082 said:
i have faced coles with a 10 over old ball and her did not move it..seriously. didnt swing or cut. maybe just an off day but our openers said that it wasnt moving either. ant reid doesnt move it either really but hes def quicker but only lasts about 5-6 overs b4 he drops off.
in my experience schleiger is the quickest of the past few years. bennett used to be and he gets bounce so can be scary coming up at ur throat, but think his pace has dropped off a bit. from what ive heard con gora was lightning.
think manders will scare a few teams who dont like getting behind the ball eg. hampton central, washups, uniting. look forward to putting him around the park though.

Face up nerd,show your name (soft).

It sounds like everyone's romance with fast bowlers of the past is a little bit unfair on the bowlers of the past 10 years.

There is no question that the names mentioned from the 80's & 90's were quick bowlers, but if they permanently had 2-piece balls and matting at their disposal, then no wonder their reputations are strong.

Keith Schleiger took 50 wickets in a season 2 years in a row with a 4-piece on synthetic - I can only imagine what he could have with a 2-piece on matting.

Maybe we'll sneak him into our Woolnough team this weekend to find out? :p

going back to the 70s the champ was very very quick on the mats you also have to remember that the run ups and the approach at the wicket was only dirt or marl which cause a problem with holes appearing after a short while, you had to keep one eye on the hole and the other on the batsmen otherwise you would injured yourself.

Bit of an interesting read as the moronic ANA Hater has gone the private messages with me. Clearly the lad is not the brightest crayon in the packet....

There has been plenty of talk at our club as to who the ANA Hater might be. What do you do anyway that gives you so much time on here?

Listen champ, I don't have any issues with you personally as I have no idea who you are, but I refuse to involve myself in personal conversations with someone that wants to remain anonymous whilst having subtle digs at me. I'm happy to talk when you can be honest enough to accept responsibility for your own convictions. Until then, you're best served dishing it up to me on the open forum. I'm happy to keep wearing it.

I guess champ is slightly better than nincompoop or ignoramis, although i'd simply prefer Pooch if you dont mind

Hahaha... come on. You're better than that. For a start both of them know what I do and secondly, I just spoke to them both on the phone. Keep playing your cat & mouse game.

I'm not going to hassle you here anymore, but you are loving every minute of da cat and da mouse. Alias wise, i think the only ones you aren't are :

ANA Hater
brett
and Burger

i bet the pooch call made you laugh ;-)

Ha. Certainly did. God bless you for thinking I have enough time to post as myself as often as I have and still be able to use aliases. Clearly I know you, but obviously you don't have the ticker to own up to your posts, if in fact you aren't that cat Waisberg who gobs off on the field and forum, but has nothing to say elsewhere.

Well maybe you should think about your posts. I can see the biggest contradiction from you on the same day mate. Scroll up this private shit and u'll see "i have no idea who you are" and then a line or two later (maybe u've had too many lines) "Clearly I know you".

Do you know what day of the week it is mate ???

Ha! You're a dumb c*nt, are you? I'll spell it out to a brainless simpleton such as yourself. Try to keep up now...
It has become quite clear that we know each other, be it through association or on a personal level - this much I am sure. The fact is, you are posting under a name that I don't recognise, therefore the person behind the moniker 'ANA Hater' is still somewhat of a mystery to me and so I have no idea exactly who you are other than the fact we know each other.

How'd you go? Understand that 'mate'.

ANA hater, it wasn't Burger or Bruder that outed you Jules.

It was another one of your 2 blue boys. I had conversation with him about bigcricket/bigfooty and all the alias stuff that was going on. He seemed to have a big of knowledge about it all. I quickly slipped in the question of who ANA hater is and he let it out straight away. 7-8 hours of drinking on a Sunday arvo was the perfect preparation to get it out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back